Averillo Try of the year

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Took me back to Bennys try against Parra in 2011.

"In the air... IN THE AIR... IN THE AIIIIIIIIIIIIR! WOW. RABBITS... LOOK AT THAT!"

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Alamoti, Seumanatafa and Biondi-Odo are 3 more coming through that are potential stars..
Hopefully the lower grades get back on track soon and these lads get to develop the way they should
Agree. This year being the way it is we tend to forget others who have ability as well.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cant wait to see BBO in FG. He's got zip. He made a couple of errors in the trial but just the way he moves reminds of Barba/Bowen. Once barrett gets hold of him, look out. Avo, Burton and BBO in the spine....wow.
You make me happy. Looking at the positive things we have at the club. BBO Parramatta loss our gain....

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only concern is that because he is so good, coaches think they can put him anywhere to strengthen the team overall.

Like people saying leave Meaney at FB and because we dont have good centres, then coach puts Avo in that spot.

The best player is deserving of playing in his best position and we all know its 5/8 or FB.

Early in his career but if Tbaz doesn't develop this guy into a Bulldog great in a much deserved spine position, then it will be a travesty.

That long term spot at 5/8 or FB should be happening now with 15 mins or so to test him as others have suggested.
Even the dud Pay identified the kid was a freak....that's why he pretty much skipped CC and went from Flegg to FG
I'm sure he'll tell Barrett in the off season he wants to play 6 or 1 and Barrett will make it happen.
Its frustrating watching our centers play because they get fuck all early ball

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree about the halves as the defensive workload and responsibility might be too much this season. I don't think Meaney offers much at fullback though and think Averillo could be a star there.

At the very least he should have 10-15 minutes there a game to give him a taste and to get his hands on the ball more. Meaney could move to the wing and Montoya/Dallin could move to centre during that time.
Meaney is too small for the wing would get rag dolled

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
avo looks to have a lot of talent but hes not fit enough yet to play fullback after every run hes got his hands on his knees sucking them in

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kid has talent, but I wouldn't be moving Meaney out of fullback right now. And throwing him into 5/8 might put him under a huge amount of pressure.
I dont mind him remaining where he is for that reason. But what do we docwhen hoppa comes back?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree about the halves as the defensive workload and responsibility might be too much this season. I don't think Meaney offers much at fullback though and think Averillo could be a star there.

At the very least he should have 10-15 minutes there a game to give him a taste and to get his hands on the ball more. Meaney could move to the wing and Montoya/Dallin could move to centre during that time.
O think meaney was very good on sunday tbh. He is safe s houses under a high ball, and seems to be learning to ball play.

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What alot of the kennel says so much hype but ive seen nothing to suggest this
probably have to agree looks to have talent but havent seen anything outstanding the try he scored was a good try but they get scored every week now

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What alot of the kennel says so much hype but ive seen nothing to suggest this
Becuase he's playing in the center where he gets ZERO quality/early ball. What do you expect him to do?
He was a gun half in the juniors, that's why he has been promoted to FG to play out of position ahead of a lot of other players
Once he plays in his natural position, you'll see the hype
I know there was a lot of hype around Wakeham, which hasn't materialized, but this time it's different

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
avo looks to have a lot of talent but hes not fit enough yet to play fullback after every run hes got his hands on his knees sucking them in
Spot on. I have noticed this too. Also, his kick chase is poor and he seems to struggle with the pace of the game. He needs a full off season to get used to NRL

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I think meaney was very good on sunday tbh. He is safes as houses under a high ball, and seems to be learning to ball play.