RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that this movie about giant blue talking cats that really don't exist (or do they) does not deserve to be the highest grossing movie of all time?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i dont understand what the fuss was about, i didnt like it and dont remember anything about it

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
i dont understand what the fuss was about, i didnt like it and dont remember anything about it
I am with you.

It made an obscene amount of money (pushing up towards $3 billion)

I thought it was kind of OK (I watched it on tv but never bothered to go to cinema) but the best movie ever it is not

what i remember is that someone was trying to obtain unobtainium from under a magic singing tree or something like that. A lot of giant blue cats died in a battle

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't seen it, or Titanic or Fast and Furious Fucking 8 for that matter.

I'm a movie snob :grinning:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I had to listen to that stupid fireflies song that was made popular by this movie thousands of times too. It almost convinced me to drill out my eardrums. The movie itself was awful. But they made the world it was set in look pretty good. I walked away from the movie thinking it was something of a criticism for the way the American government "help struggling nations" basically by stealing their natural resources.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I haven't seen it, or Titanic or Fast and Furious Fucking 8 for that matter.

I'm a movie snob :grinning:
Likewise I never saw Titanic (#2 on all time box office gross). I watched about 5 minutes of it and turned it off. It was crap.

Never saw any of F&FF8

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I had to listen to that stupid fireflies song that was made popular by this movie thousands of times too. It almost convinced me to drill out my eardrums. The movie itself was awful. But they made the world it was set in look pretty good. I walked away from the movie thinking it was something of a criticism for the way the American government "help struggling nations" basically by stealing their natural resources.[/QUOTE

Yes very good special effects I agree

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I had to listen to that stupid fireflies song that was made popular by this movie thousands of times too. It almost convinced me to drill out my eardrums. The movie itself was awful. But they made the world it was set in look pretty good. I walked away from the movie thinking it was something of a criticism for the way the American government "help struggling nations" basically by stealing their natural resources.
Yes very good special effects I agree

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The only reason it grossed so high was because it was the first block buster movie to portray the new format of 3D. After seeing the movie a mate pointed it out well. He said, "Without 3D that would have been boring as batshit"

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The only reason it grossed so high was because it was the first block buster movie to portray the new format of 3D. After seeing the movie a mate pointed it out well. He said, "Without 3D that would have been boring as batshit"
Exactly... it was revolutionary for its time.

Funny considering 3D and largely 3D cinema technology is now dead.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ok maybe thats it, i didnt see it in 3D

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that this movie about giant blue talking cats that really don't exist (or do they) does not deserve to be the highest grossing movie of all time?
Does it deserve to be? No.

But the reason it is, is due to all the fuss that was made of it. The biggest CGI and editing and special effects etc etc etc... of all time.

It's budget was USD $237,000,000 to make that damn film.

I remember more from watching Spy Hard in 1996 in a near empty cinema than I do from Avatar!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117723/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spy_Hard