Averillo & Wakeham

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They finally got to see a fair bit of game time together. What did you think ?

I'd be more concerned if we hadn't signed Green also. Hopefully they'll get better under Barrett. Georgallis said after last week he wants Averillo to get more involved and you'd have to agree. He didn't really take the line on tonight.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bad start from wakeham, but he warmed to the task nicely and help close out the game. Averillo very gun shy, needs to get more involved. Funnily enough, Lewis was actually doing a good job before he got knocked out.. typical murphy's law..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You can tell Wakeham isn't ready. I really wish we played him every game this year. It would of fast tracked his development imo... I'd still be going with him in the halves next year with Green at this stage (pending recruitment). The pace Lewis plays at is frustrating.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both kicked well. That is all

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They hardly combined compared to earlier in the season and during the trial...both obviously struggling with fitness and other issues expected from being young halves. Wakeham after a terrible start bounced back and is the first halfback to actually close out a game for us this season, so that's a positive.

Anyway both are plenty talented, just a matter of transitioning to firstgrade and continuing to build confidence. If they can't do that then we move on to other options.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Alot of these kids will be much worse for the year of shit coaching they've had. Playing Avo in the centres, Wakeham off the bench. A decent coach will pick and stick where possible.

And Lewis is an absolute cancer to the team, he thinks he's Cooper Cronk.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Averillo was much better in defence tonight. He didn't do much in attack but it's his second game in the halves and his confidence will increase over time..

Wakeham was solid, defended well and looked better as the game wore on. Hopefully both of them start next week.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Avo is getting into the game more and I think the kid will be a beauty. Wakeham not sure about needs more games

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis was playing well until he got hit by the mac truck. Wakeham did the best he could but i dont think he's the future unless he fills in for injuries. Avarillo needs to get more involved...very quiet tonight, played better last week...he could be good with some coaching, confidence and game time.

Hopa played well.