Australian Team Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rocky IV

well at least his offseason wont be disrupted and there is less chance he will get injured.

at the end of the day cam smith is no.1 so farrah and ennis were only ever fighting over position 2

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and what's with civoniceva being selected? OK so he's an awesome player when he's in form, but he hasn't played for at least 10 weeks! You don't just throw someone in Rep footy like that - you have to earn it.
Stop Panther hating :P

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
This is an absolute disgrace. Putting aside my pro Bulldogs sentiment for the moment, here are the cold hard facts.

Farah was given not one but two chances as NSW hooker and failed badly on both occasions. With Farah in the side NSW lost (and QLD won) an unprecedented fourth consecutive SOO series.

Ennis was given an opportunity for SOO III and many rated him as one of the best on the field. His combination with Kimmorley was credited with winning NSW the game.

Ennis is the encumbent NSW hooker and was voted 2009 Dally M Hooker of the Year.

The Bulldogs and Ennis progressed to the third round of the finals. Ennis was a standout in week 1 in the Dogs win over Newcastle. He was solid in week 3 in a beaten team.

How did Farah play in the finals? Not much f*ckn good because his team wasn't there. How can anyone reasonably say that Farah has done anything to justify his selection over Ennis when he hasn't even played for a month and was doing stuff all before the finals anyway?

Being selected to play for Australia carries a lot of prestige and what else was Ennis supposed to do to warrant selection? It is a big rip off and there is just no reason for Farah being selected ahead of Ennis

....oh hang on a minute I forgot ... Timmy Sheens, the Australian coach is also the Tigers and Robbie Farah's coach. Could that have something to do with Farah's selection? I used to have some respect for Sheens but now I think he should be ashamed of himself for his bias and nepotism.

On another note Penrith (with 4) have twice as many Australian reps as the top three teams from the minor premiership combined (2 - both from Dogs). So either Penrith who couldn't even make the 8 underachieved in 2009 or St Merge, Dogs and Gold Coast over-achieved. Anyway, well done to both Josh and the Polar Bear on their selection

Summed it up pretty well but I wanted to say few things too:

Wasn't it already clear to the selectors after third game of state of Origin that who is NSW best hooker.... then what has happened since then and now that has changed selector's mind?

Did Ennis play badly after that and Farah's performance just enhanced...dont think so other wise Farah would have won the Dally M ..wouldn't he.... how dumb of you aussie selectors... this is personal preference at its best Mr. Sheens!!!

100% Warriors

THANKS HAZ!
Reaction score
This is an absolute disgrace. Putting aside my pro Bulldogs sentiment for the moment, here are the cold hard facts.

Farah was given not one but two chances as NSW hooker and failed badly on both occasions. With Farah in the side NSW lost (and QLD won) an unprecedented fourth consecutive SOO series.

Ennis was given an opportunity for SOO III and many rated him as one of the best on the field. His combination with Kimmorley was credited with winning NSW the game.

Ennis is the encumbent NSW hooker and was voted 2009 Dally M Hooker of the Year.

The Bulldogs and Ennis progressed to the third round of the finals. Ennis was a standout in week 1 in the Dogs win over Newcastle. He was solid in week 3 in a beaten team.

How did Farah play in the finals? Not much f*ckn good because his team wasn't there. How can anyone reasonably say that Farah has done anything to justify his selection over Ennis when he hasn't even played for a month and was doing stuff all before the finals anyway?

Being selected to play for Australia carries a lot of prestige and what else was Ennis supposed to do to warrant selection? It is a big rip off and there is just no reason for Farah being selected ahead of Ennis

....oh hang on a minute I forgot ... Timmy Sheens, the Australian coach is also the Tigers and Robbie Farah's coach. Could that have something to do with Farah's selection? I used to have some respect for Sheens but now I think he should be ashamed of himself for his bias and nepotism.

On another note Penrith (with 4) have twice as many Australian reps as the top three teams from the minor premiership combined (2 - both from Dogs). So either Penrith who couldn't even make the 8 underachieved in 2009 or St Merge, Dogs and Gold Coast over-achieved. Anyway, well done to both Josh and the Polar Bear on their selection
WTF?!, maybe because Sheens is the coach

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
unfortunately it is farah and again the dragons failed

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
lol they might get the del up early to do some talking in the studio

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow St Merge are crying pretty hard about being snobbed LOL.

Sucked in

S

Snake Jailbird

I'm pretty worried, they showed last year that they were willing to reward GF winning teams with selections. Look how many Sea Eagles were in the world cup squad.

I will also be pissed if he is selected.
Yeah agree. Wait who was on a one man mission and belted all the qlders in origin ah thats right it was the great one SBW *blows load over SBW* Oh sonny we love u sonny we love u mwa mwa mwa

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah agree. Wait who was on a one man mission and belted all the qlders in origin ah thats right it was the great one SBW *blows load over SBW* Oh sonny we love u sonny we love u mwa mwa mwa
If he was still playing league I am sure the NRL would bend the rules to allow him to play. But wait, perhaps SOO isn't a big enough stage for him...

The only option here is to allow both teams to run out, then have them form a guard of honor when he runs out with the entire 80k+ stadium on their knees. The great one will then take whatever time he needs to decide which state he will honor with his presence that night.

Ok done deal.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I actually beginning to think Luke Douglas is just a figment of my imagination. He doesn't actually exist. He can't.

There can be no other way a versatile, hard working, consistent, tough and good young prop/second rower like him could be overlooked for Origin completely for guys like Kite, Perry, Brett White and then for Australia behind guys like White and Shillington. There's just no way unless Luke Douglas doesn't actually exist. Because in my own fantasy land where he does exist, he's 10 times better than those clowns.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He plays for the Sharks, that came second last. It just seems he has been completely over looked by selecters. TBH I haven't really noticed him either, i dont tend to watch many Sharks games.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
surprised creagh ddnt make it either, but waterhouse is just as good.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He plays for the Sharks, that came second last. It just seems he has been completely over looked by selecters. TBH I haven't really noticed him either, i dont tend to watch many Sharks games.
Yeah but Gallen got selected while barely playing most of the season and Shillington not only played for a dead ordinary Canberra team but was honestly the third best prop on that team all season so how the hell did he make it?

Douglas and Snowden were brilliant all year. Considering they played that well on a bad team and carried them week in week out that should speak even more levels about how good they were.

bulldogs808

Waterboy
Reaction score
i am good mates with luke douglas and i know around origin time he was a lil disappointed thats his name wasnt even being considered. he isnt surprised by his exclusion but once again a lil disappointed. he has to be in the top 10 props in the game and with the injuries i would have thought hed get a shot. his contract has another 2 yrs @ the sharks i think ( mayb only 1 ) but i think u will find him look round. would be an awesome addition to ne team

Status
Not open for further replies.