Averillo

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From my understanding Averilo was never dropped. He was taken from the field for a HIA, and subsequently missed a week.
Then he was drinking at that western Sydney hotel where they had a covid outbreak, and he has been isolated since.
My read is that he was named in the 21 last week just in case they were able to lay him, but it turned out that they couldn't.
IMO there's no other reason that they would not play him. I just think there was no choice in the matter.
Well your wrong....

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He passed HIA protocols but was "rested" despite wanting to play. It wasn't him that went out, it was his parents. He moved out from home and was cleared to play this week but the club said he missed too many sessions.
Well there you have it then. I dont think its some mysterious plot to not play him, its just the due recess.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh really? I suppose you must know better. This has been reported in the media, or more accurately as @Beastmode suggested, it was his parents that went to this pub and forced his isolation. Tell me how im wrong?
He was cleared to play this early last week. Coach chose not to play him.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He was cleared to play this early last week. Coach chose not to play him.
Maybe, but he hasn't been able to train with the team, and it's not like he's an experienced veteran who can slot in easily.

Go Dogs

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe, but he hasn't been able to train with the team, and it's not like he's an experienced veteran who can slot in easily.

Go Dogs
a full week at training, he has to be picked this week. Newcastle a very good team and we will need to be alot better than on the weekend.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we can manage to sign Burton for next year I wouldn't mind seeing burton/avocado as our halves with meaney at fb.

Didn't avo say that 5/8 is his preferred position?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From my understanding Averilo was never dropped. He was taken from the field for a HIA, and subsequently missed a week.
Then he was drinking at that western Sydney hotel where they had a covid outbreak, and he has been isolated since.
My read is that he was named in the 21 last week just in case they were able to lay him, but it turned out that they couldn't.
IMO there's no other reason that they would not play him. I just think there was no choice in the matter.
Lel too much misinfo
His parents were at cross roads not him
He was in contact with the parents post their meal there. He was then cleared to return to training
What's happened since is anyone's guess

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lel too much misinfo
His parents were at cross roads not him
He was in contact with the parents post their meal there. He was then cleared to return to training
What's happened since is anyone's guess
Same same. He was potentially at risk and needed to be isolated. Im sure it was precautionary that he didn't play, not because Georgalis didn't want to ick him.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same same. He was potentially at risk and needed to be isolated. Im sure it was precautionary that he didn't play, not because Georgalis didn't want to ick him.
Mm nah it's significantly different but anyway
If he were drinking at crossroads hed still be under 14day nsw health isolation directive

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course is different. But the outcomes that same. Hence same same.
Outcome is the same at the moment being he hasnt played but that doesn't take away from the fact your original comment is inaccurate and filled with false assumptions. Thats what i was referring to as misinformation

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’d love to see him at five-eighth this week if that is his genuine position. Problem is, you would need Foran to take on all/vast majority of the playmaking duties so Avo could play his natural game.

For whatever reason, Foran seems to be taking more of backseat role, leaving his halves partner to do the majority of the kicking/organising and injecting himself when needed. Not sure if that’s by design because of his injuries but if that’s the scenario maybe Avo is better off coming off the bench for the last 15 or so mins of each half in the short term.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Outcome is the same at the moment being he hasnt played but that doesn't take away from the fact your original comment is inaccurate and filled with false assumptions. Thats what i was referring to as misinformation
And here we re 3 fucking posts later. @BEAST MODE corrected whT I said already and I acknowledged it, but you just seem to want to keep going on and on about it.
He was there or his parents were there, whatever. Not a big deal.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Because Our experienced veterans montoya and holland have slotted in beautifully aye..