Attn: Andersons, Hill & The Board

fireclust

Waterboy
Reaction score
Napa is aggressive, and whether the stats stack up or not he is possible of changing a game through sheer aggression. It’s the exact thing people love(d) about Klemmer, never takes a backward step. All the great Bulldogs we rave about, Mason or SBW or Omeley, it was all about their mentality - trying to outdo the other with a massive hit. Napa can and will provide that. Not saying he’s a perfect replacement but he wouldn’t look out of place as a bulldog.

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After taking control of the club last season and vowing to correct the mistakes of Dib, Castle and Hasler, it seems that so far your administration is making the same, if not worse mistakes with regards to recruitment and retention. Nothing your administration has done has made the fans feel at ease and the circus has only gotten worse, not better.

As fans we all appreciate the poor cap situation you were handed, we all understand patience is required and we are willing to wait a year or two for the rebuild. Almost everyone was happy to see the previous administration gone and everyone has given your administration all the benefit of the doubt.

However, when our club releases numerous rep players and replaced them with nothing but reserve graders or so-so signings that may pan out then the fanbase will get restless.

You can't let go of current and former rep players in Brett and Josh Morris, Klemmer, Woods and Mbye and replace them with Meaney, Crichton, Sue, Napa and Cogger and expect us to support your regime blindly.

We all understand some players had to go, but you can't replace rep players with reserve graders and tie up what precious little cap space is left on more dead weight.

Instead of finding new homes for Foran, Tolman and Lichaa, the club releases the only players who had any value amd our roster now has more holes and question marks than when you took over.

And also, not standing up to the NRL for their absurd fine that we wouldn't have to pay a cent of if we contested it properly just alienated the fanbase further. This is a corrupt, uneven competition where the Premiers find a way to sign more rep players while a bottom four club like us has to let go of our rep players just to squeeze in some reserve graders. Again, question the NRL and salary cap and TPA's and show some leadership like other strong clubs would!

We used to be a strong club and the hope was that when your regime took over, we would become one again.

But your administration keeps the fans in the dark just as much as the previous one, listens to the fanbase as little as the previous one and shows less ambition than the previous one.

Don't sign Napa or more rejects and start building properly by poaching the best youngsters from other clubs, not the ninth best prospect at that position or players they're happy to release.

You're losing fans and memberships fast and before long, your necks will be on the line and another new regime will come in if things don't improve and you don't start making sound decisions that will improve the club, not set us back another three years.
Excellent post.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
After taking control of the club last season and vowing to correct the mistakes of Dib, Castle and Hasler, it seems that so far your administration is making the same, if not worse mistakes with regards to recruitment and retention. Nothing your administration has done has made the fans feel at ease and the circus has only gotten worse, not better.

As fans we all appreciate the poor cap situation you were handed, we all understand patience is required and we are willing to wait a year or two for the rebuild. Almost everyone was happy to see the previous administration gone and everyone has given your administration all the benefit of the doubt.

However, when our club releases numerous rep players and replaced them with nothing but reserve graders or so-so signings that may pan out then the fanbase will get restless.

You can't let go of current and former rep players in Brett and Josh Morris, Klemmer, Woods and Mbye and replace them with Meaney, Crichton, Sue, Napa and Cogger and expect us to support your regime blindly.

We all understand some players had to go, but you can't replace rep players with reserve graders and tie up what precious little cap space is left on more dead weight.

Instead of finding new homes for Foran, Tolman and Lichaa, the club releases the only players who had any value amd our roster now has more holes and question marks than when you took over.

And also, not standing up to the NRL for their absurd fine that we wouldn't have to pay a cent of if we contested it properly just alienated the fanbase further. This is a corrupt, uneven competition where the Premiers find a way to sign more rep players while a bottom four club like us has to let go of our rep players just to squeeze in some reserve graders. Again, question the NRL and salary cap and TPA's and show some leadership like other strong clubs would!

We used to be a strong club and the hope was that when your regime took over, we would become one again.

But your administration keeps the fans in the dark just as much as the previous one, listens to the fanbase as little as the previous one and shows less ambition than the previous one.

Don't sign Napa or more rejects and start building properly by poaching the best youngsters from other clubs, not the ninth best prospect at that position or players they're happy to release.

You're losing fans and memberships fast and before long, your necks will be on the line and another new regime will come in if things don't improve and you don't start making sound decisions that will improve the club, not set us back another three years.
1. We were over the cap.

2. We haven't been a strong club for 15-20 years.

3. Klemmer is going because he wants more money and knows he is worth more to another club. There's not much we can do other than throw money at the problem. The club is not prepared to do that.

4. More pain lies ahead. 1-2 years? More like 4-5.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whats the best way to email Bulldog admin?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I find myself using the word "unprofessional" a little too much these days. I was happy to give them a chance but it seems every single time I let my guard down thinking they are doing a good job, something else comes up which only sets us back furthur as a club.

As a supporter it's bloody hard to keep copping the hits whenever things seem to be on the upper.

We may be trying to bring back "the family club", but I feel we have lost our backbone along the way.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You keep banging on about Cogger signing for 3 years as reason for board being shit . You need to get facts right

You do realise he was a DIB signing . Signed in January and board elections in February .

Instead of blaming the board for everything , be patient on the rebuild of club . They are building from bottom up again and also need to properly manage cap with money being spent in appropriate positions and players .

