Averillo to test open market before extending.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't imagine any bidding wars for Averillo. Hopefully he stays loyal to the club that's given him the opportunity and persevered with him in FG for the last few years. If not, it's no great loss and you wish him well..

He's a good athlete but he has a lot of improving to do as a footballer and in terms of awareness. Whether he reaches his potential with us, another club or at all remains to be seen.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jury still out on avo. His speed and athletic ability suited to a team that has a dominant forward pack and halves that create space.

Also a decent coach to teach him structures and positioning in attack and defence wouldn’t go astray. Was not suited to Baz ball. Would probably be a star at the storm lol.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Averillo will suss out the marketplace to try and further his career before re-signing with Dogs..
Obvious sign he is uncomfortable and uncertain at the bulldogs.
It's no secrete we are chasing a better fullback option.
I do rate the guy, he just isn't at the level we desperately need right now
He is excellent back up utility value though.
But I think he wants to cement a starting spot.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Jury still out on avo. His speed and athletic ability suited to a team that has a dominant forward pack and halves that create space.

Also a decent coach to teach him structures and positioning in attack and defence wouldn’t go astray. Was not suited to Baz ball. Would probably be a star at the storm lol.
He could easily be the next Ben Barba, or he could just as easily be the next Moses Mbye

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still think his biggest issue is that he gets timid after a hard knock. But I'd hope he doesn't read the forum. I'd fuck off asap if I read some of the shit posts about him here. He's not a bad player, just not the saviour that plenty were hoping he'd be based on junior football.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing about testing the open market is you leave yourself open to not receiving an offer from us either. Good luck to him but he needs a big season at fullback if he wants to continue with us

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It would just be his manager to see what he's worth.
You would be stupid not to!