Attention: Fotis (NYE Fireworks Family)

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey idiots,

Every f**king year, you say you're going to put on the "best fireworks display ever" and it turns out to be the same shit every year.

You want to be unique and original, DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

Sincerely,

Wah35h!
Total waste of money unless you have a Restaraunt or Cafe in the city

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey idiots,

Every f**king year, you say you're going to put on the "best fireworks display ever" and it turns out to be the same shit every year.

Sincerely,

Wah35h!
Most people have short memories. That's why we have so many repeats on TV, and the politicians we've got.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I went to bed at 11:55 and was out like a light. I couldn't be bothered staying up 20 more mins to watch the same fireworks as every year with terrible commentary.

The 9pm Parra fireworks with my little family was enough.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Never knew they were on
Our town had its customary 9pm show which we heard but did not see as we live 15km from ground zero. With the amount of public works that need to be done around here absolute waste of money as council picked up the full tab due to businesses being screwed over by COVID. Nice show for the tourists at least...

As for the Sydney extravaganza .........sound asleep....

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our town had its customary 9pm show which we heard but did not see as we live 15km from ground zero. With the amount of public works that need to be done around here absolute waste of money as council picked up the full tab due to businesses being screwed over by COVID. Nice show for the tourists at least...

I played on my pc had 2 whiskeys fell asleep at 11 woke up 130 hot , fell asleep for another hour woke up ,might have my own nye in march when shit settles down lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Same potholes here lol....although managed to see in the new year for our grand daughters sake...like Christmas, kids make it :grinning:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought they were pretty good and much better than previous years.
I mean you can only do so much with fire works for a whole 10 mins or whatever it is every year.
It is a mammoth show but at the end of the day its lasers, lights and fireworks. You cant bend light, change the weather or build a firework that will deliver 100% on its design.
I dont care too much for modern electronic music but it was so much better than the previous shitty 1980-2020 party mixes they usually do.
The waterfall at the end is significant. It is the very point at which we end what was a pretty shitty year and the beginning of the next.
But thats just my opinion. And im probably in a really good mood because last year was fucked and this year is exactly that, a new year.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I mean you can only do so much with fire works for a whole 10 mins or whatever it is every year.
It is a mammoth show but at the end of the day its lasers, lights and fireworks. You cant bend light, change the weather or build a firework that will deliver 100% on its design.
I dont care too much for modern electronic music but it was so much better than the previous shitty 1980-2020 party mixes they usually do.
The waterfall at the end is significant. It is the very point at which we end what was a pretty shitty year and the beginning of the next.
But thats just my opinion. And im probably in a really good mood because last year was fucked and this year is exactly that, a new year.
Gotta keep pushing thru hey :grinning:

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, nice to see an extremely politically left-viewed take on fireworks with the Aboriginal music and lighting effects. How shit were they?
Fair enough having some entertainment like that, or a focus in part on aboriginal culture and our first nations people, but to dedicate an entire fireworks display to it (and the PC rubbish and annoying kid that saturated the coverage either side of it), it was pretty painful, and really a shame/waste of time.

The 9PM one was deliberately meant to serve as a "welcome to country", and was done by indigenous artist Blak Douglas, hence the strong focus on first nations.

I feel they could have done so much more though. What about a dreamtime focus? Or coming together of first nations and Australians in an inclusive fashion (rather than segratory)?

Really a missed opportunity for something special if you ask me. It was almost like the 9PM show was "midnight show leftovers".

Absolutely agree.

It was a bit of a slow burn to being with, but the music was the best it's been in years (rather than choppy 10 seconds of modern music). It was produced by hugely popular Aussie EDM group The Presets (might remember their tracks "My People" and "Talk Like That"), but have been quiet in recent years.

The music allowed the show to flow and synchronise so much better, as the fireworks were able to be timed to the music.

There was a really nice touch on (not sure what building), but it was behind Circular Quay, and had lights going up either side of it. Tis just a shame that OHS and Insurance Companies mean few buildings will allow fireworks off them anymore.

I was actually in the CBD yesterday afternoon, and went over the bridge around 3pm. Strange thing is you can see nothing of the displays on the bridge driving along (unlike previous years). If anyones ever interested in seeing the barges, most years they are held in Darling Harbour about a week before the display (and all branded FOTI/FOTI FIREWORKS).

