Official Au Revoir Dylan Napa

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dylan Napa has sensationally been told to find a new club for next season by his current side, the Catalan Dragons, despite being under-contract for 2023.

The NRL premiership-winner joined the Super League club this season following a three-year stint at Canterbury, where he collected the wooden spoon last season. The front-rower was included in Cook Islands' 24-man squad for the World Cup, however he's yet to crack the 17.

The 29-year-old signed a two-year deal with Catalans in November last year, and was set to reunite with Roosters teammate Siosiua Taukeiaho in 2023, however French newspaper L'Independant is reporting that Napa has been asked to find a new home.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't believe someone at the club thought it would be a good to sign this guy to replace Klemmer and be out pack leader. It's no coincidence that the shittiest years were when this guy was with us. Can't even make a Kukis team full of reserve graders.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like an ideal signing for the Tigers or Dragons.

Best remembered in ESL for getting sent off in his debut game for a high tackle.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
napa was the biggest cat in the nrl, he can add being the biggest cat in super league to his resume as well now
He is just dumb and selectively puts effort in..nowadays that's less often than not.

I remember afew years back when we played for roosters.....he had a 10 out of 10 game. Not many players get that kind of rating, but he was a man possessed that day.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Catalans Dragons have released Cook Islands international prop Dylan Napa from the remainder of his contract by mutual consent.

A short statement read: “Everyone at the club would like to thank him for his contribution and wish him all the best for the future.”

More to follow.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mutual consent eh.... wonder if that means he's been snapped up by another club :D?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is just dumb and selectively puts effort in..nowadays that's less often than not.

I remember afew years back when we played for roosters.....he had a 10 out of 10 game. Not many players get that kind of rating, but he was a man possessed that day.
Round 7 2016 (I think) V the Scabbitohs, he took on their entire forward pack and smashed them, branded them all with huge hits including Sam Burgess twice. He'll reconnect with Skeletor at the Dolphins I'm assuming.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The problem for Napa is that his best assets are tackles that can easily go wrong.. if he hasn't corrected his technique by now I would say he's done.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Napa has signed a train and trial deal with the Cocks.

Watch out lads haha

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
i read he will play for the Roosters in the lower grades