Audi Navigation system advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I tried browsing the internet, not much luck. So I figured I'd ask you guys and maybe get lucky...

It's in regards to my wife's 2010 Q7 - 3G MMI system, when I click the NAV button, it says something along the lines of "no navigation found".
Now as far as I'm aware, they all came with Nav as standard and upon browsing some Audi forums I've come to the conclusion that I may just be missing the installation CD.

I've spoken to the dealership previously and to no surprise at all, the person I spoke to had no clue about the nav and told me to call some place that installs after market navigator chips into Audi's.. they wanted $2200. f*#% that.

Has anyone had any experience with a similar issue? or by chance does anybody know where to acquire a 3G Australia Navigation CD?

Cheers

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I tried browsing the internet, not much luck. So I figured I'd ask you guys and maybe get lucky...

It's in regards to my wife's 2010 Q7 - 3G MMI system, when I click the NAV button, it says something along the lines of "no navigation found".
Now as far as I'm aware, they all came with Nav as standard and upon browsing some Audi forums I've come to the conclusion that I may just be missing the installation CD.

I've spoken to the dealership previously and to no surprise at all, the person I spoke to had no clue about the nav and told me to call some place that installs after market navigator chips into Audi's.. they wanted $2200. f*#% that.

Has anyone had any experience with a similar issue? or by chance does anybody know where to acquire a 3G Australia Navigation CD?

Cheers
my advice, throw it in rubbish and get a good after market one

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Buy a decent GPS (I've got the Tomtom Go 6200 and it's bloody brilliant). Shows up HWP cars and mobile speed camera too if people tag them on their routes :grinning:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Has it always done this, or has it only just started playing up?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Call Air Sound Vision Cairns and ask for kirk. He is my best mate, and he is the leading nav man installer in australia. Im not shitting you. He does all the big contracts for rio tinto etc. He is without doubt the best person in Australia for this! If he cant help you, throw it in the bin and order a new system.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you do buy a different GPS system make sure you get one with lifetime maps which you can update for free. Otherwise you'll be forced to pay for map updates.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have the navigation system in my Commodore. The car was released in 2014 with 2013 maps. They've released one map update since then and they want to charge me $500 to update it. I don't even use the maps. They're crap. Crap search function, slow map updates. I just use Google Maps and Waze on my phone. Both are much better than Car Navigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.