The ending though I thought was really well done, heaps of colour and action. The theme was apparently "See Sydney Shine", which was meant to reflect "the beginning of what we hope will be an entirely new year for us, and for the world".

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough having some entertainment like that, or a focus in part on aboriginal culture and our first nations people, but to dedicate an entire fireworks display to it (and the PC rubbish and annoying kid that saturated the coverage either side of it), it was pretty painful, and really a shame/waste of time.

The 9PM one was deliberately meant to serve as a "welcome to country", and was done by indigenous artist Blak Douglas, hence the strong focus on first nations.

I feel they could have done so much more though. What about a dreamtime focus? Or coming together of first nations and Australians in an inclusive fashion (rather than segratory)?

Really a missed opportunity for something special if you ask me. It was almost like the 9PM show was "midnight show leftovers".

Absolutely agree.

It was a bit of a slow burn to being with, but the music was the best it's been in years (rather than choppy 10 seconds of modern music). It was produced by hugely popular Aussie EDM group The Presets (might remember their tracks "My People" and "Talk Like That"), but have been quiet in recent years.

The music allowed the show to flow and synchronise so much better, as the fireworks were able to be timed to the music.

There was a really nice touch on (not sure what building), but it was behind Circular Quay, and had lights going up either side of it. Tis just a shame that OHS and Insurance Companies mean few buildings will allow fireworks off them anymore.

I was actually in the CBD yesterday afternoon, and went over the bridge around 3pm. Strange thing is you can see nothing of the displays on the bridge driving along (unlike previous years). If anyones ever interested in seeing the barges, most years they are held in Darling Harbour about a week before the display (and all branded FOTI/FOTI FIREWORKS).

The ending though I thought was really well done, heaps of colour and action. The theme was apparently "See Sydney Shine", which was meant to reflect "the beginning of what we hope will be an entirely new year for us, and for the world".
Yeah I remember the Presets disappearing not long after they done well at the Aria's a few years back now. Then again I didnt really follow them or what was happening in the music scene then or much after.
I use to go to the fireworks nearly every year throughout the 90's up until just after 2000. Back then every year was like 'how are they going to top this next year'.
Your right about the flow of music last night. As I said not my usual thing but its 2022, Im getting older so what would I know about music. Music should be fresh when celebrating the end and the beginning of the new I think. We've heard the classics enough but thats just me.
Id love to drive across the Bridge again. I spent a bit of time hanging out under the Bridge Milsons Point watching the world go by, a special place.
The wife has always wanted to go NYE but its hard for us to plan it living interstate with other commitments. 1 day.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I remember the Presets disappearing not long after they done well at the Aria's a few years back now. Then again I didnt really follow them or what was happening in the music scene then or much after.
I use to go to the fireworks nearly every year throughout the 90's up until just after 2000. Back then every year was like 'how are they going to top this next year'.
Your right about the flow of music last night. As I said not my usual thing but its 2022, Im getting older so what would I know about music. Music should be fresh when celebrating the end and the beginning of the new I think. We've heard the classics enough but thats just me.
Id love to drive across the Bridge again. I spent a bit of time hanging out under the Bridge Milsons Point watching the world go by, a special place.
The wife has always wanted to go NYE but its hard for us to plan it living interstate with other commitments. 1 day.
The harbour is one of the reasons I could never leave Sydney.

40 minutes odd one direction: Beaches
40 minutes odd another direction: Sydney Harbour
40 minutes odd another direction: Blue Mountains

I've always wanted to head in there (Lavendar Bay or Taronga Zoo/Bradleys Head would be perfect), but the prices are astronomical.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Around where I live, the urban terrorists were letting off their claymores and cluster bombs from 8.00pm without stop, until well past 2.00am.

The thought of looking at more fireworks while the bombardment was going on in adjoining streets, and from the hit and run guerillas, was more than I needed.

It was the poor animals that suffered.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe they can start using synchronised drones as well, they seem to be doing some amazing stuff with those. (to mix it up a bit)

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey idiots,

Sincerely,

Wah35h!
"Whooosh-Boom-Yawn..."