ATTN: All my fellow Simpsons fans...

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Disney showing classic Simo episodes in Widescreen. Means you miss great visual gags like this one. (Original on left, Disney version on right.) Who the fuck makes these moronic decisions and how much do they get paid ffs? Probably some **** who works part-time at the NRL.

s.jpg

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So Disney showing classic Simo episodes in Widescreen. Means you miss great visual gags like this one. (Original on left, Disney version on right.) Who the fuck makes these moronic decisions and how much do they get paid ffs? Probably some **** who works part-time at the NRL.

View attachment 11990
7mate does this now bro, they stretch the 4:3 to 16:9

Very annoying

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

View attachment 11990
7mate does this now bro, they stretch the 4:3 to 16:9

Very annoying
Yep. Disney taking ownership of The Simpsons = fail.

Look in being brutally honest, the first 10 seasons of the Simpsons were the best with seasons 4-8 being epic.

Since Matt Groening left in 1999 to work on Futurama, the show was never the same. You'll also notice the first boot of Futurama from 1999 - 2003 was AWESOME. The re-boot which took place a few years ago was crap.

Fortunately I have all Simpsons eps on digital media. I'll never part with these.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. Disney taking ownership of The Simpsons = fail.

Look in being brutally honest, the first 10 seasons of the Simpsons were the best with seasons 4-8 being epic.

Since Matt Groening left in 1999 to work on Futurama, the show was never the same. You'll also notice the first boot of Futurama from 1999 - 2003 was AWESOME. The re-boot which took place a few years ago was crap.

Fortunately I have all Simpsons eps on digital media. I'll never part with these.
Agree 95%, with the other 5% being, i think season 9 is also epic. New York vs Homer, The Cartridge Family, Lisa the Skeptic, The Joy of Sect, Das Bus and Lisa the Simpson are some of all time fav episodes.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
even if simpsons had great writers you couldnt write for that type of audience anymore and i cant think of any writer today not writing the news

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
even if simpsons had great writers you couldnt write for that type of audience anymore and i cant think of any writer today not writing the news
Yeah, it’s like the creators of Veep said, they just can’t come up with anything that’s more satirical or ridiculous then what’s actually happening for real in DC, so they decided to just give up and end the show.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s like the creators of Veep said, they just can’t come up with anything that’s more satirical or ridiculous then what’s actually happening for real in DC, so they decided to just give up and end the show.
T'was a Great show.

I'm not at all surprised to hear that the character of jonah Ryan was based healivy on senator Ted Cruz

Wahesh

Reaction score
Agree 95%, with the other 5% being, i think season 9 is also epic. New York vs Homer, The Cartridge Family, Lisa the Skeptic, The Joy of Sect, Das Bus and Lisa the Simpson are some of all time fav episodes.
Mountain of Madness if my favorite. The first 2 mins of that episode had me in stitches lol.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mountain of Madness if my favorite. The first 2 mins of that episode had me in stitches lol.
Yeah that's a great episode. This always made me laugh;

Homer: You know, Mr. Burns, you're the richest guy I know. Way richer than Lenny.
Mr. Burns: Oh, yes. But I'd trade it all for a little more.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yeah that's a great episode. This always made me laugh;

Homer: You know, Mr. Burns, you're the richest guy I know. Way richer than Lenny.
Mr. Burns: Oh, yes. But I'd trade it all for a little more.
I know lol. Also when Homer evacuates the plant first and then blocks the door :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

Reaction score

View attachment 11990
@ASSASSIN
:frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning:

I JUST REALISED THAT DUFF, DUFF LITE, AND DUFF DRY ALL COME FROM THE SAME TUBE!

MIND. BLOWN.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion... there are very few Lisa-centric episodes that are actually good.

The most boring character on the show.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion... there are very few Lisa-centric episodes that are actually good.

The most boring character on the show.
The only good Lisa ones I can think of at the moment are her birthday where 'Michael Jackson' and Bart sing that Birthday song, and also where Bleeding Gums Murphy dies and she tries to buy his record as a tribute to him.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only good Lisa ones I can think of at the moment are her birthday where 'Michael Jackson' and Bart sing that Birthday song, and also where Bleeding Gums Murphy dies and she tries to buy his record as a tribute to him.
And probably when she becomes a vego.. but even then, all the most quotable moments of that episode, she isn't one of them.

"It's just a little dirty, it's still good, it's still good"
"You know Smithers I think i will donate a million dollars to the local orphanage... when pigs fly!"
"Is there anything that doesn't have meat?" - "Possibly the meat loaf"

Wahesh

Reaction score
And probably when she becomes a vego.. but even then, all the most quotable moments of that episode, she isn't one of them.

"It's just a little dirty, it's still good, it's still good"
"You know Smithers I think i will donate a million dollars to the local orphanage... when pigs fly!"
"Is there anything that doesn't have meat?" - "Possibly the meat loaf"
Yeah that's true. Yeardley Smith isn't funny at all. She was in an episode of Becker once, and Becker was funnier than her!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah that's true. Yeardley Smith isn't funny at all. She was in an episode of Becker once, and Becker was funnier than her!
I actually loved Becker!

I loved Ted Danson, largely because of "getting even with Dad"