Opinion Bad times will make the good times sweeter

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have equaled the record of most points scored against us since we got introduced into the comp in 1935 or whatever year it was, if that isn’t frightening then I don’t know what is. This is a professional organisation and a entertainment business. No entertainment means no business!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I expect effort, pride and heart as a basic principle and none of that's happening, that I will not be patient for. I have my own opinions on the rest and my own timelines and expectations.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just throw 2 million at Bellamy for fux sake.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s easy to tune out at the moment, but remember sport is all about the highs and lows and almost every sporting organisation will go through a period of hardship and it sucks because no one wants to be patient, but when the club is going through very tough periods, we must also go through it as we must support them through both the highs and lows…. Yes we can be furious and critical but when things eventually turns around we will look back at these tough times and it will make it even sweeter knowing what we had to go through to get to where we need to be.

As weird as it is to say, what we are going through right now is what sport and life is all about, we are just not used to it because we have never gone through this for such a long period, but things will turn, they always do… hopefully as long as we have the right people in place going forward.
True, panthers a few years ago were in a similar situation
The Sharks in ‘14 were terrible then won the comp in ‘16.
The Raiders were always very mediocre for a while and 2 years ago they made the GF.

The Broncos were successful like us and now they’re in a similar position

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Good times? What are those?

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s easy to tune out at the moment, but remember sport is all about the highs and lows and almost every sporting organisation will go through a period of hardship and it sucks because no one wants to be patient, but when the club is going through very tough periods, we must also go through it as we must support them through both the highs and lows…. Yes we can be furious and critical but when things eventually turns around we will look back at these tough times and it will make it even sweeter knowing what we had to go through to get to where we need to be.

As weird as it is to say, what we are going through right now is what sport and life is all about, we are just not used to it because we have never gone through this for such a long period, but things will turn, they always do… hopefully as long as we have the right people in place going forward.
Except you belittled Pay at every opportunity. You turned on one of our own. Just consider the inexperience of the squad Pay was working with compared to now. We had pride in our defence once patterns were entrenched mid season each year.
Confidence grows from defensive effort. Because the players are confused now, their confidence is shattered.
Pay needs to be approached urgently to come back as defensive coach.