Australia day / invasion Day shit fight thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was at the Opera House too.. What a night!
Same. We only managed to get about 100m away from the stage 'cause there was too many people there. So we sat down in the middle of the crowd and knocked back a case of beer.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Same. We only managed to get about 100m away from the stage 'cause there was too many people there. So we sat down in the middle of the crowd and knocked back a case of beer.
You know what Hacky we would have been siting pretty close to each other..freaky..20-30 meters apart

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only if the move causes major inconvenience for a single race. If the majority of the Aboriginal community say that they refuse to celebrate Australia day as long as it's on the 26th, then not moving it would be racist.
Your assuming all aborigines want date changed. As I’ve stated here before my misses is part aboriginal. Her grandmother is full aboriginal. None of them want the date changed. They love what this country is.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Your assuming all aborigines want date changed. As I’ve stated here before my misses is part aboriginal. Her grandmother is full aboriginal. None of them want the date changed. They love what this country is.
Nope. You must have missed the earlier part of our discussion.

I said that there should be a plebiscite that Aboriginals can vote on. If the majority of the Aboriginal community says that they want to change the date then Parliament can decide. If the majority doesn't want to change the date then end of debate. We stick with 26th January.

After I said that, Dawg called me racist because I said that only Aboriginals should go in the Plebiscite. Which was stupid because the only reason I suggested the Plebiscite is because he said that Aboriginals didn't want the date changed. So like in all things, he wants to be right but he doesn't want to allow anything that may suggest he's wrong.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope. You must have missed the earlier part of our discussion.

I said that there should be a plebiscite that Aboriginals can vote on. If the majority of the Aboriginal community says that they want to change the date then Parliament can decide. If the majority doesn't want to change the date then end of debate. We stick with 26th January.

After I said that, Dawg called me racist because I said that only Aboriginals should go in the Plebiscite. Which was stupid because the only reason I suggested the Plebiscite is because he said that Aboriginals didn't want the date changed. So like in all things, he wants to be right but he doesn't want to allow anything that may suggest he's wrong.
Your post was perfectly clear, especially the part that said "if the majority".

Its just that some think others shouldn't be heard.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would they be upset if the date was changed?

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t side with either the left or the right, I side with what I always have sided with the Holy Bible. Arguments like Australia day / Invasion day are no different to the lefty BLM/ LGBQTI and right wing extremist movements in the USA currently, and the Arab states versus Israel etc etc It’s all happening around the world at the moment more than ever before in history of mankind and it all proves that the devil is easily deceiving all and is very clearly winning over the weak minded! God help us. Wars and rumours of wars happily provided to us by the worlds media outlets and causing division amongst all brothers and sisters!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Most of you will more than likely disagree and mock me like has happened in the past but I don’t care, I have always been proud and will always be proud in my faith in Elohim our creator, and someone greater than myself.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I say keep it as is, then have additional public holidays for Indigenous Day, Immigrant Day, Kick a Ranga Day and lastly Steak and Blowjob Day.
That covers everything important, pretty sure no minorities would get upset at those.
Irish, redheaded, vegan feminists would mate :tearsofjoy:

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I still watch old episodes of Fast Forward occasionally. There isn't one episode that could fully air now days.
Yeah there is, I couldn’t find the video clip but there was an episode where they did a piss take out of Johnny Howard our prime minister clip and the music was Pretty fly for a white guy Offspring parody. It was hilarious mate they had a bunch of Aboriginal people chucking Howard into a pool and sticking their fingers up at him after it lol wish I could find the video link

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You raise a good point. Some indigenous will never be happy, no matter what. Even if beer was free

If everyone non indigenous had to leave, do they take the Harbour bridge with them? All the air conditioning units, all the comforts, all the beer? Abolish the welfare system, take McDonald's away? Take the cars off the road and transport infrastructure? Smash up all the roads ? Pull up the NBN cables. Shut Coles and Woolworths.

As for the historical mistreatment? Well didn't Kevin Rudd say sorry? Didn't John Howard say that one generation of Australians shouldnt have to be responsible for another generations actions ? Let's just move on I say.

Overall, the Indigenous population should thank their lucky stars for the life they can enjoy today. The progress that came with the inclusion of other people
I dont think any of us should “thank our lucky stars for the life we live today” as it has destroyed humanity”! You are a prime example of that I think, with your materialistic threads!

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would they be upset if the date was changed?
Not sure they just said there extremely happy with how Australia is. Love the place and celebrate Australia Day. I can ask, just gotta do it when there’s been no alcohol involved. Tends to get pretty vocal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.