Backline next year?

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all interested to see what everyone’s thoughts on what our backline will be at full strength next year. Ciraldo will have a good problem picking his best backline out of below especially with the form of Averillo:
Crighton
Xerri
JAC
Averillo
Alomoti
Kiraz
Perham
Skelton

George Ibrahim

Waterboy
Reaction score
Crichton full back, Fox and kiraz on the wings. Xeeri and Averillo the centres. Or have Alomoti right centre with Averillo on the bench

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hi all interested to see what everyone’s thoughts on what our backline will be at full strength next year. Ciraldo will have a good problem picking his best backline out of below especially with the form of Averillo:
Crighton
Xerri
JAC
Averillo
Alomoti
Kiraz
Perham
Skelton
1. Crighton
2. Jac
3. Avo
4.xerri
5. Kiraz
Alomonti and Skelton might be in second row next year.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crichton
JAC
Alamoti
Averillo
Kiraz

Skelton to learn backrow and be Ultimate X factor from bench
Xerri to earn his spot but will be there soon
Perham back up
Pretty much how i see it.
Though I am concerned with Alamoti's lack of pace and potential to be burned by faster backs.
I can't see how he gets much faster, and if anything probably loses speed and agility over the years following further serious injuries(most cop)...
Hope I'm wrong & wish him nothing but the best... as others have mentioned, nice to actually have competition from reasonable-to good-players developing for positions in the club

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Averillo has cemented his spot can’t argue with speed. I think we’d be lethal with Xerri on one side and Averillo on the other but you’d think this would be the backline for round 1
1. Crighton
2. Addocarr
3. Alamoti
4. Averillo
5. Kiraz

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Alamoti probably needs to drop some bulk and do intense speed training with Xerri's sprint coach ( if he isnt already) to fully test his capabilities. He lost a lot of support when Fox got injured but he is picking it up pretty well considering his experience and age.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A lot depends on how Xerri returns after the 4yrs away. If he is as explosive as he was then it won’t take him long to work his way back into the team. A lot can change, but right now I feel it’s:
1. Crichton
2. JAC
3 & 4. Shoot out between Alamoti, Avo and Xerri
5. Kiraz

Skelton to play the role we seeing from Knockonball. While I’m not a fan personally, I feel like CC and Gus see something in Knockonball and he probably takes up $150k on the Cap so I’m very confident he re-signs for a couple yrs on min wage.
Perham will play mostly NSW Cup, back up in a few positions when needed. Burns is the unknown, I’ve always rated him, not a superstar and knows how to find an injury but he’s tough and gives 100% always. If he accepts Min wage he’s another I’d keep as back up with experience.

It sure is nice to finally be back in a position that we have these head aches and we not replacing reserve graders with worse reserve graders each wk.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
everyone’s forgetting xerri is 6x as big as he was last time he played in the backline, I would just play him in the forwards, would give us awesome leg speed

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still want to see avo and fox play on the same side think they would carve up

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think some might be suffering from recency bias.
avo was great yesterday, but alamoti has been better this year, and has a higher ceiling, imo.
Avo might not even be here next year

Jippst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A lot depends on how Xerri returns after the 4yrs away. If he is as explosive as he was then it won’t take him long to work his way back into the team. A lot can change, but right now I feel it’s:
1. Crichton
2. JAC
3 & 4. Shoot out between Alamoti, Avo and Xerri
5. Kiraz

Skelton to play the role we seeing from Knockonball. While I’m not a fan personally, I feel like CC and Gus see something in Knockonball and he probably takes up $150k on the Cap so I’m very confident he re-signs for a couple yrs on min wage.
Perham will play mostly NSW Cup, back up in a few positions when needed. Burns is the unknown, I’ve always rated him, not a superstar and knows how to find an injury but he’s tough and gives 100% always. If he accepts Min wage he’s another I’d keep as back up with experience.

It sure is nice to finally be back in a position that we have these head aches and we not replacing reserve graders with worse reserve graders each wk.
I was told Burns is not part of the plans for next year

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is averillo even under contract beyond this year?