Away Strip

KRDG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hey kennel residents, I am wondering why we were wearing our away strip for our Home game yesterday? Is any “home” game not at Belmore or Homebush as far as the club is concerned classified as an away game? Not a vitally important question as we got the W, just wondering if anyone knows why.

As an aside, I hope they bring back the heritage strip for at least 1 game this year.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The away strip is awesome. Wouldn’t care if they wore it every game.

I believe that the NRL tell clubs which strip they are to wear for each game.
My favourite looking Jersey is my 2015 (80 years) away strip. Best looking Jersey we have had to date imo. And it doesnt show dirt like the white ones.

My most nostalgic jersey is my 1995 home jersey, however it doesnt fare too well with the stains and worn out Hyundai logo that says Hunda.

I have a heritage jersey from about 2005 but i dont wear it much, its from before i realised with new jerseys you have to buy 2-3 sizes higher to avoid them being skin tight, which i dont like. So its a very tight fit since i am larger than then now too. So its in the best condition, worn about 3 times.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The away jersey has been a curse until yesterday, broke the hex.
Prefer it.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favourite looking Jersey is my 2015 (80 years) away strip. Best looking Jersey we have had to date imo. And it doesnt show dirt like the white ones.

My most nostalgic jersey is my 1995 home jersey, however it doesnt fare too well with the stains and worn out Hyundai logo that says Hunda.

I have a heritage jersey from about 2005 but i dont wear it much, its from before i realised with new jerseys you have to buy 2-3 sizes higher to avoid them being skin tight, which i dont like. So its a very tight fit since i am larger than then now too. So its in the best condition, worn about 3 times.
Yeah .. i love the Hyundai jersey.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Souths, collingwood, st george respect there heritage

White with blue V should be worn always

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

What are you on about, those teams you mentioned have an alternative jersey as well. We respect our heritage just as much as any club and wear our home traditional jersey most times.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

souths have about 810 different iterations. green, red, white. green, red, black. indigineous one that is mostly black with different colours all over it, marvel one thats got superman logo on it, anzac one that is blue etc etc.. the dragons away strip is all red without V at all

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
What are you on about, those teams you mentioned have an alternative jersey as well. We respect our heritage just as much as any club and wear our home traditional jersey most times.
Souths and Collingwood dont have away strips

Collingwood won't let port Adelaide wear there Prison bars jersey

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Just imagine
Liverpool, Manure,barcelona, real, Juve etc wearing a clown suit infront of there home fans

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Souths and Collingwood dont have away strips

Collingwood won't let port Adelaide wear there Prison bars jersey
Well you did mention the dragons and they do have an alternative jersey.
Souths have had plenty of different jersey's in the past, they never stuck to their red and green stripes, at one stage they had one red strip along the front and that's it. Now they have the white version and black version. I don't care about AFL, shit game.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the home jersey should be the traditional look regardless of the club but I don't have an issue with away jerseys in general and away jerseys being more unconventional in look (eg. our all blue with a black chevron CCC away jersey from 6-7 years ago was awesome)