Opinion Averillo cooked

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get Sloan or Staines while we can? I've not seen the hype around Sloan, but plenty reckon he will be a very good fb. He isn't getting a go with Ramsay taking the spot in recent times.

707_2Belmore

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember Dylan Edwards in a similar vein. Was horrible under the high ball and an absolute error machine. Look at him now. Killing it!!

I’ll reserve judgement after Avo’s had a full off season training at fullback trying to defuse Burto’s rockets.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes he has mate and I think he has been good.

But one of the things I was looking forward to seeing was his ball playing ability at the back and hopefully setting up some tries. I thought he could potentially chime in and set up some tries.

I don’t think he has done that but after a full pre season that should change
Marley to come in hot with a response soon…

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember Dylan Edwards in a similar vein. Was horrible under the high ball and an absolute error machine. Look at him now. Killing it!!

I’ll reserve judgement after Avo’s had a full off season training at fullback trying to defuse Burto’s rockets.
I wouldn’t say killing it. His last line of defence / one on one tackles are pretty much non existent. He isn’t a bad player, but he’s made to look better than he really is in that Penrith backline

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh ffs, go and stand in the middle of the road and play with traffic

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No one here sees that. Unbelievable.
Do you not see that for a fullback to chime in, and the same with any edge runner, we need a halfback that can produce something other than a flat pass to someone already under the pump.
Opposition teams read us (Flanno) easily as they know that it will go across the line and unless Burton does a kick we are screwed.
Flanno has never put a player into a gap ever.
Kikau would be spewing seeing Flanno playing.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Do you not see that for a fullback to chime in, and the same with any edge runner, we need a halfback that can produce something other than a flat pass to someone already under the pump.
Opposition teams read us (Flanno) easily as they know that it will go across the line and unless Burton does a kick we are screwed.
Kikau will be on Burtons side of the field. So he won't care.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's RFM that's spewin'.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The main attributes of a good fullback are speed, positioning, good under the high ball, and ability to return the ball.
The guy who represents those ideals best is Jacob Kiraz.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Get rid of TPJ and Thommo and sign him
TPJ is playing injured. I suspect he would be standing down for a few matches if we weren't stretched so thin. I wouldn't swap him for anyone in the competition. If the club can get him right, he is our ace in the hole

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
TPJ is playing injured. I suspect he would be standing down for a few matches if we weren't stretched so thin. I wouldn't swap him for anyone in the competition. If the club can get him right, he is our ace in the hole
It won't happen and I love what TPJ brings when he is switched on but I would swap him for any high minute high workrate consistent forward. Ipap, Cmurray, Tino, Haas, Tapine, Carrigan types.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I like him too when he actually works but swap him for Munster in a heartbeat. Especially with Kiki coming next year.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like him too when he actually works but swap him for Munster in a heartbeat. Especially with Kiki coming next year.
Munster going to be offered $1.3m a season to join the Dolphins. They are desperate for a star signing and we can't compete with that. I know you're all against the idea BUT Mitchell Moses would be a perfect halves partner for Burton, he is available after next season, the same time Flanno comes off contract with us. Laundy only needs to go through his coin purse to make it happen.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Munster going to be offered $1.3m a season to join the Dolphins. They are desperate for a star signing and we can't compete with that. I know you're all against the idea BUT Mitchell Moses would be a perfect halves partner for Burton, he is available after next season, the same time Flanno comes off contract with us. Laundy only needs to go through his coin purse to make it happen.
I dont like Fatrell but ill take him. Not sure how he will go in the halves but...