Also there is only so much fighting you can do do against the NRL and news limited . Push too hard they will investigate salary cap and I guarantee there is skeletons or they can get the club on dodgy TPA. Every club has broken then rule to some degree , it comes down to whom the nrl lords (news limited) want the NRL to punish so they can drive newspaper sales .
I didn't know that about Cogger so thanks for pointing that out. He was announced so much later than that it seemed like it was the new board. I'll own up to that one.

They never uncover anything even when they do investigate. It's only ever an insider or disgruntled ex employee that uncovers rorts. Plus every other club would be doing much worse than ours. Which is why we're in this mess to begin with. If our club cheated as well as the Roosters then no one would be complaining!

Rorting the cap is the only way we assembled that amazing 2002-2004 roster and the only way bigger clubs like Brisbane, Melbourne, the Roosters and now Cronulla and Souths ever won anything since.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not defending the indifensable, but at least the last mob made mistakes trying to win a premiership.

I have not seen any real leadership from the current mob, just excuses and playing politics to preserve there own necks.

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He'll get one with the Maroons soon enough considering how highly they rate him and he's been 18th man for them. Again, I'm not his biggest fan and think he's not that good but to replace him with Jack Cogger isn't exactly ideal.
Since when did Cogger replace Mbye?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All this is all about is holding the current admin accountable for things they can control.

We know they inherited a disaster and they did a solid enough job. Klemmer leaving is also out of their control.

Who they sign and if they get compensation is down purely to them. If they get those decisions wrong after they paid 125k to the NRL then the good grace period of last year wears off and they start coming under more scrutiny.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fact Woolford was allowed to leave says it all about our recruitment/retention.. the guys has shown alot in lower grades and we should have tied him up..

we also went hard for Segeyaro many months ago and couldnt lure him..

Now Klemmer wants out..

Happy days at Belmore

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough post. I get where you are coming from. But,don’t stress over Napa. If we can get this bloke, the dogs may return. He will perfectly fit in to the bulldogs culture, or the culture i know at the dogs. He is not scared to give a penalty away or too. He is not scared to injure an opponent. Napa belongs at the dogs.

Plus there was clearly no dogs of war on display this year
Napa is not fit to tie Kelmmers shoelaces..

Look at his nos.. rarely cracks 100m which is an expectation for a starting prop..

His discipline record.is poor to add..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The fact Woolford was allowed to leave says it all about our recruitment/retention.. the guys has shown alot in lower grades and we should have tied him up..

we also went hard for Segeyaro many months ago and couldnt lure him..

Now Klemmer wants out..

Happy days at Belmore
Exactly. We still have a Jim Beam Cup player as our starting hooker who can't pass for the fourth straight season. How and why hasn't this been urgently addressed and why must we suffer through another season of Lichaa?

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not defending the indispensable, but at least the last mob made mistakes trying to win a premiership.

I have not seen any real leadership from the current mob, just excuses and playing politics to preserve there own necks.
Fact#1 the last mob set the club back 3years with rockstar backended deals for dead average players.Mbye, Woods

Fact#2 they DIDN’T win a premiership

Fact#3 could identify talent eg Latrell Mitchell & Cameron Munster

Fact#4 Retention policy even more embarrassing eg Finucane/Tapau out. Trex & Tolman upgraded.

Fact #5 read Fact#1 & Fact#2 again.

You don’t require a degree in Accounting or financial management to fully digest the rat’s nest the current board & coaching have had to start with. I too was a supporter of the previous administration ....... until I was made aware of the deception & lies.

Let’s be more be objective & rational less emotive.
But don’t lose your PASSION for the BULLDOGS!

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with the OP that the club is in a shambolic state.. and unlike previous times in our history it doesnt look like we have the know how or ability to change our fortunes for another 2 seasons..

Too many changes at our club too quickly..
Admin gone, coach gone, experienced players gone..

The problem with it has been it hasnt been replaced with experience successful people that have the runs on the board..

Everything old has been replaced with rookies and who knows how it will turn out..

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find myself using the word "unprofessional" a little too much these days. I was happy to give them a chance but it seems every single time I let my guard down thinking they are doing a good job, something else comes up which only sets us back furthur as a club.

As a supporter it's bloody hard to keep copping the hits whenever things seem to be on the upper.

We may be trying to bring back "the family club", but I feel we have lost our backbone along the way.

So please tell me your solution.
How do you believe we get back to where we were 15-20 years ago?
It’s easy to criticise if you don’t have skin in the game.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But you can't replace rep players with rep players.

Most of them are signed to other clubs or about to sign/re-sign.

You sign the reserve players in the hope they turn into rep players.

Someone at the club saw the potential in Lachlan Lewis, though Des didn't.

If he continues the way he played this year, he will be a future rep player.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But you can't replace rep players with rep players.

Most of them are signed to other clubs or about to sign/re-sign.

You sign the reserve players in the hope they turn into rep players.

Someone at the club saw the potential in Lachlan Lewis, though Des didn't.

If he continues the way he played this year, he will be a future rep player.
None of us expect the club to attract stars to this rabble right now. Which is why we need to go hard after the best prospects and try and turn their heads or offer them money they can't refuse the way Newcastle did with Ponga.

Not wasting a lot of that money on guys like Napa when we probably have better props than him at the club even after Klemmer leaves.

Lewis and Martin were diamonds in the rough last season as was Smith but all were signed in years past. At least Pay gave them a run unlike Hasbeen.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
The board have said 2 billion times we can’t make any key signings till 2021