Avo

Master Coach

Waterboy
Reaction score
I would like to hear everyones thoughts on where Avo will be playing this year and next year.

Personally I would love to see him at FB, however I dont think this will happen as most of his jnrs have been at 5/8 and centre.

My concern is if Burton joins this year the only potential spot is FB (very doubtful considering Allans signing)

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if this thread isn't a duplicate of another one that already exists.

Aside from that the topic has probably been covered in depth in one of the many threads about people's expected top 17.

Unless Trent Barrett and the selection committee are posting in here it's all very much speculation based on your personal opinion.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im doing it anyway!

2021 - Bench / 5/8
2022 - FB
If we get Burton for 21, I'd play him FB in the CC, and let him develop as FB there, in 2022 who knows Allan could replace Hoppa or DWZ, and Avo could become the Rockstar FB we've been dreaming about, or if Burton is as good as some say he could slot in some other position and AVO to his favoured 5/8.
I don't think AVO would become a really great player in any position other than 5/8 or FB.
I'm not convinced that we will be able to buy to many more Supper Stars either, aka Staggs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not sure. I assume the long-term goal is fullback and then centre. This year he could play in a number of positions across both NRL/ISP...bench/halves/centre all look possible @ NRL level while fullback/halves/centre are possibilities in ISP.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
if no burton then he will start at 6, if Burton comes then he will play centre.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would have him as a utility bench player if Burton arrives. If not, 5/8 along flanno or FB in NSW cup.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we get Burton for 21, I'd play him FB in the CC, and let him develop as FB there, in 2022 who knows Allan could replace Hoppa or DWZ, and Avo could become the Rockstar FB we've been dreaming about, or if Burton is as good as some say he could slot in some other position and AVO to his favoured 5/8.
I don't think AVO would become a really great player in any position other than 5/8 or FB.
I'm not convinced that we will be able to buy to many more Supper Stars either, aka Staggs
I thought about it and even though it would be good to get an apprenticeship at FB in ISP he really is too good for ISP and will develop just as well playing in the NRL regardless of spot. Throw him in the 17 I reckon.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
14 if Burto arrives in 21

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All depends on if we get burton. If we don’t I think five eight. If not I’m not sure but he has to be in the 17

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
And put on cotric on the wing or replace hoppa?
it will be interesting wont it , cotric will play centre, hoppa has to be there somewhere also. Maybe he plays 14, good headache to have

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
it will be interesting wont it , cotric will play centre, hoppa has to be there somewhere also. Maybe he plays 14, good headache to have
Are you sure Cotric will play centre?