Averillo Can not organise!!

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree he did play better today.

But do you really think he is a half? Long term?

Might not be doing the kid justice playing him there...
Certainly not setting the world on fire but just pointing out there is gradual improvement. Noticeably his defence. He was pretty good one on one with Kikau today. He got a few line drop outs. Certainly has a better running game than Flanagan. I do hold some hope.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He’s a centre, imo. Nothing more, nothing less.... but the cupboard is pretty bare atm.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Certainly not setting the world on fire but just pointing out there is gradual improvement. Noticeably his defence. He was pretty good one on one with Kikau today. He got a few line drop outs. Certainly has a better running game than Flanagan. I do hold some hope.
Yeh, on Kikau he was impressive.

A few good kicks.

He does have a better running game than Flanagan that’s for sure.

Would like to see his running game at fullback. Just an extra attacking weapon and having him in broken play is where he is best.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Needs to be dropped next week. Learn his trade in Mounties if he wishes to be a half. He’s done no better than Flanno. His kicking is way too shit to be constantly given the ball on 5th. Gave me ulcers today!
Haha who you gonna pick instead genius? He’s 20 and has looked better than any half we’ve had in the past 2 years.

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanagan was never the problem

Averillo is a low IQ footy player

speed merchant at best and thats it

Alex McKinnon is a better half than Averillo

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
He kicked deep and split the back 2 on a couple of occasions. Still raw but he is slowly improving. I just wonder if he'd be any good at fb where there's less traffic and less pressure to always create something?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely agree he is not an organiser but it's obvious he is improving. His defence, especially his attitude in defence, has improved significantly.

I still have NFI what his best position is but at least we have one player in the squad who is improving

Meanwhile, what the fuck is Wakeham doing. I have barely noticed him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Definitely agree he is not an organiser but it's obvious he is improving. His defence, especially his attitude in defence, has improved significantly.

I still have NFI what his best position is but at least we have one player in the squad who is improving

Because Trent's system is broken. The 5/8 is mostly non existent for large parts of the game, fullback non existent...Trent wasted this season with some horrendous coaching decisions.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Yeh im the same. Im not sure if half is his best position, he hasnt played there long enough and a lot can be put down to being a rookie. But he does have something, and i want to keep him in the side in some capacity once we have enough other halves. Maybe in the backs. Can he play hooker?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I think he would be good playing second fiddle to a dominant half. Tbaz has really thrown him in the deep end putting so much responsibility on him at this stage of his career.

His strength is his running game and I think he would be much more comfortable chiming into things when he sees something rather then being forced to game manage.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He’s improving a lot actually. He’s short kicking game was spot on. He can be a great footy player. Still think fullback is his best spot atm but he’s our best half right now. He doesn’t get the space he needs in the halves though he has explosive pace

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s a centre, imo. Nothing more, nothing less.... but the cupboard is pretty bare atm.
I reckon he is a 6. He reminds me so much of Jack Wighton who went through the same thing, constantly shifted from position to position until he finally settled as a 5/8. Gotta remember he is still only 20....

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I reckon he is a 6. He reminds me so much of Jack Wighton who went through the same thing and was hard to find a spot for him until he finally settled as at 5/8. Gotta remember he is still only 20....
Our fans IQ is awful though, so they don't have a clue. Watching the dogs these last few years has minced our brains.