News AU REVOIR PEARCE?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
AU REVOIR PEARCE?

French Super League club, Catalans Dragons, have identified their replacement for James Maloney and it’s Knights halfback Mitchell Pearce.

According to a News Corp report, Catalans are set to table a three-year deal to the 32-year-old worth $1.8 million.

Catalans signed Maloney for the 2020 and 2021 Super League seasons on a $600,000 salary. With Maloney officially retiring from professional footy, this year’s grand finalists are on the hunt for a replacement.

Pearce is signed to Newcastle until the end of next season after the club gave him a one-year extension him in March.

News Corp reports Pearce is yet to discuss the offer with the Knights, however the club is aware of Catalans’ interest in their star No.7 after some “robust conversations.”

However Newcastle won’t release him unless they can secure an adequate replacement.

The plan is to shift superstar fullback Kalyn Ponga to the halves but that move isn’t expected to happen until 2023.

Pearce has played over 300 NRL games and has represented New South Wales, however given his age, it’s unlikely he’ll be offered a new deal in Australia beyond his current one.

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well they are looking for a replacement for Maloney.......would probably be better for him to go to France....

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
AU REVOIR PEARCE?

French Super League club, Catalans Dragons, have identified their replacement for James Maloney and it’s Knights halfback Mitchell Pearce.

According to a News Corp report, Catalans are set to table a three-year deal to the 32-year-old worth $1.8 million.

Catalans signed Maloney for the 2020 and 2021 Super League seasons on a $600,000 salary. With Maloney officially retiring from professional footy, this year’s grand finalists are on the hunt for a replacement.

Pearce is signed to Newcastle until the end of next season after the club gave him a one-year extension him in March.

News Corp reports Pearce is yet to discuss the offer with the Knights, however the club is aware of Catalans’ interest in their star No.7 after some “robust conversations.”

However Newcastle won’t release him unless they can secure an adequate replacement.

The plan is to shift superstar fullback Kalyn Ponga to the halves but that move isn’t expected to happen until 2023.

Pearce has played over 300 NRL games and has represented New South Wales, however given his age, it’s unlikely he’ll be offered a new deal in Australia beyond his current one.

I get he’s old. But given the lack of talent in the halves for a lot of teams, I’d assume he’d still get an offer in Australia beyond this one

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did Maloney retire completely, or is he playing park footy somewhere

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad roster for that level. Must still be paying half decent money.
Yer inu just signed there last week for next year MOA been there since start of this year there got a half decent side I reckon the life style would have a bit to do with it as well . I was watching Maloney final interview just before Super League gf when he was at Catalan he said he and the family are loving life over there and he had no reason to rush back to aus he going to start his coaching career over there with his new side coaching the half's that are coming through he said he could have kept playing in the Super League but just don't have the motivation to play 1st grade footy week in week out

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yer inu just signed there last week for next year MOA been there since start of this year there got a half decent side I reckon the life style would have a bit to do with it as well . I was watching Maloney final interview just before Super League gf when he was at Catalan he said he and the family are loving life over there and he had no reason to rush back to aus he going to start his coaching career over there with his new side coaching the half's that are coming through he said he could have kept playing in the Super League but just don't have the motivation to play 1st grade footy week in week out
It’s beautiful over there, jump in the car hour from Monaco, few more from Italy. Me and the misses have discussed moving there a few times for a couple years.

If I had the talent no way I would be playing in Australia on worse money constantly under the spot light and getting slammed for the dumbest shit.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Joey Johns back in the Knights fold as coaching advisor, must be moving back to Newy