Averillo - Finally Found His Spot

Dan2

Waterboy
Reaction score
It kind of helps that Potter is personally guiding him on some of the finer aspects of playing fullback.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the way to Averillo......he's most certainly has, you could nearly say for most Doggie fans it's the G spot.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Look at Averillos reaction after JAC made that break in the first half, passed to Burton who kicked for the line drop out. He was fking furious nobody kicked/passed for him on the inside. He’s looking hungry as fuck and it shows. Such a contrast to when he was playing centre under Baz, he looked like a zombie who didn’t wanna be there

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Look at Averillos reaction after JAC made that break in the first half, passed to Burton who kicked for the line drop out. He was fking furious nobody kicked/passed for him on the inside. He’s looking hungry as fuck and it shows. Such a contrast to when he was playing centre under Baz, he looked like a zombie who didn’t wanna be there
At least Averilo playing so well has kept the trolls of the site as the mods wont ban them

obe

Waterboy
Reaction score
I quess it takes one fullback to know another.

Malla

Reaction score
He pushes up with every play and is always supporting.
Burton made a break, Averillo was there in support
Schoupp sliced through, Averillo was there in support
His second try off the kick was because he pushed up to support

Simple things that we were not getting out of Dufty.

Have not yet to see him show ball playing but given he's a 5/8 and played half this year, I don't think that would be an issue for him, but you just want him running and playing his natural game which is what I think we are seeing.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks sharp at fullback. Love him there. Follows well in support and is finding loads of space.

Last edited:

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The good thing about Avo now likely being our fullback from here on in is that if we were intending on spending salary cap dollars on a fullback we have now probably saved about 500K.

More cap money would mean our number 7 we are looking to sign will be off the top shelf $1M dollar player.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The good thing about Avo now likely being our fullback from here on in is that if we were intending on spending salary cap dollars on a fullback we have now probably saved about 500K.

More cap money would mean our number 7 we are looking to sign will be off the top shelf $1M dollar player.
Don’t think dogs will be signing any more marquee players Burton is easily a top shelf 6 and we will need around a million to retain him or there abouts.
He is worth every cent.
Burton the jonathon Thurston we never had.
Now is our chance

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I was calling for him to have a sex change operation when he was playing at centre.
He has improved out of sight since moving to fullback.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t think dogs will be signing any more marquee players Burton is easily a top shelf 6 and we will need around a million to retain him or there abouts.
He is worth every cent.
Burton the jonathon Thurston we never had.
Now is our chance
Agree, but I still think with who we are offloading we can still sign a marquee 7. Problem is who is available? I would be going for Hastings. I just think he has matured as a person and a player and behind a better pack we could be dangerous on both sides with him in it. 600k no problems.

I know we have signed some big names, but look at the others Avo, Kiraz, Schoupp, Allen, RFM, Simpson, King, Waddell, Dockar-Clay, Morrin and others are all what you'd consider are on the average wage line. Get rid of Flanno and I can't see why we can't spend $600K-$1M on a 7?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree, but I still think with who we are offloading we can still sign a marquee 7. Problem is who is available? I would be going for Hastings. I just think he has matured as a person and a player and behind a better pack we could be dangerous on both sides with him in it. 600k no problems.

I know we have signed some big names, but look at the others Avo, Kiraz, Schoupp, Allen, RFM, Simpson, King, Waddell, Dockar-Clay, Morrin and others are all what you'd consider are on the average wage line. Get rid of Flanno and I can't see why we can't spend $600K-$1M on a 7?
I read that Hastings has nerve damage in his foot and can hardly feel the ball when he kicks it, not sure if it's true but it would explain his drop in form and why he moves like a pensioner right now. Don't think he's an option personally.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that too. When JAC made the break I thought who in our team has the speed to support him and sure enough Averillo was inside calling for the ball. I don’t mind that JAC passed to burto because the two have got a good combination going but I would have preferred if burto had backed himself and ran at full pace to the tryline rather than kick the ball back inside. I think he would have got there.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To think so many people wanted to end the fullback experiment because he made a few bad decisions against Penrith.. In that same game he also made multiple breaks and looked a much more confident and dangerous player that was finally able to utilise his acceleration and athleticism.

Since then he's come on leaps and bounds. His positional play, defensive work and fitness have been impressive considering he's only had three games at fullback.

I'm glad he's finally realising his potential with us and not with another club which has happened too many times the last several years..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that too. When JAC made the break I thought who in our team has the speed to support him and sure enough Averillo was inside calling for the ball. I don’t mind that JAC passed to burto because the two have got a good combination going but I would have preferred if burto had backed himself and ran at full pace to the tryline rather than kick the ball back inside. I think he would have got there.
Jake was screaming through on the inside and catching Fox. He looks to be as quick as Fox