News Bachelorette to Belmore: High-profile pub barons pour millions into Bulldogs

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Another positive from this week is all that EGM rubbish is dead and buried now.
It’s amazing how a few “good news stories” can turn the tide, even the media have been writing some positive stuff.

Media = bipolar

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news backed by a leagues club and now a hotel mogul.
Brown paper bags, guess the leagues club could buy a venue or 2 from the laundys at * fair value* right ....................

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
These guys need to launch an app so when you are looking for a pub, it directs you to their one.

I don’t even know how to count to 60 let alone locate where all these places are.

Anyways welcome aboard Laundys. And hope this association is a long and prosperous one for both parties.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe they buy a venue within the club?
Great news backed by a leagues club and now a hotel mogul.
Brown paper bags, guess the leagues club could buy a venue or 2 from the laundys at * fair value* right ....................

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Totally agree,
The media don’t do us any favours at all.
It is definitely a massive step in the right direction,we will rise to once again be a force to be reckoned with.
Agree. I don’t see this as being about booze. It’s about an opportunity to grow into one of few premier sporting and community clubs with a partner that already has significant presence and is well funded as Western Sydney also grows with a new airport, new jobs and many more residents. This has the potential to be way beyond just a name on the jersey of a footy club. We were thinking this way 20 years ago with Oasis but it was before its time and was screwed up into what became the 2002 cap scandal. We can do it and do it better this time around...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The laundys could get fifitas mum to run a venue at a fair salary of say 500k per year....

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wonder how that Rebel ticket is going now?
No need for them atm. Maybe the "threat" and movement at the station over these past few months has got the incumbents organised and motivated to act on their 9 point plan.

I'm just happy we appear to be back in the game and a relevant player atm. Success and respect for our club will take a bit longer but good signs.

Just now ordered a Coaches Media Polo off the club website :grinning:

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to be negative but the Laundys are successful in pokies...i know 2 of them via business dealings & they are ruthless so may be good for the club right now...BUT, this may be a great way for them to get into our clubwith all those pokies...look, I'm happy to have a sponsor to assist the club but i am sceptical...let's hope all goes well
Could be one of the most significant things to happen to the club in a very long time

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I dunno mate, too much smoke here for it not to be true. Infighting is there but probably not as bad as its made out to be imo.
Nasheed here,
THERES DEFINITELY INFIGHTING. Insider knows all.

Its super complex but imma break it down to rough simplicity.

Two major factions. The board and Hill vs the Leagues club and coorey.

Board has a measured and thought out approach and do their groundwork, plan etc.

The Coorey and the Leagues Club are go getters and think Boar are too slow and procrastinate , whereas the club are go getters.

So the leagues club has been approaching stars to get signings done. Mitchell=LC. Bellamy=LC. Ponga=LC.Granville=LC. Wayde rushton was going to help too. Theres others but theres a reason why these stars were linked with us then de linked.

The board however feel that LC are acting out of school and have no place head hunting all these megastars, nor do they know the finer details of the salary cap etc and just scuttle all the approaches straight away. Probably out of spite mainly but also theres a chance these stars arent in their strategy.

This has led to the tensions.

One major fallout has been we have got player managers offside as deals have been made and then vetoed.

This is the ultimate and true reason we lost Bateman. The media never got wind when this died in the water early as Nasheed told you all.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've heard that as well. Leagues club vs the Football club. Exactly the way you described it in a nutshell.
Nasheed here,
THERES DEFINITELY INFIGHTING. Insider knows all.

Its super complex but imma break it down to rough simplicity.

Two major factions. The board and Hill vs the Leagues club and coorey.

Board has a measured and thought out approach and do their groundwork, plan etc.

The Coorey and the Leagues Club are go getters and think Boar are too slow and procrastinate , whereas the club are go getters.

So the leagues club has been approaching stars to get signings done. Mitchell=LC. Bellamy=LC. Ponga=LC.Granville=LC. Wayde rushton was going to help too. Theres others but theres a reason why these stars were linked with us then de linked.

The board however feel that LC are acting out of school and have no place head hunting all these megastars, nor do they know the finer details of the salary cap etc and just scuttle all the approaches straight away. Probably out of spite mainly but also theres a chance these stars arent in their strategy.

This has led to the tensions.

One major fallout has been we have got player managers offside as deals have been made and then vetoed.

This is the ultimate and true reason we lost Bateman. The media never got wind when this died in the water early as Nasheed told you all.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. I don’t see this as being about booze. It’s about an opportunity to grow into one of few premier sporting and community clubs with a partner that already has significant presence and is well funded as Western Sydney also grows with a new airport, new jobs and many more residents. This has the potential to be way beyond just a name on the jersey of a footy club. We were thinking this way 20 years ago with Oasis but it was before its time and was screwed up into what became the 2002 cap scandal. We can do it and do it better this time around...
I’m with you mate there feels like a real momentum swing in the right direction recently.
The last thing I associate with regarding our new sponsor is alcohol instead a well established business which started in our heartland from ground up.
The family must be very passionate about our club and confident enough to put up money to see us become a real force again.
I encourage anyone who has the opportunity to visit one of their establishments to do so and show our support in return.
This should also ease some pressure of our leagues club financially speaking.

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If the club is looking to develop into a highly professional organisation I’d be looking to have Arthur Laundy on the board.

As much as I hate the Roosters, I admire the professionalism of their board.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Imagine throwing Rothfield, Hooper, Kent, Massoud, Adams, Riccio, Webster, Bulldog Ritchie and that fuckwith from SMH with the red bandana in an enclosed pen....it would be a bigger attraction than the Henry Doorly Zoo
A pen?
Id go a wood chipper.

Holbi49

Waterboy
Reaction score
So they like the way the Roosters roll, that's excellent news for us as we now wont have to worry about the silly salary cap.
If they admire Politis and want to copy how the Rorters are going I hope they have an endless supply of brown paper bags.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
St Patrick’s Old Boys.....
Luceat Lux Vestra

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but more importantly and for those that don’t know, Craig Laundy was a local member for Reid and former Liberal front bencher. Connections are a good thing.