Averillo Can not organise!!

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s a catch and pass half. Honestly Wakeham out played him. What X Factor did you see? Turnstile in defence and I never see any urgency. I know he’s a local junior and we are all hoping him to succeed. But let’s call a spade a spade. I hope he proves me wrong I really do. But as of now I’m not convinced.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wakeham.....he is the one that has the calmness out of the both. Behind a formidable pack, he will go ok. Avo needs to be in there somewhere, where that is I don't know.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
None of the other options in the halves are any better at organising. Might as well get some experience into Averillo from this car crash of a season as he looks the most likely out of what we have.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look I do want him there he has potential don’t get me wrong. But his kicking game is shit. Not once he hit the turf and he needs to take on the line if we are to see this so called X Factor.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We've actually been somewhat competitive in games since Barrett paired wakeham and averillo in the halves.. like it or not, they are our best options in the halves..
Dont mask the fact we played a depleted Raiders side and a Titans side which is a turnstyle.....

You are blinded by your hate for Flanagan

Our number 1 issue is Sione Katoa and a lack of punch up front

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If there was a reserve grade comp last year he would have been much better. Unfortunately I think this year might do him more harm than good.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's not a natural halfback and he's being asked to be one. He went from bench utility, to ball running 5/8th to primary kicking and organising halfback within the space of 10-15 NRL games... He's doing an okay job all things considered...

His kicking was shit today but he threw some good passes and set up a try.. The last few weeks, his defence and kicking was solid and his passing wasn't.. He'll put it all together eventually...

He needs to run more but he's focused on organising the team. Hopefully his running instincts kick in when he's more used to playing halfback.

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dont mask the fact we played a depleted Raiders side and a Titans side which is a turnstyle.....

You are blinded by your hate for Flanagan

Our number 1 issue is Sione Katoa and a lack of punch up front
No not blinded.. just stating the facts.. we lost the games at the death to the raiders and titans.. mind you we have had our own injury issues and have been depleted..

I have stated several times katoa is our second biggest problem .. but flanagan was our 1st.

Flanagan lead our team to 3 nil games.. and would of been 4 if not for some individual brilliance from Atoni and Meaney..

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Avo’s a 14, bring him on around tired legs...dummy half runs, quick plays, follow the forwards, he’s not creating much he’s not dominant, I agree wakeham outplayed him in attack, also bad in defence, I’d put him as one of the worst 6/7’s in the comp