Averillo is too predictable

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im very happy to have Mahoney on board next year....

Kid is great and definitely an upgrade on JMK

In regards to Moses and Gutho, they are overpaid players who consistently go missing in the big and crucial games.....It's interesting that Parra have let go of their 2 best players in Mahoney and Papalii

Averillo is not a #7, he is actually a terrible #7 which has been forced by Barrett

We have 2 genuine halfbacks at the club (nothing fancy at all), and to force a player who is not a HB to run the side, that's just total incompetence

Save this post and mark my words......Barrett will be gone at seasons end and Averillo will not be seen in the halves when a new coach comes in.....

We have Gould running the show and Gould doesnt take failure and no for an answer
I never once commented on baz or jake to you mate. I don’t actually disagree as a whole view. More stating your comment on Mahoney and my view is that he makes those look better.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought JMK and Avo were a lot better. Afew more games together and hopefully it all happens naturally. Burton should NOT go to Dummy Half, every pass was a lollypop.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ffs where are the JMK Threads at?!?!,!!?!?!? He is the problem our halves were great. Averillo was robbed of a try lmao. I want BBO at 9 or Josh cook just fucking anyone other than JMK.
100%

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm still not convinced Averillo is a half. But if he is he is a running 5/8 not an organising halfback in any way. We have 2 running halves

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
How long till people realise JMK is the problem? Avo cops all the blame and barely made a wrong step today
Too true. Sad state of affairs when you watch a NRLW game and see better passing from dummy half from them than what JMK dishes up!! He kills our attack time and time again. The sooner Mahoney arrives the better

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm still not convinced Averillo is a half. But if he is he is a running 5/8 not an organising halfback in any way. We have 2 running halves
So do many teams, at a guess I would say more than half the teams.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did Cook play the lower grades over the weekend or is he still injured? I know he was named but not sure if he played
Played Nsw cup mate.Starting to think BBO could be the go to guy but torn as he is likely the next best 7 option though very inexperienced.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Thought it was one of his better games. Still not convinced he's our answer in #7.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
One game and you post this, he threw a mad dummy and litterly scored, how predictable.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Did Cook play the lower grades over the weekend or is he still injured? I know he was named but not sure if he played
He played nsw cup, i didnt watch the game but im sure he played better than JMK

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's improving. At the stadium we'd be able to see better how he is on and off the ball and if there's improvement. Halfback needs more than just 'a running game' (don't get me started). I'm totally fine if he's just a shy guy but he really should own the field, he's our quarterback.

On another point, I don't want to be rude to our 7, but it's an insult to players didn't make top tier league halfback, I find hard to explain. I feel bad for a few halfbacks and mates who missed out and would scorn seeing this kicking game, vision, and organisation? At least display your hours of after training kicking drills to a tee. I really think Averillo can improve and TB might be seeing something but it's going to take a lot of character building and training.
Done well for the win, need a lot better though.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I almost agree. He threw 6 dummies tonight, which is a lot. But he also threw 29 passes and made 5 kicks. So it's not like he was just throwing dummies and running each time.
But a lot of those 29 passes were almost identical in setup and play

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t think Averillo feels comfortable at 7

Good halfbacks crave the ball and they see openings and possibilities in attack so they scream for the ball and are constantly telling players where to be and what to do, they get so immersed in the game

But if you watch Averillo he seems to play in a way he thinks he’s supposed to, trying to play like a halfback

I think he’s a good player but the sooner we move him out of the 7 the better

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Avo did his job yesterday, Looks good when he takes the ball to the line then gets it to burton, Avo was set up for a play on more then 1 occasion where jmk went the wrong way.

He was unlucky to not score he got that fkn ball down, Short kicking game was good as well.