Australian Four Nations Squad Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
exactly!

if they dont want to give fajita the clive churchill medal, they dont want to select him in the national team even though he is the the best prop in the game , then why even let him play.

just fucken ban the **** completely.

This is the point. Both Cronulla and the NRL did not want to take responsibility for punishment, Cronulla because they wanted him on the field and said it was NRL responsibility and the NRL because they said they were waiting for Police information and they wanted Cronulla as his club to take action. Good article in the Telecrap (yesterday?) about this exact situation.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was pretty good in the 70s -80s . Was looking at some of the results and the French were actually pretty competitive back then, such a shame that politics contributed to its decline.
Yeh it was much more interesting a few decades back. It sucks Australia turned down the Great Britain Lions tour to prepare for the 4 nations, now we wont see them play Aus till 2019.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if Daley will deny Shannon Boyd and Trent Merrin a blues jersey next year.

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what aussies are going to do when cronk, smith and JT retire ..probably all 3 in same year.
Australia is well covered in the halves department....however dummyhalf is gonna be tough to fill... unless lichaa or peats come good

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Australia is well covered in the halves department....however dummyhalf is gonna be tough to fill... unless lichaa or peats come good
Friend and McCullough are serviceable enough too

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sum Burgess named captain of England for the Four nations.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/ee5cdbb16e61b336108b1928f7a2741b

SAM Burgess believes the lessons learned from his controversial spell in rugby union will stand him in good stead when he returns to the rugby league international scene later this month.

The 27-year-old South Sydney forward will return to the England team — following a three-year absence — as captain for the Four Nations Series and says he will be better for his experience in the 15-man game.

Burgess, a big-money buy for Bath in 2014, spent just 11 months in the 15-man code as a beacon for criticism while winning five caps for England under Stuart Lancaster before cutting short his stay in favour of a return to the Rabbitohs.

Burgess admits rugby league is “where I belong” after coming through a full season in the NRL, but insists his time in rugby union was “a great experience”.

“It’s good to be back with the English league team but I also had a great time with the English rugby union team as well,” Burgess said on Monday.

“People have an opinion of what it was like but people within knew what sort of environment we were in.

“For me I don’t have any regrets or anything, I’m just looking forward to getting back in an England rugby league jersey and doing my best for my country again.

To be honest I didn’t really take a great deal of notice about what was going on around me (in rugby union).

“(Burgess is) very worthy of the position. He leads from the front,” Bennett said.

Burgess, who led South Sydney in 2016 when Greg Inglis was absent through injury or representative duty, is “over the moon” and says he’ll realise a childhood dream when he leads out a team that is expected to include his twin brothers Tom and George.

Graham will captain England in their warm-up international against France in Avignon on Saturday as Burgess serves a one-match ban carried over from his last match of the NRL season.

Burgess will make his eagerly-anticipated return in England’s opening Four Nations clash against New Zealand at Huddersfield on October 29 and he admits he has some unfinished business against the Kiwis.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Are any of these matched being televised? Looking through planner of Foxtel can't see anything for Fox sports or Channel 9.

Dogs of war76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are any of these matched being televised? Looking through planner of Foxtel can't see anything for Fox sports or Channel 9.
9 and Gem i think
We play Scotland saturday morning from memory

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You know that international rugby league is DEAD when Scotland is the 4th best team....... France and PNG are now gutter-tier
Samoa, Tonga and Fiji are all way better than Scotland. In the 4 nations though the 4th team always alternates between a Southern and a Northern hemisphere team.

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tonga is crap and is filled with dual internationals (like Dorothy).

I would like to see Samoa, Tonga, and Fiji to band together to form a Pac Islands team (like the West Indies in cricket) just to give international League some depth.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That Danny Brough has a better kicking game than some of the halves in the NRL.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know that international rugby league is DEAD when Scotland is the 4th best team....... France and PNG are now gutter-tier
PNG were never good, France have had their moments but were never a consistently good team either. 4th spot should of went to Wales, they beat Scotland,France and Ireland last year.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
PNG were never good, France have had their moments but were never a consistently good team either. 4th spot should of went to Wales, they beat Scotland,France and Ireland last year.
PNG were actually pretty competitive prior to super league. They've beaten NZ, France and GB sides of the past but it seems the gap widened during the late 90s-2000s . IMO it has the potential to be the top ranked nation if the administration can get things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.