News Back to the future? Bulldogs interview Ray Dib for CEO role

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The board would be signing their death warrant if they involve Dib now.

If that’s the list of candidates they need to wait and see who else comes along rather than just filing the vacancy.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This can either go two ways positive and negative

The positive: That Dib has learned from his mistakes and brings with him a new era of financial stability which can only help us become a powerhouse again

The negative: His ego is still so large and still has an axe to grind that his appointment causes a massive division between board members, major sponsors and the coaching staff and playing group! I would like to know first how Arthur Laundy and sons feel about Dib before I pass judgement because so far Laundy has done a great job without Dib in the picture and if Dibs appointment is going to bring nothing but instability again to the major cornerstones of the groups mentioned above then I will say pass on Dib coming back in this role.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats the thing he’s actually good at that side if things but I’m not sure he could help himself and stay out of everything else.
I belive JK him put him in line and ensure that won’t happen before appointing him besides I heard a couple times that JK and Dib are good and have mutual respect for each other. The two of them can make us the powerhouse club again

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Castle and Dib are the reason why we were in hell for 3 years (and still fighting to get out of now). How can someone in their right mind risk the club's long term success like they did. I lost all of my favourite players (a couple survived) and coach who were replaced with nobodies, basically until this year. We were such a mess we were playing with <80% of a salary cap. I don't know who had more power out of Castle and Dib and who ultimately was the person to sign off on everything that happened, but unless Castle is solely at fought I don't like this at all...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I belive JK him put him in line and ensure that won’t happen before appointing him besides I heard a couple times that JK and Dib are good and have mutual respect for each other. The two of them can make us the powerhouse club again
With the baggage Dib brings they have to make us a powerhouse or it will be highly embarrassing and the board would have huge questions over it. The respect between JK and Dib might have gotten Dib the interview after he applied but I’ll be surprised if he gets the job.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
With the baggage Dib brings they have to make us a powerhouse or it will be highly embarrassing and the board would have huge questions over it. The respect between JK and Dib might have gotten Dib the interview after he applied but I’ll be surprised if he gets the job.
I agree. JK has an inclusive management style and listens to everyone. That was one thing Lynne didn’t do well and ultimately cost her. I can’t see it happening and there’s a few reasons why it shouldn’t. I wouldn’t discount Stuart Clark, he’s a smart guy.

Dunning Kruger

Waterboy
Reaction score
The Club is only just starting to recover from the mess created by this bloke, along with Des and Raelene. I can’t believe he was even interviewed.

Reactions: GDR

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Club is only just starting to recover from the mess created by this bloke, along with Des and Raelene. I can’t believe he was even interviewed.
I agree, should not be let through the gates of belmore as a spectator, little own as an applicant for the CEO role.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This can either go two ways positive and negative

The positive: That Dib has learned from his mistakes and brings with him a new era of financial stability which can only help us become a powerhouse again

The negative: His ego is still so large and still has an axe to grind that his appointment causes a massive division between board members, major sponsors and the coaching staff and playing group! I would like to know first how Arthur Laundy and sons feel about Dib before I pass judgement because so far Laundy has done a great job without Dib in the picture and if Dibs appointment is going to bring nothing but instability again to the major cornerstones of the groups mentioned above then I will say pass on Dib coming back in this role.
What has Laundy done? We’ve read stories about him chatting to Burtons parents, and he’s given us the lint in his pocket for sponsorship whilst making his feelings about the clubs direction known at every available opportunity.. and has threatened to pull sponsorship already if he didn’t get his way lol.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope this is not true,the guy was the one with raelene castle,who oversaw the disaster,that was the des hasler times,he oversaw a 2 year extension for the prick,only to sack him 12 months later,he oversaw the whole sorry debacle,that set our club back 4 years,I’m now starting to have some serious reservations,about this John khoury,

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Getting aids twice with that scum bag
I wouldn’t let that prick mange my fantasy team
You and I think alike with analogies. I was going to say this would be like dumping a girlfriend after you find out you caught several STD's off her. Then when you have recovered jumping straight back into bed with her.

Whether he has good business ties or not, he presided over the biggest avalanche in our playing roster that I've lived through.

Plenty of people might blame Hasler or Castle. But he's equally to blame. I wouldn't want him back in any capacity.