B-Moz 200th took him long enough: J-Moz

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is nothing like a bit of sibling banter to kick off a week of celebrations in the Morris family with Bulldogs winger Brett set to notch up his 200th NRL Telstra Premiership game against Manly on Saturday night.

Injury has cruelled the former Australian winger in recent seasons for his new club with complications from knee surgery restricting the 30-year-old to only 11 games in 2016.

It was exactly a year ago that twin brother Josh reached the same milestone in Round 4, despite making his first grade debut a season after his twin more than a decade ago for St George Illawarra.

The brotherly love and sibling rivalry has remained throughout their combined 422 games either alongside or against each other and stretched from club level through to international duties.

"It's good [Brett and I] have done that since and are back together here. It'll be good to finish our careers at the same club," Josh told NRL.com last year ahead of his 200th game.

"I had a good pre-season [in 2007] and I think Brett was injured at the time so I ended up going ahead of him to get my call-up. It was a good feeling. It's been good being able to compete against each other ever since I guess."

Now 12 months on and a beaming Josh fronted the media with a quick response when asked about Brett's upcoming achievement.

"It's taken him a while," Josh grinned on Tuesday.

"He debuted a year before me so I'm just happy to see him get there.

"I know I'm ahead of him [in games] but he's got me covered there [in tries] by a long way.

"Hopefully he can get another double and we can get the win for him."

The pair will line up alongside each other for the first time in a milestone game and if history decides to repeat itself - each won their 50th game in the Telstra Premiership, but lost both their century and 150th milestone fixtures, while Josh starred in his 200th appearance as the Bulldogs thrashed South Sydney 42-10 on Good Friday last season.

Their opposition the Sea Eagles are coming off a much-needed win after a week of scrutiny from the media, with skipper Daly Cherry-Evans guiding the side to a boilover against the Cowboys in Townsville.

"They've probably been under the same amount of pressure as us in needing to get a win," Morris said.

"He's [Cherry-Evans] still a great halfback with a great kicking game and when he runs the football he's just as dangerous.

"It is a key clash and having that win will make them confident.

"It is a tough place to go up to North Queensland and win with the conditions and they [Cowboys] are a classy side."

Morris admitted the mood around Belmore had changed after their impressive win over the Warriors in Dunedin and said the side's attack was beginning to click into gear.

"It's [the win] lightened the mood around the joint and it's good to kick start our season," Morris said.

"We've changed up the attack a little bit and that's allowed us to get more involved.

"The backs have been getting in and helping early in the sets and the forwards have been rolling their sleeves up as well so it's been a real team effort.

"It's coming along nicely but not where we want it to be, but it will get better as the season goes on definitely.

"Manly did the same thing up in North Queensland so it's important that we get back-to-back wins and they're looking for the same as well."

The Bulldogs are set to retain NRL debutants Brad Abbey and Marcelo Montoya for the clash with the Sea Eagles after impressive performances at the weekend.

"I thought they [Abbey and Montoya] were really good and going over playing in New Zealand against a big Warriors pack," Morris said.

"It's a great moment to get your debut… they were both very nervous but I thought they both handled themselves really well.

"They'll only get better with each game they play so it's exciting times ahead for both of them."

https://www.nrl.com/b-moz-200th-took-him-long-enough-j-moz/tabid/10874/newsid/104876/default.aspx

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to Borris, hope he kills it on the weekend best of luck champion.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
But Brett has a premiership ring soooo yeah Josh you cant rile him up to much lol.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put your money on the Rooters to flog souths by plenty

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Put your money on the Rooters to flog souths by plenty
I intend to ...

System 3,4 - 4 legs
Flexi - $100

Bulldogs -1.5 @ $1.90
Roosters -8.5 (vs Souths) @ $2.00
N.Qld -3.5 (vs Gold Coast) @ $1.90
Storm -6.5 (vs Tigers) @ $1.90

- Get 4 correct = 8x times your money. (Approx $800)
- Get 3/4 right = Make 30% ROI. (Approx $135)
- Get 2 or more wrong = Lose your money.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I intend to ...

System 3,4 - 4 legs
Flexi - $100

Bulldogs -1.5 @ $1.90
Roosters -8.5 (vs Souths) @ $2.00
N.Qld -3.5 (vs Gold Coast) @ $1.90
Storm -6.5 (vs Tigers) @ $1.90

- Get 4 correct = 8x times your money. (Approx $800)
- Get 3/4 right = Make 30% ROI. (Approx $135)
- Get 2 or more wrong = Lose your money.
Not bad, but i would get rid of the dogs game and throw in Parra

Status
Not open for further replies.