Averillo Haters

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I hated him in the halves, he got dominated all the time. He needs space to work with, hes a runner. FB seems to suit him ok so far. Happy to see him tried there for longer.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo has been a difficult one, i think people have just been really fustrated we havent managed to find a position hes been able to excel in and worried he could be another moses mbye. We can all see how skilful he is, its only been 2 games however I really hope he nails down that fullback position, if he carries on the way hes going, he ll be a star

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon kiraz would make a good fullback, still avo outshone gutherson.
And for a change we got some calls in our favour today, instead of them going against us.
Outstanding effort in d today!
Best win this decade

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Averillo has been a difficult one, i think people have just been really fustrated we havent managed to find a position hes been able to excel in and worried he could be another moses mbye. We can all see how skilful he is, its only been 2 games however I really hope he nails down that fullback position, if he carries on the way hes going, he ll be a star
Because people weren't looking at the whole picture and/or probably didn't see much of him in the lower grades. He broke into first grade too early, was thrown into a key position he had little experience in with no support and was pretty much expected to turn around arguably one of the worst offensive sides in the modern era. Many claimed he got the opportunity but in reality he never actually got the right opportunity to develop and settle into the top grade. Imagine finally breaking into first grade and getting flogged for 2 years and barely scoring any points, it's enough to ruin a player.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Good tries showed speed.. still a work in progress at fullback .. needs more involment in backline movement and supporting offloads and making metres..
Def got a position that suits him

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t hate him but to early to judge him at fullback, wasn’t much pressure on him today.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll put my hand up 100% for criticising Averillo WHEN HE DESERVED IT and he did deserve it. Anyone who thinks he didn't deserve it at the time is pretty dumb and stupid as far as I'm concerned.

I didn't know criticising someone when they play shit is a crime. How about Dufty ? Are we allowed to talk about him ? Averillo wasn't getting involved enough. Wasn't having a go. Wasn't running the ball enough or giving it 100%. He proved he wasn't a half but I always thought he might make it as a centre or winger. I'd never seen him play fullback and probably few on here had. Had you ? I doubted he had the ballplaying ability to be a fullback, doubted he could organise the defence because they say he's pretty quiet on the field and I didn't know how he would go under under the highball because he seems hesitant to put his body on the line and he gets rag-dolled pretty easy by defenders. He still hasn't shown he's got a handle on all these areas so it's a bit f..king early to go shooting people who criticised him.

I think he turned things around though in his last game at centre a few weeks ago against the Dragons. That was the first game I thought he played well. Last week he was pretty good too and even better today but dropped the bomb unfortunately so I still have a question mark there but if he becomes a really good fullback of course I'll be f..king thrilled. We'll save a heap of cap on buying someone like Latrell Mitchell or Reece Walsh and we can use that saved money to strengthen other positions like our 7.

I'm sure all the others who criticised Averillo will be just as happy if he succeeds. After all we're all Dogs supporters aren't we ?. Just want what's best for the team.

Last edited:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not an Averillo hater, but in the haters defence, he was rubbish at centre. For me I'm stoked hes at fullback, as Dufty the little fucker won't see NRL again.
Same here. Never hated him. I wanted to find a spot for him and glad we have. He was average at half and centre, so I was thinking he may not be up to NRL. But he may have finally found his best position, and it only took Goat Potter to try it. I'm cheerin tbh, because it would have been disappointing to have to see a talented player like him, not make a position his own, and the bonus is we have a decent fullback now!

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he's looked alot better at fullback then centre however let's calm down a bit, some people seem to think he's a future immortal or something.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo was rushed in our panic for quick answers plus the lack of depth (I reckon Gus is deliberately not letting that happen to BBO). While AVO hasn't done much to deserve too many raps so far, it's just confidence and time IMO. If he can solve the fullback problem it would be huge for us and today was a good start.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Credit where it’s due. He was very good today. He has my interest. If he can produce games like that consistently, he’ll win people over pretty quickly.,

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The real test for him comes when opposition coaches have had time to pick apart his strengths and weaknesses. I've seen plenty of players have a handful of good quality games before their flaws are exposed. Think of guys like Christian Chrighton. First few games everyone was like Ermagerd, future immortal! After another handful of games, people were like "Ermagerd, it's lucky we didn't sign this guy"

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I guess I am classed as a "hater" lol.

Never really hated him just though he was useless. I didn't think he work at FB mostly because he ball carry from centre was weak asf, but last night he brought the ball back well. He looked good imo, I hope he kills it tbh.

I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong (Thompson), he still has a long way to go but some good signs there. How fast is he too btw? We've got some good speed in the backing now.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Never had an opinion either way and still don’t. Not on the fence and not sold either, is what it is for now. Was a great game.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn’t rate Averillo as a centre and even less as a number 7.

I can’t believe it took this long for him to get a start at fullback.

I thought it was obvious from the time I first seen him play that his best position would be fullback or 5/8.

I hope he kicks on and keeps improving because if he can own the fullback position it puts us in a much stronger position team wise as we can concentrate on getting an effective number 7 to complete our spine.