Averillo stood down for covid

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More great news
Avos family had a meal at the Liverpool hotel on July 3 and is now stood down from all duties

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This shit is hilarious. It doesn't really make a difference anyway. Pay probably would have "rested" him a few more weeks.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury centre Jake Averillo has been stood down by the club after becoming inadvertently caught up in the COVID-19 cluster at the Crossroads Hotel in Casula.

Averillo told the Bulldogs that his parents had a meal there on July 3 and will be tested for the virus.

The club has notified the NRL and is awaiting directions on the next biosecurity steps to be taken.

In the meantime the rookie outside back has been stood down from all training and playing duties.

Averillo, who made his Telstra Premiership debut in round two just before the competition went into a two-month hiatus because of the pandemic, did not play last Saturday in the loss to Brisbane.

Due to the outbreak at the Crossroads Hotel in Casula, in south-west Sydney, NSW Health has advised anyone who visited the pub between July 3 and 10 to self-isolate and get tested.

Bulldogs forward Aiden Tolman missed two matches last month after one of his children attended a school which had a staff member that tested positive.

The club is yet to make an official comment on Averillo's status but is likely to do so on Monday afternoon.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Damn, that’s really unfortunate. I would love him to return to the side.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Holland back to the centres yaaaaayyyy
Holland and Montoya wow

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
damn, does that mean we wont make the 8 without him?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm sure this will be used as another excuse for Pay.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well, he wasn't going to win us any games and the team isn't going to win them either so it doesn't really matter. Only down side is him not getting some "games under his belt and being better for it".

Usually when your down life makes sure you stay there. We need to change everything to snap us out of this.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why does this article get turned into a Dean Pay thread. Has nothing to do with him, keep those comments to his threads. Unbelievably bad luck for Jake and his family. Hope they are cleared and doesn’t turn into anything more sinister for them.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Didn't some poster here talk to Averillo the other day? Little 2 week holiday coming up.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Didn't some poster here talk to Averillo the other day? Little 2 week holiday coming up.
I hope not
I believe it was only his family that had dinner there but I understand transmission etc etc
Hope he and his family get the clear ASAP

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just saw the little clip of his line break against the roosters... what an athlete... massive loss assuming he was getting picked this week..