News Averillo torn MCL in elbow

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Manly and Titans seemed to have a LOT of injuries under him and there fans don't speak very highly of him...was one of the things I was concerned about with him here though his weekly reports have been enjoyable to watch. Just something to keep an eye on this season.
Tbh a hyperextension of the elbow could only have occurred in a tackle where avo got his arm put in an awkward position. Not sure how it could of possibly happened in the gym..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tbh a hyperextension of the elbow could only have occurred in a tackle where avo got his arm put in an awkward position. Not sure how it could of possibly happened in the gym..
Yes it could all just be a freak accident...but as I said in my previous post if it happened at Manly, Titans and happens with us this season then surely it's more than just bad luck and something we should be concerned about moving forward?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
@Bulldogsteve Possibly...but if it keeps happening under him at different clubs then mathe it's more to do with just being unlucky. Guess we will just have to see this season...i've had enough of injuries after watching Liverpool this season :sob:
yeh i get your theory, but from experience, if the players are fit and at their best, then it is just luck IMO. he cant do anymore than that.
unless the warm up and post warm down is not good, but they are all educated in this area

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
yeh i get your theory, but from experience, if the players are fit and at their best, then it is just luck IMO. he cant do anymore than that.
unless the warm up and post warm down is not good, but they are all educated in this area
Yes they are all educated in this, but results are all that matter in the end and some consistently get better results than others. I'm not writing him off yet, I'm just slightly concerned..

We also have Like Portese at the club and he seems highly rated? I think he also ran the Panthers wrestling sessions when he was there?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes it could all just be a freak accident...but as I said in my previous post if it happened at Manly, Titans and happens with us this season then surely it's more than just bad luck and something we should be concerned about moving forward?
I don't agree tbh.. first of all you need to assess what types of injuries they are and what other external factors could of affected them i.e brookvale dodgy surface claimed many victims several years ago.

I think trying to blame a hyperextension on a fitness trainer is drawing a rather long bow tbh, it's dumb to even mention him as a possible cause.. now if I see a wrath of hamstring tears or bicep tears, then those are the sorts of injuries you'd want to speak to you S and C staff about..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't agree tbh.. first of all you need to assess what types of injuries they are and what other external factors could of affected them i.e brookvale dodgy surface claimed many victims several years ago.

I think trying to blame a hyperextension on a fitness trainer is drawing a rather long bow tbh, it's dumb to even mention him as a possible cause.. now if I see a wrath of hamstring tears or bicep tears, then those are the sorts of injuries you'd want to speak to you S and C staff about..
I agree and negative Nancy who told us all he doesn’t even watch first grade games but all of a sudden knows a players history since they were 6 is nothing short of hilarious. These injuries cannot be blamed on any trainer. People falling for his know all shit is even funnier

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. I'm probably weird though because I watch every game every week not just Panthers games. I've seen as many dogs games as anyone here while it's been on TV.
A fan of the game! If I had time to watch more games I would.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Both Averillo and Christian’s injuries were freak contact training injuries during opposed sessions. Unless Ferris himself was out there putting the shots on, none of it is his fault. What Manly and the Titans claim is that he is the root of all their problems. Meanwhile it is well known Manly have the worst senior physio going around and the Titans being the basket case of the NRL for over a decade we’re looking for a scapegoat.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Both Averillo and Christian’s injuries were freak contact training injuries during opposed sessions. Unless Ferris himself was out there putting the shots on, none of it is his fault. What Manly and the Titans claim is that he is the root of all their problems. Meanwhile it is well known Manly have the worst senior physio going around and the Titans being the basket case of the NRL for over a decade we’re looking for a scapegoat.
Yeah, I’m pretty impressed with Ferris so far

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Gotta be able to handle contact at training to handle it week in week out in the nrl, Its not a trainers fault, What a shit take lol Only an avo fanboy would look at it like that.

Guess it was last years trainers fault for averillo getting injured in every game he played.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Gotta be able to handle contact at training to handle it week in week out in the nrl, Its not a trainers fault, What a shit take lol Only an avo fanboy would look at it like that.

Guess it was last years trainers fault for averillo getting injured in every game he played.
Avo made up of the same stuff that the Stanley boys were. Gee they knew how to get injured.