Australia Day 2019 - a Positive thread

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know this is wishful thinking, but here goes...

Tomorrow is Australia Day. It also kind of signals the end of the Christmas/New Year break, as people get in that last long weekend away, or piss-cutting session before being back at work / school etc.

So, what is everyone doing? Do people do anything significant, or just lay by the pool (how hot will it be in Sydney?). Tell us what you are grateful for?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, I just want to hear some POSITIVE/FRIENDLY stories. This means no:

- Discussion on moving OR keeping the date - there is enough of that crap in the mainstream papers.
- Silly chest beating, or telling others how they should recognise the day.
- Blaming the left or the right or Todd Greenburg.
- Whining about indigenous people.
- The usual trolling that ruins pretty much every other thread in the Lounge during the off-season.

Ok, go :grinning:

CD.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll start.

Mrs CD and Croydon Pup have been away for two weeks and in an hour or so, I will be heading to the airport to pick them up. Never thought i'd miss them so much, but now have 5 days off to spend with them :grinning:

Mrs CD became a citizen around a decade ago, and says she feels she has generally been welcomed, and seen little racism etc. She has a very positive attitude to life which I think has helped her embrace Australian life, whilst also keeping some of her old world traditions.

Being married to a "new Australian" makes me proud to be involved with a citizenship ceremony on Australia Day, which is becoming a tradition for my household. Tonight I'll be meeting my fellow Rotary Club members to decorate the local town hall, set up the chairs etc, ready to welcome around 30 new citizens tomorrow, from around 10 countries. This year, I have been asked to MC the event, which is an honour, but at the same time, very nerve-wracking, as I only looked at the names list yesterday, and there will be some pronunciations that I hope i don't stuff up too badly. Standing there in the un-air conditioned hall, sweating my arse off in a suit, I will for a moment wish that Philip had landed in, say, September instead of January, but to see the faces of people coming up to the stage to get their certificates makes it all worth it. Afterwards we give out party pies and laming tons, and its during this time, I really get to talk to the new Aussies and hear their stories. And people get to take home a native tree that will ultimately die in their yard :grinning:

Most of these events are open to the public, and I actually recommend you all go to one at least once.

But then in the Afternoon, the suit and pants will be coming off as I then plonk myself on the couch to watch the demolition of the Sri Lankans.

Well, better keep moving with this housework. The place looks like a man and his dog have been living on takeaways for two weeks......

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Generally Australia Day was a beach day for me but haven’t gone there for a few years as it’s been too busy to enjoy. Plus they ban beer (makes sense) and nearly impossible to find a place to park. So pretty much just hang out at home or go to a shopping mall and have a light lunch - nothing major or significant.

Happy Australia Day 2019 Folks.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We had a tradition of going to a beach near Kiama each year, but our mate that lived in Kiama now lives in America so that put a stop to that.

This year I'll be flying to America on Australia day.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Todd Greenberg the left right aboriginal needs to change the date and should celebrate the day how I celebrate it.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Todd Greenberg the left right aboriginal needs to change the date and should celebrate the day how I celebrate it.

At least you didn't try to make up hashtags.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

Last Australia day some butch Lesbian Arab bitch was running around Bankstown saying fuck Australia and fuck white people.

My brother gave her what for, cops were witnessing the whole thing.

Cops consisted of one Anglo cop and 2 middle easterners.

Instead of grabbing the girls for being a nuisance. The Anglo cop stops my brother and trys making an example out of him in front of his M.E colleagues.

If the middle eastern cops were smart they would of been chuckling to themselves and saying what a lonely old faggot their partner is for selling out his own to win their approval!

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last Australia day some butch Lesbian Arab bitch was running around Bankstown saying fuck Australia and fuck white people.

My brother gave her what for, cops were witnessing the whole thing.

Cops consisted of one Anglo cop and 2 middle easterners.

Instead of grabbing the girls for being a nuisance. The Anglo cop stops my brother and trys making an example out of him in front of his M.E colleagues.

If the middle eastern cops were smart they would of been chuckling to themselves and saying what a lonely old faggot their partner is for selling out his own to win their approval!
The lesbian arab would most definitely have a shitty life..... those who live their life full of hate are the most miserable and unhappy people. So you win just by watching IT hate. Hehe

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The lesbian arab would most definitely have a shitty life..... those who live their life full of hate are the most miserable and unhappy people. So you win just by watching IT hate. Hehe
But the cop didn't have to pick on my brother in an attempt to prove he isn't racist. It's ok
Everyone from every race and creed have all thought and said something racist once in their life.

Anyone who says they haven't are the biggest redneck out!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing probably. One year I went into the city for Australia Day and watched it from the Harbour Bridge Pylon... was friggin awesome.

I guess it depends on road closures, what's going on, and if wifey is working.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How funny is this... so theres protest marches in the city for uni students and one poofteenth aboriginal people supporting Invasion Day protests.

Yet one of the most influential Indigenous musical acts in Yothu Yindi have reformed (sans the few that died) and will be performing TWO shows during the day at Parra and Sydney Opera House foreshore.

So if its okay for them to engage in Australia Day celebrations, nobody else has an excuse.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How funny is this... so theres protest marches in the city for uni students and one poofteenth aboriginal people supporting Invasion Day protests.

Yet one of the most influential Indigenous musical acts in Yothu Yindi have reformed (sans the few that died) and will be performing TWO shows during the day at Parra and Sydney Opera House foreshore.

So if its okay for them to engage in Australia Day celebrations, nobody else has an excuse.
FFS. it took a grand total of 5 hours...

A

Alexander the Great

Hawksberry river on the cans chasing jew and king is baby

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
FFS. it took a grand total of 5 hours...
Australia Day is about AUSTRALIA not protesting shit. Simple as that.

and if a band that sung proudly about their hertiage and are internationally known are okay cashing in on Australia Day concert gigs, then the others have no cause for complaint. Half of the idiots attending such protests aren't even aboriginal and hence not impacted by actions of days gone by.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Australia Day is about AUSTRALIA not protesting shit. Simple as that.

and if a band that sung proudly about their hertiage and are internationally known are okay cashing in on Australia Day concert gigs, then the others have no cause for complaint. Half of the idiots attending such protests aren't even aboriginal and hence not impacted by actions of days gone by.
No, Australia day is about whatever you want it to be.

You also know that a group of people can have different opinions?

I really tried to set up the rules/spirit of the thread, and in Kennel style, the whining started...

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Respectful morning, party in the afternoon?

Also I hope many remember that our parks, beaches etc aren't bins. Don't be a lazy prick!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No, Australia day is about whatever you want it to be.

You also know that a group of people can have different opinions?

I really tried to set up the rules/spirit of the thread, and in Kennel style, the whining started...
It's not whining... people should be free to do whatever they want, as long as it doesn't cause a nuisance orr inconvenience others.

I might have wanted to spend a nice day in Hyde Park for Australia Day... oh wait I can't because a group of shintcunts want to have a whinge about something. Protest somewhere else.. like.. oh I don't know .. Garden Island or Fort Denison. Or maybe some oval somewhere that nobody intends to visit.

Australia Day is about celebrating everything that is great about being Australian and living in Australia. Protesting a faux rage over an event that didn't even impact you is Unaustralian.