Attention: Ecca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
@Ecca our resident train driver man, I have a few questions for you regarding your progress as a train driver dude. I'm not thinking of changing careers, but just some info I'm interested in man.

1. How long does it take to learn to conduct a train in order to get your license?
  2. Does TfNSW cover the cost for this fee?
  3. Is driving a millennium train very different to driving a Tangara or silver train, and if so, do you need to learn how to conduct them as well?
  4. How long is a shift?
  5. Do you ever need to see or communicate with your boss?
  6. Is the cash flow better than you thought, as expected or surprisingly less?
Thanks dude ;)

BTW this is a topic open for discussion, hence the thread and not PM.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Do you have to do a physical? Like would I pass it with my condition?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you have to do a physical? Like would I pass it with my condition?
Probably not since the recent incident. There was an incident not too long ago where a driver had a heart attack and it didn't end well.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
From my memory of Astroboy, the future will be driverless trains, but the system will fail / be hacked by Atlas and a small boy robot will have to save the day.

Ok, here is the full episode:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably not since the recent incident. There was an incident not too long ago where a driver had a heart attack and it didn't end well.
They should always have 2 drivers just in case..

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
From my memory of Astroboy, the future will be driverless trains, but the system will fail / be hacked by Atlas and a small boy robot will have to save the day.

Ok, here is the full episode:

I thought they had already starting putting towers in a few years ago for driverless trains

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
RE Physical, Yes you have to pass one

@south of heaven is correct, the deadman and vigilance system protects against that

@Wahesh I'll send you a message brother, My Boss is a bulldogs fan, and I'm pretty sure he is on here (not that there is anything negative to say, but he is probably sick of me already)

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
@Wahesh ,

I got lazy, and decided to give generic answers, if you want to know anything specific, PM me
  1. How long does it take to learn to conduct a train in order to get your license? Not so much a licence, but a qualification - it is about 10 months (but can be longer)
  2. Does TfNSW cover the cost for this fee? It's a Traineeship, so yeah, paid
  3. Is driving a millennium train very different to driving a Tangara or silver train, and if so, do you need to learn how to conduct them as well? You need to learn to drive all sets, and each is uniquely different (even different types of silver trains)
  4. How long is a shift? Shortest I've had is just over 7 hrs, longest is 8:33
  5. Do you ever need to see or communicate with your boss? Yes, but I'm still in training, I am led to believe if you do your job, you can kinda keep to yourself
  6. Is the cash flow better than you thought, as expected or surprisingly less? Yeah, better, but I'm worth more, when you compare what we get to VIC and QLD drivers, and the fact that the network is a lot more demanding, more would be great

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have you ever picked up a chick and banged her in the cabin ?
Do train drivers have the equivalent of the mile high club ?
Are there too many Indians on our trains ?
Can you get free Opal cards for me ?
Have you driven past Belmore yet ?
If someone takes a piss in a train toilet does it fall out on the track ?

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
@Wahesh ,

I got lazy, and decided to give generic answers, if you want to know anything specific, PM me
  1. How long does it take to learn to conduct a train in order to get your license? Not so much a licence, but a qualification - it is about 10 months (but can be longer)
  2. Does TfNSW cover the cost for this fee? It's a Traineeship, so yeah, paid
  3. Is driving a millennium train very different to driving a Tangara or silver train, and if so, do you need to learn how to conduct them as well? You need to learn to drive all sets, and each is uniquely different (even different types of silver trains)
  4. How long is a shift? Shortest I've had is just over 7 hrs, longest is 8:33
  5. Do you ever need to see or communicate with your boss? Yes, but I'm still in training, I am led to believe if you do your job, you can kinda keep to yourself
  6. Is the cash flow better than you thought, as expected or surprisingly less? Yeah, better, but I'm worth more, when you compare what we get to VIC and QLD drivers, and the fact that the network is a lot more demanding, more would be great
If you see Bib or Des anywhere near the lines, run over the pricks

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you ever picked up a chick and banged her in the cabin ?
Do train drivers have the equivalent of the mile high club ?
Are there too many Indians on our trains ?
Can you get free Opal cards for me ?
Have you driven past Belmore yet ?
If someone takes a piss in a train toilet does it fall out on the track ?
I'll answer the Belmore question.... yes

Status
Not open for further replies.