Avo at 1?

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
avo looks good on he's feet and he's passing game is swift and accurate... but he does fuck all in attack!!!! its time to stop dreaming on maybes....we need natural
game breakers

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
if Burton can open up averillos game we can ditch Flanagan,lewis and Wakeham.... maybe buy gamble.then have 3 solid backups .

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The thing I don't understand is everyone seems happy with Avos performance at halfback yesterday but let's break it down for what it is.
Raiders has Wighton binned. We BARELY attacked that side. Yes we scored but common sense would say attack that channel and target the players out of position.
Papa gets sent off. Those are probably the Raiders two best players off the field. At one point they were down to 11. And we lost. It's as simple as that not only did we lose we gave up a lead and had tries scored against us. Now it isn't all averillo fault, I'm not saying that but the game management was piss poor. If it was Flanagan my god it would be a 300 page thread. My OP was IMO Flanagan has played halfback all his life, junior rep levels but he's always had a dominant 6 with him. Avo isn't that, Burton is. Hence why I think the combo will be flanno and Burton next year. Avo will be in no man's land if they don't at least try him at 1 in a hand full of games this year

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Allen
2. JAC
3. Cotric
4. Naden
5. DWZ
6. Burton
7. Averillo
8. Thompson
9. ??
10. ??
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Atoni

14. Topine
15. Ogden
16. Waddell
17. Hetherington

Sign a hooker and a prop and I think thats the best we can do for 2022.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest when I see Cotric at centre it reminds me of the time hasler moved inu from the wing to centre. Cotric to wing.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign Shaun Johnson.

1. Jac
6. Burton
7. Johnson
9. Smith/Kenny

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We should go after Cade Cust for halfback and Beau Fermor for backrow. Both cheap options who I believe have good potential.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We should go after Cade Cust for halfback and Beau Fermor for backrow. Both cheap options who I believe have good potential.
Why would we buy Cust and play him at halfback ahead of Burton LOL. Burton wants to play halfback and with Baz ripping off the Panthers system then it think is an absolute no brainer to have Burton in the 7 playing the Cleary role.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
1. Allen
2. JAC
3. Cotric
4. Naden
5. DWZ
6. Burton
7. Averillo
8. Thompson
9. ??
10. ??
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Atoni

14. Topine
15. Ogden
16. Waddell
17. Hetherington

Sign a hooker and a prop and I think thats the best we can do for 2022.
Allen at fullback is questionable his been terrible.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why would we buy Cust and play him at halfback ahead of Burton LOL. Burton wants to play halfback and with Baz ripping off the Panthers system then it think is an absolute no brainer to have Burton in the 7 playing the Cleary role.
Who gives a shit about the numbers. Burton and Cust in the halves was the point I was trying to make. I don't give a shit which one of them is the halback and which is the five-eigth.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who gives a shit about the numbers. Burton and Cust in the halves was the point I was trying to make. I don't give a shit which one of them is the halback and which is the five-eigth.
who gives a shit? Our coach clearly does because the two roles are different for us.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets just call it for what it is. We haven’t had an nrl standard fullback for nearly 10 years. Avo looks scared of contact so I don’t think he is suitable there or in any position in first grade. His 1 on 1 defence is garbage. Lets just focus on someone else there.
Why not throw some money at Dufty The ST George Fullback?, I believe he is off contract this year, he is a good positional player and his speed will compliment JAC and Naden & Meaney & keep playing Averillo in the halves with Burton. I think Averillo is improving every week and gaining confidence, and unless Flannigen starts showing vast improvement when he gets back to FG then I would leave Averillo to Partner Burton and I don't really care what happens to Flannagen. I know It sounds Harsh but we have to get out of this Rut which is destroying our club.