News Averillo torn MCL in elbow

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Fucking sucks but riund 3 isn’t the death blow.

Just hope it means Burton’s sorted this week ffs.

I’d prefer we kept Ogden if they want britt or the other bloke we just got really maybe. If not hopefully couple hundred k.

Napa’s off contract. He will fire up. Not saying I want to keep him behind the season. Just with Thompson out kinds fee like we should and not worth paying 650k or 450k (if 200k already paid for year etc)
I’d give them Britt and Ogden for Burton. I may even throw in Napa

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My big concern I have is that Averillo is a bit injury prone. Everybody is saying how good he will be etc etc but so far he just keeps getting injured.
I thought Lewis's halves career was over but now I'm starting to think he may play more in the halves than most on here will like. I don't have to much drama with it as long as Baz sorts him out and lays down some ground rules. Like all I want you to do is tackle your ass off and let Flans run the side around. Who knows maybe Burton is still coming

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My big concern I have is that Averillo is a bit injury prone. Everybody is saying how good he will be etc etc but so far he just keeps getting injured.
I thought Lewis's halves career was over but now I'm starting to think he may play more in the halves than most on here will like. I don't have to much drama with it as long as Baz sorts him out and lays down some ground rules. Like all I want you to do is tackle your ass off and let Flans run the side around. Who knows maybe Burton is still coming
It's obvious that Avo's best asset is his speed, if he was to put on a few KG's and loses a meter or two, I'm sure he would be a better player for it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is this a Dan Ferris thing? Will have to keep track and compare at seasons end..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is this a Dan Ferris thing? Will have to keep track and compare at seasons end..
Averillo had two or three different injuries last season as well, so I doubt it's got anything to do with Ferris. Like you said, it's too early to tell what positive or negative impact Ferris has made yet.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a nightmare, Lewis stifles anyone who plays along side him. I know Wakeham isn’t fantastic but I’d rather see him start over Lewis.
Lewis/Wakeham in the halves = we lose. I'll much rather Hoppa at 5/8 and shuffle the backline around with Meaney coming in. Hoppa has more footy IQ, vision, running and better passing than L/W will ever have.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lewis/Wakeham in the halves = we lose. I'll much rather Hoppa at 5/8 and shuffle the backline around with Meaney coming in. Hoppa has more footy IQ, vision, running and better passing than L/W will ever have.
i agree with hoppa but meaney cant play centre

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree with hoppa but meaney cant play centre
i meant shuffle the backline with either DWZ to centre and Meaney to wing or Meaney to FB and Allen to centre - or maybe Allen to 5/8 and Meaney to FB. Any one of those is better than L/W at 5/8.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
how would it be anything related to Ferris? just asking
Manly and Titans seemed to have a LOT of injuries under him and there fans don't speak very highly of him...was one of the things I was concerned about with him here though his weekly reports have been enjoyable to watch. Just something to keep an eye on this season.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another chance for Lewis, maybe he picked up some new tricks in the offseason.
Don't mind his kicking game.
He has very limited running game. With Hoppa lack pace and DWZ lack pace compared to other wingers we can’t afford a nun runner at 5/8

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i meant shuffle the backline with either DWZ to centre and Meaney to wing or Meaney to FB and Allen to centre - or maybe Allen to 5/8 and Meaney to FB. Any one of those is better than L/W at 5/8.
you cant weakin a position so id go with wakeham and let flanno control both sides

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Manly and Titans seemed to have a LOT of injuries under him and there fans don't speak very highly of him...was one of the things I was concerned about with him here though his weekly reports have been enjoyable to watch. Just something to keep an eye on this season.

i dont think it has anything to do with him, if the players are fit and they are stretched before games etc it is just luck imo. he cant control that, if he wasnt any good he would not have got a gig at the dogs.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d leave Allen at fullback. If needed in short term give Hoppa a run at 5/8 he’s not quick but he would be a big 5/8 with good hands and has vision
At center to replace Hoppa would be unsure. But see how trials go.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@Bulldogsteve Possibly...but if it keeps happening under him at different clubs then mathe it's more to do with just being unlucky. Guess we will just have to see this season...i've had enough of injuries after watching Liverpool this season :sob: