Australia expelling two Russian diplomats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Just like the joke of a puppet country we've become, doing whatever the US does...

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...g-two-russian-diplomats/ar-BBKJBuM?li=AAgfIYZ

Australia is set to expel two Russian diplomats from the country, following the United States and other European countries taking action against the Kremlin over the nerve agent attack.

Nine Political Editor Chris Uhlmann revealed the Australian government would remove the diplomats today.

"They are likely to be the intelligence oficials at the Russian embassy," Uhlmann told Today Show.

Earlier US President Donald Trump ordered the expulsion of 60 Russian diplomats in response to the nerve agent attack in the UK which left former spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia in a critical condition.

The US has also ordered Russia's consulate in Seattle to close, as a number of countries gather to jointly punish Moscow for its alleged role in the poisoning of Skripal in Salisbury earlier this month.

It is the toughest action that Mr Trump has taken against Russia and the largest expulsion of Russian intelligence officer.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Now that Putin has an excuse to use his super mega-nuke on us, I'll see you all on the other side.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In reality if Russia planned to do some evil shit I'm sure they could slip spies into almost any country to do it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Technically it's Australia and the US following England's lead. It's definitely the right move though. If only England expelled the Russian diplomats then it would tell Russia that England has no support and could potentially lead to war. Australia, US and everyone else following suit tells Russia that they have no support so there won't be a war. Personally I think there's 3 ways this will likely go:

- Cold war. Russia will use covert agents to just screw with everyone which will generally fail but it may give them some diplomatic power to open negotiations again

- Russia will spend the next few years mending bridges and apologising and they'll be back to where they started

- Russia will take a hard line and threaten everyone in which case they'll be cut off from all trade which will lead to a revolution against Government after their already fragile economy collapses

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You have to present a united front. Remember we are talking 3 superpowers of the United Nations making a move together against Russia and sending a strong message to Putin "This is unacceptable".

It also means sanctions and politics HAVE to come direct from Russia now, not through a dignitary in Aus/UK/US.

If anything it's a smart move.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Why can't we just be neutral like Switzerland? I guarantee you if the US didn't do this, Australia wouldn't have budged either.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Russia shits all over Australia. Don't think they care about attacking us?
What does Australias fleet consist of? 25 outdated warships purchased from The United States which they last used in 1985?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
WW3 coming up. I'm quarter Russian so bow down to me now and I shall tell Uncle Putin to spare you. Muhahahahahahahaaaa

All jokes aside, the world is a boiling pot ready to spill over.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Russia shits all over Australia. Don't think they care about attacking us?
What does Australias fleet consist of? 25 outdated warships purchased from The United States which they last used in 1985?
Russia have a very decent submarine fleet. That's where they would kill us. We'd beat them in aerial combat though and ASIS would compete well against Russian covert operations.

Australia has the problem that we're so cut off from everyone. That said, we're still American allies and we carry out joint ops with the US so Russian knows if it attacks us then it'll be attacking America. The US may not run to defend our borders but they'll use the opportunity to level Russia.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
WW3 coming up. I'm quarter Russian so bow down to me now and I shall tell Uncle Putin to spare you. Muhahahahahahahaaaa

I think the major concern for us is that we've pissed off China a lot lately. If Russia backed up China then we'd be in trouble. On the plus side, Japan would hit China hard then all we would need to do is stop anyone from reaching our shores and let everyone else fight it out.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the major concern for us is that we've pissed off China a lot lately. If Russia backed up China then we'd be in trouble. On the plus side, Japan would hit China hard then all we would need to do is stop anyone from reaching our shores and let everyone else fight it out.
China would wipe japan off the map, a lot has changed since the days of ww2 ;)

@Wahesh sweeden is not neutral, they expelled 1 russian diplomat, actually the following countries did:

• US: 60 diplomats
  • EU countries: France (4); Germany (4); Poland (4); Czech Republic (3); Lithuania (3); Denmark (2); Netherlands (2); Italy (2); Spain (2); Estonia (1); Croatia (1); Finland (1); Hungary (1); Latvia (1); Romania (1); Sweden (1)
  • Ukraine: 13
  • Canada: 4, plus the rejection of 3 further applications from Russia
  • Albania: 2
  • Australia: 2
  • Norway: 1
  • Macedonia: 1

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
China's military size is a lot larger than Japan's but they're still using 1970's soviet technology. Japan's technology is a combination of recent Japanese and US developed technologies that are considered some of the best in the world.

China are currently using the J-15 aircraft as their main fighter/bomber. Japan now have one F-35a's with more on the way. Each one of those could take down a fleet of J-15's. The Japanese naval fleet also makes the Chinese one look like they're playing with toys.

Which is all moot as America have a protection treaty with Japan. The moment any conflict happens between China and Japan, the US will automatically intervene with its full force. That will surely lead to WW3 but it's unlikely that China will survive very long.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Plus there's the advanced missile defence systems in place which could stop any current Chinese missile, meanwhile the Japanese aircraft can strike China from over 250km away with missiles that are near impossible to stop.

Technology wins wars these days and China is still too far behind.

The only real chance China would have is if the struck early with their J-20 stealth bombers. They would have a chance of doing some major damage. Or if they snuck a large contingent of their army into Japanese territory. But if it comes down to an aerial or naval one on one conflict then China would struggle.

Wahesh

Reaction score

@Wahesh sweeden is not neutral, they expelled 1 russian diplomat, actually the following countries did:

• US: 60 diplomats
  • EU countries: France (4); Germany (4); Poland (4); Czech Republic (3); Lithuania (3); Denmark (2); Netherlands (2); Italy (2); Spain (2); Estonia (1); Croatia (1); Finland (1); Hungary (1); Latvia (1); Romania (1); Sweden (1)
  • Ukraine: 13
  • Canada: 4, plus the rejection of 3 further applications from Russia
  • Albania: 2
  • Australia: 2
  • Norway: 1
  • Macedonia: 1
*Sorry I didn't mean Sweeden, I meant Switzerland.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why can't we just be neutral like Switzerland? I guarantee you if the US didn't do this, Australia wouldn't have budged either.
It works for Switzerland. They're in the middle of Europe with no strategic or resource significance. The only ones that would attack Switzerland are the ones that border it and that would only be to get to the country on the other side.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Plus there's the advanced missile defence systems in place which could stop any current Chinese missile, meanwhile the Japanese aircraft can strike China from over 250km away with missiles that are near impossible to stop.

Technology wins wars these days and China is still too far behind.

The only real chance China would have is if the struck early with their J-20 stealth bombers. They would have a chance of doing some major damage. Or if they snuck a large contingent of their army into Japanese territory. But if it comes down to an aerial or naval one on one conflict then China would struggle.
None of these missile defence systems are proven to be able to stop a vast array of incoming icbms, make no mistake about it, china has state of the art missiles, look up the Dongfeng-41, that can reach any target in the US (let alone japan) and carries up to 10 nuclear war heads.
The J-20 is not just a stealth bomber, like the F35 it is multi role. Than you have J-15s against older air-craft like F15 etc. The chinese navy is not playing with toys, look up the type 055 that will soon be in commission, even now they have fairly capable destroyers. You are gravely under estimating the capabilities of china, their military is growing larger and more advanced very quickly.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Why don't we just nuke the whole world move to Saturn?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score

You're a Russian spy I knew it

Status
Not open for further replies.