News Bachelorette to Belmore: High-profile pub barons pour millions into Bulldogs

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
THERES DEFINITELY INFIGHTING. Insider knows all.

Its super complex but imma break it down to rough simplicity.

Two major factions. The board and Hill vs the Leagues club and coorey.

Board has a measured and thought out approach and do their groundwork, plan etc.

The Coorey and the Leagues Club are go getters and think Boar are too slow and procrastinate , whereas the club are go getters.

So the leagues club has been approaching stars to get signings done. Mitchell=LC. Bellamy=LC. Ponga=LC.Granville=LC. Wayde rushton was going to help too. Theres others but theres a reason why these stars were linked with us then de linked.

The board however feel that LC are acting out of school and have no place head hunting all these megastars, nor do they know the finer details of the salary cap etc and just scuttle all the approaches straight away. Probably out of spite mainly but also theres a chance these stars arent in their strategy.

This has led to the tensions.

One major fallout has been we have got player managers offside as deals have been made and then vetoed.

This is the ultimate and true reason we lost Bateman. The media never got wind when this died in the water early as Nasheed told you all.
Stopped reading at Granville. These clowns should be following the board right out the door.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Stopped reading at Granville. These clowns should be following the board right out the door.
Just want to clarify was your Granville dig at me or the board? Because last year it was 100% true that there was a Granville move. Granville wanted more than we would pitch up though (even if board agreed).

BULLDOG 4 LIFE

Waterboy
Reaction score
If the club is looking to develop into a highly professional organisation I’d be looking to have Arthur Laundy on the board.

As much as I hate the Roosters, I admire the professionalism of their board.
Great point . I would have his sons involved as well.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wonder how that Rebel ticket is going now?
Exactly. It was never going to go anywhere. I love how people think the threat of a EGM suddenly made the board get signings and a sponsor when they had been trying to get them for months haha

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You’d have to think one of them would look nice on the board? Assuming that’s kosher...
If they’re thinking the way I think (and hope) they are, this would likely be a good move at the right time (not immediately). Would have to check the clubs constitution to see if a Director can be appointed or must stand for election regardless.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they’re thinking the way I think (and hope) they are, this would likely be a good move at the right time (not immediately). Would have to check the clubs constitution to see if a Director can be appointed or must stand for election regardless.
They can just be appointed by the board like Joe Thomas and Peter Mortimer were. It’s probably a while before something like that happens if it does at all. I’m just happy about the sponsorship it’s a great get and has plenty of potential.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
They can just be appointed by the board like Joe Thomas and Peter Mortimer were. It’s probably a while before something like that happens if it does at all. I’m just happy about the sponsorship it’s a great get and has plenty of potential.
In the case of a director resignation, yes, definitely, my post wasn’t clear in terms of how an appointment might be made in the absence of a resignation. I was thinking more along the lines of what happens come election time. But I agree it’s too early for this and the sponsorship is the short term win. I just hope the thinking is beyond this but have faith it is based on things the club have said at forums and the obvious success and smarts of the Laundy’s.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your joking ...right?
Exactly. It was never going to go anywhere. I love how people think the threat of a EGM suddenly made the board get signings and a sponsor when they had been trying to get them for months haha

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the case of a director resignation, yes, definitely, my post wasn’t clear in terms of how an appointment might be made in the absence of a resignation. I was thinking more along the lines of what happens come election time. But I agree it’s too early for this and the sponsorship is the short term win. I just hope the thinking is beyond this but have faith it is based on things the club have said at forums and the obvious success and smarts of the Laundy’s.
Yeah I’m not sure guess they will have to cross that bridge when it comes. If one of them wants to get on the board I’m sure they’ll be able to sort something out. We might end up thanking CHN and Okonbur one day if it wasn’t for them we would have been stuck with Rashays and this wouldn’t have happened!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great, another waterhole, more booze for the boys
I'm surprised that the story wasn't one of the bad Bulldogs and alcoholism bringing down the image of a great game. Looks like Arthur has friends in high places.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not sure guess they will have to cross that bridge when it comes. If one of them wants to get on the board I’m sure they’ll be able to sort something out. We might end up thanking CHN and Okonbur one day if it wasn’t for them we would have been stuck with Rashays and this wouldn’t have happened!
Ha ha, yeah.
‘Thank’ might be a slightly long bow but whoever thought that particular cloud could have such a silver lining :-).

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is excellent news. Time to give back to these blokes and have a few beers at their venues.

Got to say they are good at what they do. Mona pub is a great venue, good food, music but shit return on the pokes!
The machines are all calibrated to give the same rate of return. It depends on timing, and how long you stay at the same machine. They usually pay out small wins early, to get you in, then slow the rate of return to keep you trying for that big win.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I get 50% off meals at ALH Pubs, so if Laundy Hotels can do something similar for Bulldogs members I will change to their venues.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I've heard that as well. Leagues club vs the Football club. Exactly the way you described it in a nutshell.
But that’s nothing new, it’s always been the case, it only depends on how public it gets with media leaks.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nobody on this forum knew about the Barrett deal or the Laundy deal prior to either being announced.

There was immense pressure internally and externerly on the club and the board. The press we were getting was disgraceful.

Whether this was the Grand plan all along or a plan born out of necsascity, who cares?

The result is excellent and it's one we should all enjoy without false gloating. I am looking forward to people hating our clubs success once again.