Opinion Averillo cooked

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Will Kennedy could be a smokey in a year or so. If Dykes is their favoured long term option at fullback and Johnny Sins wants to play Trindall in the halves with Hynes, then Will could be the odd man out.

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This thread proves the extreme reactionary nature of the Kennel forum. Its probably made by the same people who want to move Burton back to centre, thought JAC was a dud buy and said King is too injury prone and we shouldn't sign him.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This thread proves the extreme reactionary nature of the Kennel forum. Its probably made by the same people who want to move Burton back to centre, thought JAC was a dud buy and said King is too injury prone and we shouldn't sign him.
Spot on

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only young and on a learning curve from hell, hope he can cement the position for 23

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dropping the high ball happens to all players. Maybe less with the good ones.
Biggest problem is his inability to inject himself in to the return of the ball.
He seems happy to just take the tackle.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s looked the best out of all the options tried this season , he’s played what 6 games at fullback ? He will definitely improve and is a keeper in that spot
Off-season will be great for him build that chemistry and sync in with the attack. His shown his support play prior to covid has a bit of speed hopefully he develops into our long term fullback.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will Kennedy could be a smokey in a year or so. If Dykes is their favoured long term option at fullback and Johnny Sins wants to play Trindall in the halves with Hynes, then Will could be the odd man out.
Side note
imagine life as Johnny Sins....

Malla

Reaction score
He’s the best option we have - had a better second half today (no errors ) but gees would be nice to have a dynamic fullback like Drinkwater or even Hammer wasted on the wing
Averillo can be as good as Drinkwater.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake has definitely has potential there but I think the worry is his lack of try assists. Fullbacks need to chime in and ice those 3 on 2 plays. For all of his shortcomings Hoppa was good at that.

I may be wrong but I cant remember Avo setting up any tries since he went back there.

As I said yesterday, we are a one man show in attack. Shut down Burton and no one else can set up a try

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Am I missing something how’s it only about catching how bout how he goes missing the majority of the time during the game how bout how he doesn’t get involved how bout how useless he is in attack how bout how bad of a communicator he is how bout all those things he is useless at if anyone else things he is our fullback going forward then u all have rocks in your head
I think you have definitely missed something, have you watched him at fullback at all?
He scored almost in every game he played at the back.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I reckon the Once Were's will play him into form on Friday.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you have definitely missed something, have you watched him at fullback at all?
He scored almost in every game he played at the back.
Yes he has mate and I think he has been good.

But one of the things I was looking forward to seeing was his ball playing ability at the back and hopefully setting up some tries. I thought he could potentially chime in and set up some tries.

I don’t think he has done that but after a full pre season that should change

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bruh I’d love for you to tell me which other fullback would have a perfect performance coming back from covid, in a new position, against a top 2 side, getting peppered with bombs in the beaming Bundaberg sun in the middle of bumfuck Queensland, with the cowboys massive forward pack coming at you at full pace with murder on their mind

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes he has mate and I think he has been good.

But one of the things I was looking forward to seeing was his ball playing ability at the back and hopefully setting up some tries. I thought he could potentially chime in and set up some tries.

I don’t think he has done that but after a full pre season that should change
Yeah definitely needs more work to prove on, and I’m pretty sure he’s still 21 years old.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah definitely needs more work to prove on, and I’m pretty sure he’s still 21 years old.
Mate I am a huge fan of Jakes.

The fact that one of the parts he struggles with at fullback is his passing is pretty farkin ironic given that he started the year at halfback.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In other words, the clue less no nothing, never played or coached the game in their entire pathetic lives keyboard experts!