Opinion Backline

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its generally accepted that Hoppa is just to slow to be a fullback. Then why would you consider him as a winger with his lack of pace.
A winger is essentially a finisher. So we have a finisher without pace?
The only logical choice, is to put Hoppa on the bench, if we must play him. He has a bit of footy smarts
and could fill in a multiplicity of positions if needed. However, there is better options than that.
I agree with this and actually think he would be a great second row but we have abundance of these kinds..

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although he was good for us at FB late last year, I believe Hoppa would be most useful for us playing 5/8 he has a footy brain and would be a big help for the Prince., I don't hold up much hope for Foran
Hahahaha good one Desmond good one..

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 - Meaney
2 - Hoppa
3 - Montoya
4 - Holland
5 - Smith

Think this may be the way Pay goes. Switching Hoppa and Meaney throughout first few games.
Unless we jag a Centre beforehand and they’d come in for Montoya.
Can see Crichton forcing his way in at some stage.
Pay isn’t going to swap Hoppa and Meaney during games

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I read that James Roberts May have a get out Clause in his contract and may leave Brisbane. What a pick up if we can land him !!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I read that James Roberts May have a get out Clause in his contract and may leave Brisbane. What a pick up if we can land him !!!
Pass.

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cant see us having the money for james roberts even if he was available

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
James Roberts is essentially a spectator except for that rare occasion when he gets in clear space... sure he has a nice highlight reel but no all round value

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's 2 players, Early stages...Time will tell if it happens and if it does, us Bulldogs fans will be happy !!!
Time to put up or shut up yet? You have no contacts, you’ve probs guessed a rumor or copied one from Facebook or something..

I could be wrong.. Prove it, lay your cards on the table

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
If that happens, tries will be leaked on Hoppa'a side like no tommorow.
Maybe so but Crichton is a better defender than Montoya so that could help. Foran next to Hoppa is still a worry.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe so but Crichton is a better defender than Montoya so that could help. Foran next to Hoppa is still a worry.
Easy fix dont put hoppa and foran next to each other. Put lewis with hoppa and crition outside of him.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The wing situation looks sorted with Crichton, Montoya won't outplay him at the moment.