Australian Politics - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is he a real journo, or just another opinionated, agenda pushing commentator?
Mixed, I think he generally reports in good faith, however in this case he's called into question because of friendships.

Generally though he tries to be balanced but I personally find some things fly over his head

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And for those who haven't read the room yet, both sides of sexual assault, whether allegations, or proven fact or innocent, after being investigated, is the new standard the women of Australia demand.

If you can't guarantee the safety of half the population? You're not doing your job.

Grace Tame, Australian Of The Year implored us to make some noise. We damn well are.

I commend this article if you want insight.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wonder if you exchange "Christian" with "Jewish" or "Muslim" what the reaction would be to this article.

A real Christian wouldn't want anything to do with the vipers den that is called politics.

PS only part of the article that rings true is the "politicians are like nappies"..... because they are full of shit.
My main concern is the lack of diversity.

"A real Christian wouldn't want anything to do with the vipers den that is called politics."

I agree but this trend is carrying over from USA. Christianity has become corporatised and politised.

There are 11 Hillsong/Pentecostals. They all seem to be the most hardline and opinionated lot in parliament determined to gain as much personal monetary gain as possible, allocate taxpayer money in lop sided pork barrelling as a God given right and no accountability.

There's no scrutiny and when there is, like water rights sell offs, sports rorts, bushfire funds etc etc etc they bluster and conceal and refuse to answer.

Fed up.

I truly don't believe Australians want a conservative right wing lot of narrow minded hypocrits making our laws.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My main concern is the lack of diversity.

"A real Christian wouldn't want anything to do with the vipers den that is called politics."

I agree but this trend is carrying over from USA. Christianity has become corporatised and politised.

There are 11 Hillsong/Pentecostals. They all seem to be the most hardline and opinionated lot in parliament determined to gain as much personal monetary gain as possible, allocate taxpayer money in lop sided pork barrelling as a God given right and no accountability.

There's no scrutiny and when there is, like water rights sell offs, sports rorts, bushfire funds etc etc etc they bluster and conceal and refuse to answer.

Fed up.

I truly don't believe Australians want a conservative right wing lot of narrow minded hypocrits making our laws.
I'm not arguing that, I'm arguing these cults parading as Christians is what pisses me off.

That's why I mentioned real Christians, as you're supposed to live and let live and more importantly, we aren't supposed to force our views on people but help them learn/understand when asked to.

PS you may believe Australia want the right wing but a lot of people don't want the left wing too.

Educated Australians want honest, educated people serving the people the best way possible, not what bullshit agenda their party direct them to push.

PPS please don't confuse the Vatican with pure Christianity, thats a different "beast".

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm not arguing that, I'm arguing these cults parading as Christians is what pisses me off.

That's why I mentioned real Christians, as you're supposed to live and let live and more importantly, we aren't supposed to force our views on people but help them learn/understand when asked to.
That's only the higher ideals of christianity nowdays AssMan :grinning:

It's used as an easy get for extra votes now.

All these guys in the news atm are part of our 'christian pollies' and are amongst the most corrupt.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

PS you may believe Australia want the right wing but a lot of people don't want the left wing too.

Educated Australians want honest, educated people serving the people the best way possible, not what bullshit agenda their party direct them to push.
No we dont want right wing or left wing...just decent, non corrupt wing.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That's only the higher ideals of christianity nowdays AssMan :grinning:

It's used as an easy get for extra votes now.

All these guys in the news atm are part of our 'christian pollies' and are amongst the most corrupt.
Funnily enough, all this crap going on today has been correctly prophesied in the Bible. Without going into too much detail, it talks about us being hated because of His name and the synagogue of Satan (IE fake Christians).

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No we dont want right wing or left wing...just decent, non corrupt wing.
Sorry, that doesn't exist. Both sides are corrupt and play off eachother.

When the majority figure out they are played big time with this divide and conquer bullshit, that's when they realise that the whole fucking bird, and not just the wings, are corrupt.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

PPS please don't confuse the Vatican with pure Christianity, thats a different "beast".
Plus we can have honest, educated people serving the nation because of our corrupt media.

Any possible decent person is soon marginalised and/or a media campaign to discredit them and villify.
Funnily enough, all this crap going on today has been correctly prophesied in the Bible. Without going into too much detail, it talks about us being hated because of His name and the synagogue of Satan (IE fake Christians).
Well maybe so but geez every side is doing a great job of destroying confidence and faith in the current system thats for sure.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Plus we can have honest, educated people serving the nation because of our corrupt media.

Any possible decent person is soon marginalised and/or a media campaign to discredit them and villify.
Well maybe so but geez every side is doing a great job of destroying confidence and faith in the current system thats for sure.
I mentioned it before when having a convo with Hacky, I used to think the government controls the media, these days, I can't blame anyone thinking it's the media that control the government...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sorry, that doesn't exist. Both sides are corrupt and play off eachother.

When the majority figure out they are played big time with this divide and conquer bullshit, that's when they realise that the whole fucking bird, and not just the wings, are corrupt.
I know it doesn't exist but that is the ideal. I know both sides as bad but in the meantime we must call out the current corruption and keep changing government until they listen and get back to grass roots if at all possible.

Its not but I'll go with least corrupt and most accountable. That's def not the party of Scott Morrison. The Liar ftom the Shire.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I know it doesn't exist but that is the ideal. I know both sides as bad but in the meantime we must call out the current corruption and keep changing government until they listen and get back to grass roots if at all possible.

Its not but I'll go with least corrupt and most accountable. That's def not the party of Scott Morrison. The Liar ftom the Shire.
ScuMo reminds me of trump. Only got voted in because their opposition was a bigger piece of shit than them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
ScuMo reminds me of trump. Only got voted in because their opposition was a bigger piece of shit than them.
Truer words were never spoken :grinning:

Every similar personality traits. Know alls who won't listen to anyone else and are pathological liars.

Status
Not open for further replies.