Australia day / invasion Day shit fight thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I will see what I can do.

I will ring Scottie from Accounting and have him wave his magic wand. (His wife hates it when he does that).
Dont you mean marketing?

Make sure his wife avoids the "OK" hand signal

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dont you mean marketing?

Make sure his wife avoids the "OK" hand signal
Did he do marketing as well?

What can't that man do? (except time a well planed holiday)

I don't think it is the hand his wife is afraid of, that wand is wicked...........................................

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did he do marketing as well?

What can't that man do? (except time a well planed holiday)

I don't think it is the hand his wife is afraid of, that wand is wicked...........................................
Not only did he do marketing he was so successful they sacked him

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mate, seriously, not pissing in your pocket here,
Call it a line in the sand moment.
Im all for proper debate.
As long as its respectful, i would love to discuss any topic with you, anytime.
Fair enough, mate. I’m a little tired tonight, but perhaps tomorrow or another day. I’m generally always up for an exchange of ideas.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
ok.

Just for you.

We can move Australia Day to May 8th and keep Invasion Day as a 4 day weekend around 26/01 for @ASSASSIN and so the First Nations have something to protest.

Too much?
You can call it "Death to Hacky Day" if you want. As long as I get an extra day off work.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not only did he do marketing he was so successful they sacked him

Nah I got it.

Thought we might save that for @Dawgfather for later on.

God I would love to see his head explode when he sees that photo.

Although having said that he will probably come out with another week freedom of speech argument trying to again justify that it is ok for Nazi to commemorate Auschwitz.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah I got it.

Thought we might save that for @Dawgfather for later on.

Got I would love to see his head explode when he sees that photo.

Although having said that he will probably come out with another week freedom of speech argument trying to again justify that it is ok for Nazi to commemorate Auschwitz.
I left it out because just looked it up again, she might have some fungus thing on her hands and was trying to cover it up

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd be happy to celebrate invasion day provided it is a long weekend.

Same goes Australia Day which also must be a long weekend. Only change the date if we get another long weekend, if not it's a waste of time.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
When I was young, everyone used to celebrate Australia Day in a civilised manner - go to the beach or have a picnic or just do your own thing - whatever made you happy. Now, the media hypes up "Invasion Day" protests and that fuels up these idiots who can't think for themselves and go along with it.

It wasn't like this when I was a kid, everyone used to embrace Australia Day - including Aboriginal Elders. Here we just have more pests complaining and protesting for the sake of it.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When I was young, everyone used to celebrate Australia Day in a civilised manner - go to the beach or have a picnic or just do your own thing - whatever made you happy. Now, the media hypes up "Invasion Day" protests and that fuels up these idiots who can't think for themselves and go along with it.

It wasn't like this when I was a kid, everyone used to embrace Australia Day - including Aboriginal Elders. Here we just have more pests complaining and protesting for the sake of it.
I agree and disagree.
If the date is causing distress to actual aboriginal people then whats the harm in changing the date.
I dont care about the left wing nutters who just want to make noise.
But actual aboriginal people, if the date is an issue, change it.

Who cares what date it is.
I say change it to any random date with no significance.
A date for all Australians, no matter where you come from to celibrate living in the amazing country Australia has become for all of us.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree and disagree.
If the date is causing distress to actual aboriginal people then whats the harm in changing the date.
I dont care about the left wing nutters who just want to make noise.
But actual aboriginal people, if the date is an issue, change it.

Who cares what date it is.
I say change it to any random date with no significance.
A date for all Australians, no matter where you come from to celibrate living in the amazing country Australia has become for all of us.
You mean, change it to a random date in summer.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I don't think it should be called invasion day, they should call it illegal immigration day

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, to summarise:

in Queensland we should change the date to June or July as this will be more useful.
In Southern states, it needs to be in summer (maybe just move to last Monday in January?)
For the childfree - somewhere still in summer but not in school holidays, so maybe late Feb? (fair enough).

So we now have 3 days off. 'Straya.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
So, to summarise:

in Queensland we should change the date to June or July as this will be more useful.
In Southern states, it needs to be in summer (maybe just move to last Monday in January?)
For the childfree - somewhere still in summer but not in school holidays, so maybe late Feb? (fair enough).

So we now have 3 days off. 'Straya.
When citizens start becoming infected with the vicious ideology of identity politics, and the idea that the country which has provided so much for them is somehow evil, you end up in crazy scenarios like the idea the people feel the need to change the date of your national holiday.

This isn't about the actual date. It's about the idea that if they can strip you of your national identity, then you won't have an identity (or far less of an identity).

Why would anyone want to do that?

Because if you have no identity, they can tell you what your identity should be.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When citizens start becoming infected with the vicious ideology of identity politics, and the idea that the country which has provided so much for them is somehow evil, you end up in crazy scenarios like the idea the people feel the need to change the date of your national holiday.

This isn't about the actual date. It's about the idea that if they can strip you of your national identity, then you won't have an identity (or far less of an identity).

Why would anyone want to do that?

Because if you have no identity, they can tell you what your identity should be.
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.