News Back to the future? Bulldogs interview Ray Dib for CEO role

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well, well, the penny is starting to drop. When Peter McMahon was reappointed to the board last year, after being a board ally of Dib for several years, I thought ok Khoury must have his reasons. I suspect that Hill's termination following his contract expiry, was simply part of the plan to leverage Dib into the CEO role. If we take this report at face value, the short list seems pretty ordinary and if Dib is appointed it may seem that the best of an ordinary bunch got the job. I voted against Dib when the Andersons took over because of the Hasler/Castle debacle, any opposition would do at that time. This report seems unlikely to us fans without any inside knowledge, but McMahons appointment makes it seem credible. Dibs appointment as CEO would seem hard to fathom by many of us but, and it's a big but, it could be a masterstroke, or it could be divisive. Maybe our posters with spies eg. @Dvoice, @ASSASSIN and any others can dig a bit and see what turns up.
I'm on it my bro, I'll update if and when I get anything.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was punted out by the members through a voting process because they didnt think he did a good job. If he gets the role, he will be back and will be involved in running the club without going through any voting process.
Imo it will be an insult to the voting members. Like saying they dont have any say on who should be involved in running the footy club.

On the bright side, if he gets the job, theyll be some old names back at TK with inside info. Lol

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn’t there an article saying that the board was looking to split the CEO role into 2: one for the football side, and one for the business side?

If so, I wouldn’t mind seeing Dib on the business side, provided that’s all he does and doesn’t get involved in the football side of things.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t there an article saying that the board was looking to split the CEO role into 2: one for the football side, and one for the business side?

If so, I wouldn’t mind seeing Dib on the business side, provided that’s all he does and doesn’t get involved in the football side of things.
Yeah Peter Parr from North Queensland was mentioned for the footy side of things.

I just have my doubts that Dib could stick to the corporate stuff. It seems kind of a strange move for Dib wanting to be CEO when he has his own finance company.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Surely not.. The guy helped run the club into the ground and create the mess that two different regimes have had to clean up and they are thinking of bringing him back? Makes no sense.. We don't need someone with his baggage and ego/power trips.

The club has done a phenomenal job of turning the corner in the last six months so you'd think they'd want as little to do with people like Dib as possible.

Lex

Waterboy
Reaction score
Interesting that the article mentions the Politis connection. Probably just a coincidence considering that the Roosters were our opponents at Belmore on Saturday, but as I was leaving the ground Politis and a couple of others parked their car and walked in. Just thought it was strange that he’d arrive at half time of an SG ball game...

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Something about Dib just doesn't pass the sniff test for me. I've got no inside information, but the fact that one of the reasons Klemmer wanted out was TPAs falling through once Dib was moved on. As the article states, we also lost quite a few sponsors since the administration changed over. Now, was it merely a coincidence/ timing (E.g. Kia signed on for 3 years - I can't recall if they broke the contract early), or was there some promises made by Dib & Castle that weren't going to be cashed in by the Anderson's and Co., which lead to sponsors not extending their commitments. Paired with a disastrous on-field product in the wake of all of the back-ended contracts/ Foran debacle, I get the feeling it's a mix of both.

At the end of the day, I don't care about how 'nice a bloke' Dib is - what I do care about is what impact he had on the club during his tenure, and wanting to rejoin the ranks after the shitstorm he left behind has cleared. If he truly does love the club as much as he claims, he should be happy to lend his expertise at arm's length, help bring in additional corporate support/ other networking connections from a different position, not CEO.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Raelene Castle is still looking for a job and she knows the club, soooo...

I'll just go and bash my head against a wall till I feel better, shall I..?
Unfortunately she has a job in NZ and her ugly mug is still plastered on TV and magazines here:

The first question that needs to be asked of Raelene Castle is why?

Why, having experienced the very worst of sports administrative life - the orchestrated public campaigns, the politics, the personal attacks, the blatant sexism, the cruel social media commentary - is she throwing herself into another high profile sporting role?

The former chief executive of Rugby Australia was this week appointed to the top sports administration job in the country, replacing Peter Miskimmin at the head of Sport NZ.

Castle admits there was a time when she didn’t think she’d be back here again, in the uncomfortable glare of public life...

1612736384438.png

Even received mail with her face in it trying to gain people for sports surveys!

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Us members have already voted this bloke out. If the club reinstates him then they will be losing a few members.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dib was axed over the Castle era but if he has something to offer he should be used in admin somewhere, good legal eagle.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ray Dib biggest mistake was hiring Castle. The club was doing really well As a club. And my sources at the time when the board overthrew him, said themselves he done a really good job running the club on the business side of things. His biggest mistake was castle and re signing Des.
But he also approved back ended contracts and huge salary for Foran Mbye woods and others.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score

The question is..... Managing the cap is that on the football side or the business side? If it’s on the business side because of the financials then he’s gonna have a say on how much we spend on recruitment and retention.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question is..... Managing the cap is that on the football side or the business side? If it’s on the business side because of the financials then he’s gonna have a say on how much we spend on recruitment and retention.
I think it was more related to commercial dealings, i.e sponsors and business side financials. The salary cap would be under the football side.

I could be wrong though, I have no experience with how the club works.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it was more related to commercial dealings, i.e sponsors and business side financials. The salary cap would be under the football side.

I could be wrong though, I have no experience with how the club works.
You’re right mate the roster and cap management would fall under the football side.