Averillo to Centre?

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Persevere with Averillo in the halves. I'd expect him to partner Burton next year, given he has held his position at 7 this year.

Last edited:

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t really see him as a first grade half at the moment, he should partner Flanagan at Mounties and develop his skills.
Currently, I don’t think he will be able to make it in any other nrl squad.

The storm really exposed him in the centres last season.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His ONLY strength / asset is his side step. He's a finisher, not a creator. He'll never be up there in the stats for try assists.

I don't know why some keep saying he's a fullback either (like they've watched him play). Does he have a passing game ? Not that we've seen even while playing in the halves. Can he organise the defensive line from fullback ? Is he any good at catching bombs ? Is he any good at chiming into the backline and backing up half breaks ? Haven't seen it. Is he any good at saving tries ? Is he a livewire like a Tedesco always around the ball ? Definitely not.

He doesn't get involved enough to be a half either. Again no passing game, average kicking game.

He does seem to be a very good goal kicker though so may need to be in our starting 13. It's either centre or wing if we want him in our starting 13 for his linebreak (step) ability and for his goal kicking. Schoupp is strong but I don't think he has the linebreak ability to create something from nothing that Averillo has. Averillo just needs to learn how to tackle better. He should get a few tips from Lewis.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets see whether Avo or Lewis has a better final 6/7 weeks of the season. That man should partner Burton in the halves next year. So if Lewis has a better final stint wtf wouldn't we offer him a 1 year contract, just like Dufty?...and move Avo to either a centre or utility role for next season?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is a polarising topic many different views..tbh i'm fucked if i know, hope Gus and Baz do.
Won't be our fullback pretty sure on that he is untested and we bought a guy who ironically is also polarising...
I have definite concerns that he is the answer/has the right attributes to play alongside Burton in the halves.
Then you have the Centre, utility options and some even say needs more time in reggies? Reckon BBO at least gets the 14 and already has shown more with ball in hand in a small cameo so far? so utility at least and maybe halves he is a better option though still very green.
No room for him on a wing either imo.

So back to my first comment i'll beef hooked if i know what 1.suits the team best or 2.will actually happen with Jake.