Averillo Try of the year

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Just athletically brilliant. The type of kid who used to shit me when I thought I was awesome for making it to regional/state and smoke me.
Don’t know if he’s got the kicking game that we need or can hone it but If he does then fuck me we are on for some special shit

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he needs to go into the halves too. He’s played the majority of his junior footy in the halves and he’s probably our most dangerous player with the ball in his hands so he should be touching it a lot more then he does. He doesn’t look confident in defence at centre and moving him to the other edge isn’t doing him any favour either. I’d bite the bullet and get him in at five eighth.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First rookie coming through our ranks living upto the hype

Almost too good to be true

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Every time Avo got the ball after that brilliant try i was up out of my seat. He is what we all want at the bulldogs a goer and someone who is exciting to watch. I hope the hit he got in the face is ok. His good to watch well done champ.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does the 21 salary cap include this guy?
Get Barrett involved in the maths, he needs to work with the Dogs budget soon.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is quoted as saying his preferred position is 6 or 1. Even the club has said they see him as a spine player
He can play center but he's much better at 6 or 1
First grade is alot different to lower grades

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What a weapon, we need more elite speedsters and finishers like him. Staines and Addo-Carr would be good, fuck off DWZ and Smith

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep telling yez
1 staines
6 n 7 averillo and burton.
9 mcinnes. Grant a few options here.
Thats a premiership threat in a few years.
Saves heaps of money to give the boys a better pack, packs decent just another tough ball player like bateman would of been great to an extent.
Just no more tolman, napa and elliot please.
Offer yeo 550 before them plodders
The future, not next season again forget it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dont you mean Montoya

Smith can’t even get round Monty at the moment:tearsofjoy:
Well yeah him too lol. Honestly I'd like to see Tui Katoa get given a run over them both ATM

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was a freakish effort. He needs to get more early ball and be given more room to move.. Obviously centre isn't his preferred position so it would be good to see him in the halves or at fullback before the end of the season.

He's a great talent and a genuine athlete. We need more players with his talent and athleticism moving forward.
The last 6-8 weeks is the perfect time to blood him at fullback and give him more space and freedom
He needs space and more ball
This kid could be anything or we can Fcuk him and hel head to the roosters and become a freak

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His defense is ordinary but that's why you play him at FB . There were a couple of half chances that Meaney didn't take today but I reckon Avo would have nailed them. He needs to be touching the ball as much as possible and its not going to happen playing in the center
Imagine Jake got that pass in open space and only had gutho to beat
I’d put my house on Jake breaking guthos ankles and smoking him

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
We need to get both our centres earlier ball.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is what he was doing in the lower grades and for the first time in many years we have a player who will go on to better things. It was a magic moment and tempered the fact that we lost the game. He is a keeper, probably our only real up and coming star. Can we clone him???
Alamoti, Seumanatafa and Biondi-Odo are 3 more coming through that are potential stars..
Hopefully the lower grades get back on track soon and these lads get to develop the way they should

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is quoted as saying his preferred position is 6 or 1. Even the club has said they see him as a spine player
He can play center but he's much better at 6 or 1
Spot on. This guy has something missing from our current halves - natural talent, athleticism and that x factor. The top halves and FB in the comp are already signed up with their clubs for next year so rather than pay overs for the next tier down we should develop Avo as a spine player. This is a much better use of our cap space and after we get rid of the dead weight at the end of this year and 2021 we are in the position to fill the other 3 spine positions with the most effective players on the market. A premiership window is a possibility in 2022 and beyond particularly with Smith and several other superstars either gone by then or past their prime.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just athletically brilliant. The type of kid who used to shit me when I thought I was awesome for making it to regional/state and smoke me.
Don’t know if he’s got the kicking game that we need or can hone it but If he does then fuck me we are on for some special shit
It's a hard lesson in life when you do something good at school level then step up to regionals and learn that you aren't as good as you thought. I won the school cross country races two years in a row but went to regionals and was among the turtles there.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alamoti, Seumanatafa and Biondi-Odo are 3 more coming through that are potential stars..
Hopefully the lower grades get back on track soon and these lads get to develop the way they should
Cant wait to see BBO in FG. He's got zip. He made a couple of errors in the trial but just the way he moves reminds of Barba/Bowen. Once barrett gets hold of him, look out. Avo, Burton and BBO in the spine....wow.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Watching live this was such a treat!
Remember when touching the corner post meant no try?
Well he would have scored a try back then too!
Simply a magician!
My only concern is that because he is so good, coaches think they can put him anywhere to strengthen the team overall.

Like people saying leave Meaney at FB and because we dont have good centres, then coach puts Avo in that spot.

The best player is deserving of playing in his best position and we all know its 5/8 or FB.

Early in his career but if Tbaz doesn't develop this guy into a Bulldog great in a much deserved spine position, then it will be a travesty.

That long term spot at 5/8 or FB should be happening now with 15 mins or so to test him as others have suggested.