News Bachelorette to Belmore: High-profile pub barons pour millions into Bulldogs

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great news Mad Mondays venue is sorted..
It was their venue back in the day for Mad Mondays.. Ask Baa and he will probably deny lmao.
Them were the days when we had the family bond and trust within.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's amazing the type of negative personalities around here after all the positive news this week.

Maybe some of these negative individuals have some underlying mental issues, which explains their behaviour or maybe these individuals are straight out fuckwits
Oh well it was good while it lasted.

A shame the troublemakers have to have a dig at fellow supporters with such a promising time for our club, with renewed hope we can once again be a force.

I will put up my best advice to all....DON'T REPLY. THEY JUST THRIVE ON STIRRING UP TROUBLE SO IGNORE THE POSTS.

What a shame the comraderie of this hoped for rebirth has been hijacked yet again.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The threat worked wonders one would think
How long has the "threat"of an alternative Board been around?....certainly since before this years election but no one stood up...it's certainly several months and well before these signings were completed.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very selective quote there my friend you have highlighted

Stick to point, you and natboy flexing muscles today as if egm or threat of it was non existent,which is utter garbage so spare us the bravado
Serious question Teddy: You’ve continually downplayed the pandemic as ‘an excuse’ for not having a sponsor but do you seriously believe that deals like this get negotiated overnight? Further - despite the Laundy’s obvious success and wealth - do you think they haven’t been adversely affected by having their pubs closed for 2 months? Unprecedented. So perhaps they too started some new post-pandemic thinking in terms of how a partnership could be mutually beneficial moving forward? Despite your scorn towards Andrew Hill and co, he made it clear it would be easy to accept any old sponsorship but that they were not prepared to undersell or devalue it. The search for that partner became even harder with the pandemic until - BOOM - you find a partner who might indeed be facing some similar issues the club was. Oh, but Harvey Norman is up 20% so it’s business as usual right? How about credit where credit is due and have something positive to say for once. I believe in you, you can do it! :-).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The threat worked wonders one would think
Well we are just guessing.

There has been a lot of goss and the media saying this and that and there's been members on here in the know confirming that there's been different factions.

The Anderson Board wouldnt be human if they hadnt felt that pressure within from these other so called powerbrokers.

We just dont know if that made them pull their finger out and get, or finalise signings.

The 9 point plan and critisism on NRL360 would have galvanised them too I suspect. That exposed them a bit to some accountability.

All we know is its happened. We now have a Board that has achieved the first concrete steps towards improvement.

I'm celebrating and no one's gonna dampen that for me no matter their opinion.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Luck I carnt open it on the phone app.
Everyone is happy about what is going on, yet you and natboy wanted to joke about the egm today as if nothing was happening in the background pre all the announcements which is absolute hogwash
No mate. I never said there was nothing happening. Anyone within a bees dick of the club knows there was agitation. I said the talk of an EGM was overstated. Yet some who claim an EGM was imminent now seem to want to claim (speaking of hogwash) that it was that threat that has suddenly caused a sponsor to pop out? Turn it up. The club have been engaging with several parties ever since Rashays fell through and before Rashays ever since KIA downgraded. Oh but it was the EGM threat that got them moving wasn’t it :-).

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Stick to point, you and natboy flexing muscles today as if egm or threat of it was non existent,which is utter garbage so spare us the bravado
Classic Teddy. With that sort of sidestep you should’ve donned the jersey - Rocket would’ve been very proud of you! :-)
2D6F7571-0DF8-4569-BBB3-FB9103A735B2.jpeg

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are people still beefing when we finally have something to be positive and optimistic about after two plus years?
bcoz #eggonfaces parade cant keep it in their pants. keeps hitting the refresh button hunting for some good news board stories then come on here full of estrogen to say how good his extended family on the board are doing

God help us when they allow open training sessions again.....

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely it was the EGM threat that got those dinosaurs moving.
No mate. I never said there was nothing happening. Anyone within a bees dick of the club knows there was agitation. I said the talk of an EGM was overstated. Yet some who claim an EGM was imminent now seem to want to claim (speaking of hogwash) that it was that threat that has suddenly caused a sponsor to pop out? The club have been engaging with several parties ever since Rashays fell through and before Rashays ever since KIA downgraded. Oh but it was the EGM threat that got them moving wasn’t it :-).

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
It probably won't matter too much this season but for ANZ games don't go to The Brewery before games head to the The Locker Room https://thelockerroom.com.au. It looks a thousand times better then The Brewery anyway.

Here's a full list of their hotels so everyone can support them.

Albion Park Hotel
Bells Hotel - Woolloomooloo
Chittaway Bay Tavern
Crossways Hotel - Strathfield South
Farmers Home Hotel - Wagga Wagga
Golden Fleece Hotel - Liverpool
Heritage Hotel - Wilberforce
Horse and Jockey Hotel - Homebush
Long Jetty Hotel
Northlakes Tavern
The Marsden Brewhouse - Marsden Park
Off Broadway Hotel - Ultimo
Panania Hotel
Plumpton Hotel
Quarrymans Hotel - Pyrmont
Red Lion Hotel - Rozelle
The Settlers Tavern - West Gosford
South Dubbo Tavern
Swansea Hotel
Tea Gardens Hotel
The Bank - East Maitland
The Oaks Hotel
The Oxford Hotel - Drummoyne
Twin Willows Hotel - Bass Hill
Woolwich Pier Hotel
Woolloomooloo Bay Hotel
I got drunk a few times at the Tea Gardens Hotel. Even got a sympathy root off one of the barmaids lol.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I got drunk a few times at the Tea Gardens Hotel. Even got a sympathy root off one of the barmaids lol.
Classic. I noted the Tea Gardens Hotel too when I was looking at their list of pubs. Haven’t been there for decades but spent plenty of time there as a kid, including fishing off the beach at Hawks Nest. Should get back there at some point...

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Classic. I noted the Tea Gardens Hotel too when I was looking at their list of pubs. Haven’t been there for decades but spent plenty of time there as a kid, including fishing off the beach at Hawks Nest. Should get back there at some point...
Been done up a bit recently. Good little pub on the river

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kennel meet up when? I wish to hear Nasheed here announce him self before every sentence over a beer.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How long has the "threat"of an alternative Board been around?....certainly since before this years election but no one stood up...it's certainly several months and well before these signings were completed.
That “threat” is around between every election. That’s what elections are hahaha

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

How did you know? I was actually at the gym when I typed that before :grinning:.
I’m not denying it was planned by a few but 500 signatures etc? Come on mate, it was all a wank. The board were looking for a sponsor ie Rashays and players ie Thompson long before this EGM, rival ticket talk had any real legs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hopefully not that really skinny brunette with the bad teeth mate? haha