Australian Politics - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep agree and can't believe how Dave Sharma got voted in over Phelps. Sharma's another cess pool part of the swamp.

But what we have upcoming in Cook seems to be Kelly as an independent, an independent to remove Kelly, and a pre-selected Liberal. By the looks of it, it may be more than enough to remove Kelly as you would assume his current support are more party loyalists rather than Kelly loyalists
Jordies from 6 min mark re Dave Sharma and "alleged" insider trading...Aussie rival to David Purdue over in USA.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hmm. Yeah I saw that, I thought there was something official that had come out and not just media
Do you require a post from the official Liberal Party site if you can't accept media?

Parliament Question Time is on atm.

They are talking about it and also Scomo defending the new revelations about Morrison admitting he asked Kelly to sack his staff member who is also under investigation and accused of sexual assault.

I hope its not endemic in the Liberal Party but things look worrisome for them.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Am i the only one that cringed at this? Aussie Aussie Aussie...

View attachment 21504
A little bit. Not as much as the ever increasing number of flags Tony Abbott used to stand with for press conferences though. But there's a saying that psychopaths wrap themselves in the flag which I think was very applicable with Abbott. Scummo generally wraps himself in a cloak of ignorance more than the flag though.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A little bit. Not as much as the ever increasing number of flags Tony Abbott used to stand with for press conferences though. But there's a saying that psychopaths wrap themselves in the flag which I think was very applicable with Abbott. Scummo generally wraps himself in a cloak of ignorance more than the flag though.
LOL - yeah I remember those flags. They seemed to just keep increasing with every press conference. I think he was the first to coin the phrase "team Australia"?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Clair O'Neil

"Allegations of sexist and offensive actions of the attorney general and industrial relations minister, Christian Porter, some of which he has rejected, were aired on Four Corners with no accountability to follow. An electorate officer of Craig Kelly has allegedly forced office interns to hug and kiss him. He has previously told the Guardian that he would not respond to these allegations given the matters are before courts, and remains today in Kelly’s employment."

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally strength comes through unity until the lvls of the economic structure come to equal balance there is always going to be segregated points of view from rich to poor so in hindsight everyone being on an equal playing field would not only bring strength to a country but it would set an example to the world
1614051515139.png

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's still alleged at this stage. They can't print his name as it could result in him getting beaten to death before he's tried.

After the investigation when he's charged the name will officially come out.
Thanks for closing the Anzac V Mardi Gras thread, I'm sure you didn't do it because you didn't want me to respond to it. I have been looking for a chance to correct your response regarding the so called Catholic Church's enlightenment bit.
The so called enlightenment bit was actually the Protestant revolt or reformation, which was a simple breakaway by some who found living according to what Christ taught to difficult for them. this happens all the time, and the excuse they give is some Catholic did this or that.
If the reformers were right about there interpretation of Christs teachings why are they so divided amongst themselves.
In America there are something like 48,000 different Protestant groups, and growing by 1,000 a year.
Living the life Christ taught is not easy, and many keep looking for a God (religion) that agrees with them about how they want to live.
I hope your not offended, please give my post some respect.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for closing the Anzac V Mardi Gras thread, I'm sure you didn't do it because you didn't want me to respond to it. I have been looking for a chance to correct your response regarding the so called Catholic Church's enlightenment bit.
The so called enlightenment bit was actually the Protestant revolt or reformation, which was a simple breakaway by some who found living according to what Christ taught to difficult for them. this happens all the time, and the excuse they give is some Catholic did this or that.
If the reformers were right about there interpretation of Christs teachings why are they so divided amongst themselves.
In America there are something like 48,000 different Protestant groups, and growing by 1,000 a year.
Living the life Christ taught is not easy, and many keep looking for a God (religion) that agrees with them about how they want to live.
Jesus wept.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not offended at all. I was pretty sure that the majority of the enlightenment was in regard to Protestant, but I thought it also included the Catholic Church. Specifically that they stopped arresting and charging people with heresy when they said that the earth wasn't the centre of the Universe. The church started accepting aspects of science that were earlier not considered compatible with Catholic doctrine.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Do you require a post from the official Liberal Party site if you can't accept media?

Parliament Question Time is on atm.

They are talking about it and also Scomo defending the new revelations about Morrison admitting he asked Kelly to sack his staff member who is also under investigation and accused of sexual assault.

I hope its not endemic in the Liberal Party but things look worrisome for them.
I think we have cross wires what “established facts” are but yes I hope it’s not endemic

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not offended at all. I was pretty sure that the majority of the enlightenment was in regard to Protestant, but I thought it also included the Catholic Church. Specifically that they stopped arresting and charging people with heresy when they said that the earth wasn't the centre of the Universe. The church started accepting aspects of science that were earlier not considered compatible with Catholic doctrine.
No longer was it at the centre of society either..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yay Anna and Dr Janet Young have approved our "regular normal" Anzac Day commemorations.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No longer was it at the centre of society either..
I think it is a good point about Catholics and the enlightenment. Catholics are always the last to adopt any progress and they were strongly against the separation of church and state during the enlightenment.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yay Anna and Dr Janet Young have approved our "regular normal" Anzac Day commemorations.
That’s good but one case of covid and Anzac Day is off for three years as a precautionary measure :grinning:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
LOL - no. He just passes the buck onto someone else (and has been shown to have done so over 200 times this term). He is a good politician, but he is no way a leader. Guy couldn't lead a conga line.
Who’s the alternative mate?
From the same team: Frydenberg? Hunt?
From the other team: Albo to me is decent bloke you’d have a beer with but PM?
Chalmers? Husic?
Not a lot of stock either way.
Scotty from Marketing is playing the ‘man of the people’ role pretty well the same as Kevin-07 did.
Like it or not, it resonates with the punter.
Hard to see him losing in 2022 from here, unless there’s some forthcoming cluster that blows up in his face - but maybe that’s what you meant by ‘good politician’ - just as Howard was.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who’s the alternative mate?
From the same team: Frydenberg? Hunt?
From the other team: Albo to me is decent bloke you’d have a beer with but PM?
Chalmers? Husic?
Not a lot of stock either way.
Scotty from Marketing is playing the ‘man of the people’ role pretty well the same as Kevin-07 did.
Like it or not, it resonates with the punter.
Hard to see him losing in 2022 from here, unless there’s some forthcoming cluster that blows up in his face - but maybe that’s what you meant by ‘good politician’ - just as Howard was.
Corruption and incompetence don't resonate with those punters either and it's all about the cattle...the roster is sub-par in both teams so it's all Morrison's for the foreseeable future.

Libs are set with what they have as leader.

Labor need a charismatic man/woman and Albo as dull as a post. Only even remote possibilities for them, that you could work with to raise their profiles, are the following IMO...but slim pickings:

Mark Dreyfuss?
Clare O'Neill?
Katy Gallagher?
Kenneally?
Jason Clare?
Terri Butler?

Marles, Mark Butler, Chalmers only marginally better than Albo and still as dull.

Nothing much else :grinning:

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
It's possible the earth is the microcosms

Status
Not open for further replies.