1. The Kennel is saddened to hear of the passing of one of their much loved members (Izzy Forreal).

Kennelers are invited to pay their respects in the following threads:

Vale: Izzy Forreal

Official Site Statement
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Australia 2018 World Cup Qualification vs Thailand

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rodzilla, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Rodzilla

Rodzilla Terry Lamb 1996

its interesting that since we qualify through asia that we now automatically expect direct qualification to the world cup because weve done it twice, but now on tuesday we are playing thailand at home and need to either have a better result than saudi arabia who host japan, or we need to beat thailand by 3 more than saudi arabia beat japan

if this doesnt happen then we need to beat the other 3rd placed team and the 5th north american team in a playoffs situation, which is easier than if we have to go to south america, current opponents if competition ended now are syria and then honduras

2. Bluewhiteangel

Bluewhiteangel Kennel Enthusiast

The Socceroos have gone backwards since winning the Asian cup.
    But knowing Postecoglou's luck , Saudi Arabia will drop points against Japan and we will beat Thailand and gain direct qualification into the WC

• Like Like x 1
  3. CroydonDog

CroydonDog Immortal Gilded

Footballing powerhouse Thailand.

Current World Ranking is: 130, just behind those giant of Europe, Andorra.

4. Gotenks

Gotenks Immortal Gilded

Ange is a fucking idiot. I can't believe the way he has us playing and some of his idiotic team selections.

5. Rodzilla

Rodzilla Terry Lamb 1996

any country that contains both sagat and m bison must be respected though

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. CroydonDog

That actually too me a good minute to figure out.

Fun fact, it is rumoured that Sagat is based on famous Muay Thai fighter Sagat Petchyindee, who, unlike Conor McGregor, actually had a relatively successful boxing career :)

7. jasonsmith11

jasonsmith11 Participant

again we have strange tactics in sports with cahill on the bench,sports should be all about results not bollocks,who cares if you cant sell nick kyrgios jerseys

8. chris_e_fresh

chris_e_fresh The Virtual One

Seriously this was it game plan run down the side line cross it and it didn't work for 60 mins

Also kruse is fking shit I don't get why he rings him on

Mooy is a gun

9. Gotenks

Gotenks Immortal Gilded

Hahahahahahahaha.

Straight up Ange has fucked us, Bozza is absolutely filthy. I couldn't even trust Ange to get us through the Syria game tbh.

10. CroydonDog

Sounds about right.

Miost of the Aussie players, as expected were a good head height taller than the Thais (like we were over the Japanese). This should have helped us steamroll them

11. Bluewhiteangel

We will qualify for the World Cup.
    The score should have been 8-1 . 8-2 if we include the penalty they should have been awarded. We were unlucky . We may have played poor in previous games and Ange's selections were partly to blame but the game against Thailand was one way traffic and had it not been for the posts we would be talking about the trip to Russia now.
    Juric needs 10 chances to score 1 goal . Kruse is damaged goods from his many injuries and Rogic to slow for my liking .
    Bozza is just a whiny bitch . Name me a Socceroo coach he has NOT criticised. Now wonder Sir Alex called him out in his autobiography .
    Let's face it , the cattle isn't is as talented as what it was in the past and Ange has tried different things. I don't agree with some of his selections but he has identified a way he wants his team to play and is sticking by it. If we fail to make the WC I'm sure Ange will walk, Bozza asking him to be sacked with a WC play off imminent is poor form in my opinion.

12. Bluewhiteangel

So we have to play Syria and if we win that then play the 4th placed team from concacaf which could be America , Panama or Honduras.
    The yanks will finish 3rd so it will be either Panama or Honduras.
    If you cannot account for Syria no the likes of Honduras you don't deserve a World Cup spot.
    I'd love for us to play America but we would struggle against them I think.

13. Trafford10

Trafford10 Kennel Enthusiast Gilded

Oh I didn't know about the concacaf play off!
    It will not be the United States.
    More like Canada or Jamaica.

14. Rodzilla

Rodzilla Terry Lamb 1996

so 1-1 away in malaysia against syria because the referee gifted them a very soft penalty

at least the return game starts with us in position to qualify and they need to score

15. Malla

Malla *********

How should we have played and who should he have picked?

16. belmore_utd

belmore_utd Pro Golf Hack

No Harry Kool or Mark Bruschetta. No hope. Tim Hillcar off the bench!? Does the coach not realise that Timmy shares the same bloodline as the enigmatic immortal Ben Roberts!?

Also need more female tennis Russian imports like Nikita Rukavystia in the squad.

That is all

17. Bluewhiteangel

I dont know what Postecoglou sees inplayers like Frank Juric. You know you’re in trouble if this guy is going to be leading your attack.

18. GoTheDoggies

GoTheDoggies Kennel Addict

Impostercoglou

He did ok in the previous world cup in the worst possible group. Now that Cahill is well and truly past it we have no striker.

When Cahill came on against Thailand only 1 cross went into the box LOL.

Ange has come up with some dud selections.

Against Syria the highlights were comedy gold, I think it was Juric who hit the post 3 times in the same play.

Fraudster-coglu has no plan B. He plays boring posession football when we should be putting crosses into the box against these teams. Instead he thinks we are the Spanish football team and we can pass it into the net.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rodzilla

Rodzilla Terry Lamb 1996

wtf america are eliminated with a 2-1 loss to the trinidad and the tobago lol

australia now play honduras which is a pretty difficult situation

20. Bluewhiteangel

Yeah didn’t see that one coming. USA out .
    We better lift our game because Honduras may just be a tougher opponent that Syria.