Averillo - Finally Found His Spot

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are some people on here really not happy with Avo at FB? After one training session? Against Panthers (albeit lacking players)?
get your heads outta ya asses and give the bloke time. Everyone wants to bitch about Dufty so we give someone else a go and see what they can do and you guys shit on him…I think he played well for his first game and attacked the ball every time with Kikau charging at him all night and didn’t drop it once….so if you think you cando better get the boots and have a crack….he’ll try it at a training session you will shit you pants ya flogs

ah I feel better now…rant over
I think I can do better. At 43, no experience playing the game I still have hopes of being signed up by the Dogs. We signed Allen on a 3 year x $500k deal so there’s still hope for me

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I praised him. He deserved it. Leave him the rest of the season. Let him develop. Actually showed he deserved to be in the field. Our third best behind Burton and JAC
Yes, it's wild that people are so fixated on his mistakes when there were far more positives. I don't know how anyone could watch last night and think it isn't at least worth persisting with him at the back for the season considering our and his circumstances.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it's wild that people are so fixated on his mistakes when there were far more positives. I don't know how anyone could watch last night and think it isn't at least worth persisting with him at the back for the season considering our and his circumstances.
This I reckon persist with. The halfback position I couldn’t get on board with sorry. But the Fullback role Fucken oath!! I know Dufty can throw the cut out but he didn’t really get that into his game until a year or two ago. One training run and one game gives me actual hope. He should stay there and train and trial there with our proper coach and let him get the combinations going.

Reactions: CMP

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burton was very good but I'd still like to see more in terms of passing and general play, can't just rely on his left boot for everything. It's hard because he has JMK and Flanagan feeding him total shit and we run the worst shape but it would still be nice to see as that would put him a tier or two up in rating for me.
It's hard in a game like yesterday where we struggle to get past halfway most sets and are getting dominated in the ruck. That's why he's tried so many crossfield kicks from inside our own half the last few weeks to try and spark something.

Flanagan and JMK stifle the attack so badly and waste at least two tackles a set. It's amazing Burton or anyone else can do anything decent with those two holding the team back so badly.

His passing ability is something I hoped to see more of from him this season. He needs to improve in that area but with Mahoney's service and the attention Kikau will draw outside of him, I hope we see better passing next year when he has more space and time on the ball..

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's still early days to say that he is our long term answer at Fullback, but I think it is clear to see in just one half of footy that Fullback is his best position.

I don't know why it took anyone so long to figure it out.
easy aswer mate just shit coach

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This I reckon persist with. The halfback position I couldn’t get on board with sorry. But the Fullback role Fucken oath!! I know Dufty can throw the cut out but he didn’t really get that into his game until a year or two ago. One training run and one game gives me actual hope. He should stay there and train and trial there with our proper coach and let him get the combinations going.
Still a better halfback than Flanagan, 71 touches of pure shit from him last night lol.It was refreshing seeing him attack the ball and try and turn defence into attack, was basically our only form of attack all game other than Burton's boot.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You called me a know at all, apologies if I read it thewrong way.
so you agree averillo was a success at fullback?
our problem is 7
I'd like an apology off you as well for your toxic misplaced rage miscomprehension about my post regarding Avo.

Caused @seven07 to jump in with a silly comment and a couple of others with Likes.

*love eyes* as an apology don't cut it :grinning:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still a better halfback than Flanagan, 71 touches of pure shit from him last night lol.It was refreshing seeing him attack the ball and try and turn defence into attack, was basically our only form of attack all game other than Burton's boot.
Did @Flanagun touch the ball 71 times ?? FMD he did nothing with it. No wonder we suck. How many touches for Burton?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did @Flanagun touch the ball 71 times ?? FMD he did nothing with it. No wonder we suck. How many touches for Burton?
Yup, he does absolutely nothing with the amount of ball he gets and it's why he was dumped in the first place last year. Plays with no speed and always drifts sideways. Burton had 50 touches.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton is finding his feet and coming along nicely, he will love playing along side Mahoney and his combos with Fox are really building.. Flange is a stop gap until we get a halfback, his defence is ok and gets his body in front but is petrified of digging into the line with the ball so everyone knows he will pass.

All things considered playing against competition leaders and the pressure of failure I thought Jake had a decent fucking go and also showed some of his real pace. He looked to be talking a bit behind the line and was solid in defence, easily worth giving time in the role as Dufman is going and sucks anyway.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy is rubbish. He will pull out an occasional moment within a game or maybe once a year even a whole game that will get people excited but for the others he will be a passenger and/or a liability.. think mbye, think Ben Roberts. These guys had flashes too but mostly left you feeling deflated. Happy to be proven wrong. Over to you averillo.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that he tried last night once he got put into fullback says alot to me about his attitude. Smells like remis smith. Why weren't you having a dig in the centres you cat.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow I haven’t seen so many with sand in their vagina’s since at least last week on here. With bog average forwards getting dominated in every ruck your calling out backs whose passes had of gone to hand there would of been a wankfest. Until we hold our own in the ruck these poor backs will be under immense pressure every week. Examples Smith and Meaney both were in bog average is sides where there forwards were dominated week in and week out, move into a Melbourne side and they both never miss a beat.

Yes our system is broken and our playing strength weak and the foundation of our great is broken , but the constant calling out of our players is beyond a joke.

So to all you legends in there own lunchtimes on here have a great weekend
Spot on we lack a prop with mongrel

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought Avo was ok last night and will improve in the position. Our cream puff forwards and a no.7 who is completely out of his depth are much bigger issues. I don't really want to throw BBO in but i also cant stand thinking we have to put up with Flano for another game, should be banished forever.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With wakey out you need to go with bbo now burton carnt do it all on his own

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With wakey out you need to go with bbo now burton carnt do it all on his own