Averillo position

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barba started in the halves and I think that helped him at fullback with his ball playing etc
Avirello could be anything. I think the rest of the year we persist with him and then in the off season if he is with Burton then so be it if we sign a Johnson put him at fullback as an extra ball player with speed to burn

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’d be more than happy so see what he can do at fullback. The only question in my mind is, if Garrett thinks he can play there, why didn’t he play him there this year snd sign Benji to play in the halves? I don’t want an Avo/ Burton halves posting next year. Too inexperienced. Give him a go st the back, sure.... but if that’s his long term position, I think not playing him there this year was a missed opportunity.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it depends on other opportunities, but based on current progression he needs to be either partnering Burton in halves or at fullback. if we can pick up a gun Fullback then in the halves, we get a gun half, then move him to fullback.

and as far as half back/five eight /first reciever and left side /right side, I wouldn't get too tied up. I think Barret will play a more open style, he has already suggested playing 2 fullbacks with JAC more a roaming role than stuck on wing.

Barret could revolutionise attack and bring a change to the game. He could also fail but Tommy Turbo playing a more roaming game from centre didn't go too bad in SOO. what we need to be careful about is being out of position in defence and with dropped balls how quickly attack can change to defense.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
He's clearly a FB, and could be a great one I think.
I think so as well. He wont be tackling nearly as much, no pressure or the need to kick us out of trouble and free to play both sides of the field (even as a decoy). I have no doubt that if given enough time, he'll do very well there.

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With the remaining money we have 3.4 mill I have done the approximate calculations, we save 1.2 mil for extensions and stuff, for the 2.2 mil we have left, get a world class hooker 800 k, then a word class prop 650 k, which we have 1.75 left, get another prop 1.25 left, then get sj for 550, then we have 700 left and Ye, so the team would look like this

1. averillo
2. Cotric
3. Naden
4. Schoop
5. Fox
6.sj
7.burton
8.jfh
9.cheese
10. The Pom
11.rfm
12. Doorey
13.Jackson
14.jmk
15.hetringon
16 afoa
17 Elliot
18 topine
Reserves
Waddell
Atoni
Ava
Meany
Allan
Ogden
Dietz
Stimson
C smith
Jayden okonbur
Paul almoti
Wakeham so when we get rid of sj in 3 years wakeham will be our number 6

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the remaining money we have 3.4 mill I have done the approximate calculations, we save 1.2 mil for extensions and stuff, for the 2.2 mil we have left, get a world class hooker 800 k, then a word class prop 650 k, which we have 1.75 left, get another prop 1.25 left, then get sj for 550, then we have 700 left and Ye, so the team would look like this

1. averillo
2. Cotric
3. Naden
4. Schoop
5. Fox
6.sj
7.burton
8.jfh
9.cheese
10. The Pom
11.rfm
12. Doorey
13.Jackson
14.jmk
15.hetringon
16 afoa
17 Elliot
18 topine
Reserves
Waddell
Atoni
Ava
Meany
Allan
Ogden
Dietz
Stimson
C smith
Jayden okonbur
Paul almoti
Wakeham so when we get rid of sj in 3 years wakeham will be our number 6
...Is this a joke?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with having a go I commend you...BUT your calcs are out by a mil, when u started at 2.2mil less a hooker and quality prop 1.45mil combined that leaves only .75 not 1.75mil.

Probably a few other holes in it too..so brace yourself mate lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with having a go I commend you...BUT your calcs are out by a mil, when u started at 2.2mil less a hooker and quality prop 1.45mil combined that leaves only .75 not 1.75mil.

Oh bugger. That team. AND money left over. Looked good :grinning:

Last edited:

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Afoa has resigned with the Warriors, JFH is on contract with Penrith, Cheese has said hes staying at the Storm, Wakeham won't sit around playing for Mounties for 3 years until we 'get rid of SJ' either...

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Neither Burton or Jake are 7's

Jake is a 1 & 6

Burton is a 6, though he will eventually move into the backrow/lock at a later stage in his career

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Easily looks like 6 will be his best position but I hopefully we can transition him to fullback as that is where we would need him most (especially if we get Johnson). He definately has the qualities to play at fullback. We should be focused on a hooker and a halfback for next year. A spine of Averillo, Burton, Johnson and B Smith would be a genuine top 8 spine. Add a Front Rower and Second Rower in 2023.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to see what impact Averillo could have offensively with the space and freedom of playing fullback... he would also be spared the wear and tear of defending in the front line

but does he have the skills, smarts and desire to take on playing fullback - directing defenders, anticipating play, defusing kicks, bringing the back on the first couple plays, being the last line of defence etc.?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neither Burton or Jake are 7's

Jake is a 1 & 6

Burton is a 6, though he will eventually move into the backrow/lock at a later stage in his career
Why would an elite half end up in the forwards ?

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score

He works for the Roosters, all smoke and mirrors, works for them lol