1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Attention: Fotis (NYE Fireworks Family)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wahesh, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Wahesh

Wahesh The Forefather of The Kennel

Wow. How shit was that. So... let's rewind shall we? All the way back to 1990. THAT'S WHAT THEY LOOKED LIKE FFS.

Nothing but fireworks just going up and popping. Oh hold on... there was something I noticed. The bridge LEDs going off like crazy, but it's not like the Foti's had to pay for that. Fucking fraudstightarses.

How about that ending though... who would've ever seen a waterfall coming?

Wait wait... I DID LAST YEAR FFS!!!

2. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Super Mod Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

Nah there was definitely some change.

Far more emphasis on lighting this year (which I think was a smart idea). I'd love to see the entire harbour foreshore rigged up though.. from the headlands to inner harbour.

Barges were out past Cremorne Point and as far back as Birchgrove. So they listened in that way and it opened the harbour right up. They weren't constantly firing off the bridge, at one point blacking it out completely to let the harbour barges take over. Then the barges stopped and focus went back to bridge. Flow was far better.

Ending was a little different too.

One thing I did notice, is the right hand side of the bridge (both the arch and the road level fireworks) were having issues firing. So the effect was lost in parts due to a complete blackout in that spot of the bridge.

All in all it was better than years gone by (and I love a good ol fashioned NYE fireworks slag off), so I'll give them credit for trying.

3. Rottie

Rottie Kennel Enthusiast Gilded

You know your living in a great country when peoples are complaining about fireworks....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  4. Wahesh

I'm complaining about them rorting me, the taxpayer, via the Government. If I'm funding that damn thing I want it to be different.

5. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Super Mod Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

That year I'd finished griping and complaining about everything else... :D

6. Rottie

Like I said great country.... fireworks is so goddamn important

7. Wahesh

Wasn't there a total fire ban one year and as a result the Fireworks were cancelled?

8. Rottie

Fuck bro if you are whinging about fireworks you are a fucking lucky person.... period.... thers people in the world that dont know how theyre going to eat their next meal... yet your saying fireworks this fireworks that seriously who gives a fuck about some sparkly lights. be grateful your family is doing well

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wahesh

[​IMG]

10. CroydonDog

CroydonDog Immortal Gilded

The fireworks are paid for by the City of Sydney, so unless you're a ratepayer within the council boundaries, you're likely not paying for them.

11. Wahesh

Da faq? Are you sure? No, I'm certain the State Government pays (or at least chips in) for such an international event.