BACK TO BELMORE: BULLDOGS EYE $250M UPGRADE

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would we want to play at belmore? Is getting smacked there twice a year not enough?
Yeah your right, lets move to liverpool and loose even more of our identity and history, we get beat everwhere atm , all opposition players i knew hated coming and playing there, and very little had a positive win loss ratio. Build it and they will come

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I like your ideas and really hope something happens, but i dont think there would be a need for a game day platform. Belmore station literally is a 500m walk. they should just upgarde that station............................ultimately i cant see this happening and think we will end up at Bankwest
My suggestion was to build an eastern entrance/exit from the existing station in addition to the current western entrance/exit. Could be used during normal peak hour to split the commuter foot traffic.

Go Dogs

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My suggestion was to build an eastern entrance/exit from the existing station in addition to the current western entrance/exit. Could be used during normal peak hour to split the commuter foot traffic.

Go Dogs
That would work.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Classic “Smoke & Mirrors” feed to conceal the lack of direction& progress from the current administration.. The Club has at its disposal at the very least a former Liberal Premier Hon. J Fahey, a former Prime Minister the Hon. P J Keating & a recently retired State MP Tony Stewart (current Patron) to initiate a “sphere of influence”. Unfortunately this crew aren’t savvy enough to engage them......

Last edited:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Man as if Belmore will ever get such an upgrade. What a pipe dream.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Classic “Smoke & Mirrors” feed to conceal the lack of direction& progress from the current administration.. The Club has at its disposal at the very least a former Liberal Premier Hon. J Fahey, a former Prime Minister the Hon. P J Keating & a recently retired State MP Tony Stewart (current Patron) to initiate a “sphere of influence”. Unfortunately this crew aren’t savvy enough to engage them......
Keating and Fahey are both in their mid-70’s and have been out of the game for years. What did Stewart do after leaving politics almost 10 years ago?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Go Dogs
All stations between Sydenham and Bankstown are getting upgraded as part of the conversion to Metro by 2024 so that would be the chance to lobby for better access to BSG. Overall though I think any major investment in Belmore is highly unlikely. Liverpool I can see being in the mix given the new airport and expansion of the area as a whole but personally speaking it wouldn’t be great. ANZ without the renovation is disappointing but sounds like the Dogs have some ‘years’ left on their contract there unless they have a get-out with the renovation having been canned.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Belmore has been and still is and will continue to be a shit hole of a place to upgrade or build a new stadium!! They were going to build a new stadium at Liverpool 20 years ago before we got caught out cheating lol
Need to build a stadium with parking, transport and access to be comfortable for the fans or people just will not go!! need to move out further like Wests Tigers did, we will never lose our identity as long as the supporters stay loyal, a New 35000 seat stadium will assist and keep our identity stronger than ever moving forward.
You can always go back to the Leagues Club after we win our games if Belmore means so much to you.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd vote against any Leagues Club or Football Club that would put us in the hole for any large amount for a stadium even if it's a interest free loan from the government. There's just no return on investment in doing it.

No one in Australia builds their own stadiums and the only club that has owns their ground has been the Sharks who have been a financial train wreck for their entire existence.

Just because the Leagues Club can afford it doesn't make it a good investment.
I spoke with a former senior executive at the leagues club last year about belmore games and how it benefits trade, he told me it's actually a disaster in terms of trade as most people park at the club go to the game and don't spend a cent but the club has to put on extra security inside the club and in the Carpark to accommodate all the extra foot traffic, it results in extra wages but more importantly it takes up all the parking that would normally be utilised by people who do spend money at the club who normally head elsewhere when they see the car park full sign. He said they lose about $50-$100k (compared to normal profit numbers) when dogs play at belmore

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I spoke with a former senior executive at the leagues club last year about belmore games and how it benefits trade, he told me it's actually a disaster in terms of trade as most people park at the club go to the game and don't spend a cent but the club has to put on extra security inside the club and in the Carpark to accommodate all the extra foot traffic, it results in extra wages but more importantly it takes up all the parking that would normally be utilised by people who do spend money at the club who normally head elsewhere when they see the car park full sign. He said they lose about $50-$100k (compared to normal profit numbers) when dogs play at belmore
I have heard that from someone in the club too. They hate Belmore games as the money they lose from gambling isn’t off set from the football crowd spending in the club.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keating and Fahey are both in their mid-70’s and have been out of the game for years. What did Stewart do after leaving politics almost 10 years ago?
Nick Politis is in his late 70s, what’s your point????

silva

Utility
Reaction score
A new stadium would see huge increase in crowds especially if we are playing well. Plenty of dogs fans a 30k stadium sh have no problem getting sold out if we are winning games. Could also get the wanderers to play some games there. But its highly unlikely

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Nick Politis is in his late 70s, what’s your point????
Politis isn’t retired and actively involved in rugby league too.

Why would Keating be interested just because his former seat was Bankstown? He’s cozy in his Potts Point pad.

Fahey had lung cancer and lives a quiet life - why would he be interested?

Hence my question - what’s Stewart done in the 10 years since leaving politics and is there relevance - I don’t know - but as usual you simply slung mud at club management pointing out ‘incompetence’ where there’s likely no relevance.

So THAT’s my point.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Back to a real home ground advantage at a new Belmore would be a dream. That would be something to celebrate. Bring it on.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Politis isn’t retired and actively involved in rugby league too.

Why would Keating be interested just because his former seat was Bankstown? He’s cozy in his Potts Point pad.

Fahey had lung cancer and lives a quiet life - why would he be interested?

Hence my question - what’s Stewart done in the last 10 years since leaving politics and is there relevance - I don’t know - but as usual you just used the post to sling mud at club management when there’s likely no relevance.

So THAT’s my point.
I really don’t understand why you attack my posts?????? Have you as the attorney of the current administration asked either or all 3
Dear Dinkum Dog Public Defender of the Reform Ticket.
While your blind loyalty & defence of the under performing administration is admirable, by the same token, it lacks credibility. They haven’t progressed the organisation during their tenure.
As you know, all 3 at one time were Patrons of the Club.
My point with these politicians was merely just an example of Bulldogs people in Public Life that could improve the Club’s public and corporate profile. Other examples of Bulldogs Supporters who are public figures M Waugh, J Magnussen, Bill Woods & James Warburton to name a few....
Anyway that’s my point, so on both counts of age and post political career your argument, like the current administration “does not hold water”
To quote a wise poster....
Let’s agree to disagree......,,not!