Status
Not open for further replies.

DoGs_R_dA_BeSt™

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...0320-qn27.html

ADRIAN PROSZENKO
March 21, 2010
CANTERBURY coach Kevin Moore could pay a high price - up to $10,000 - for his attack on the referees after Friday night's loss to St George Illawarra.

Moore, who tasted back-to-back defeats for the first time in his coaching career, was scathing in his appraisal of the whistleblowers after the Bulldogs were on the wrong end of 9-3 penalty count.

While he conceded the Dragons deserved their victory, a frustrated Moore unloaded on referees Tony Archer and Matt Cecchin.

''There was a few things that made it difficult for us,'' Moore said. ''We lost Hodgo [Michael Hodgson] early, Mickey Paea should not have returned after half-time. The 9-3 penalty count. Sometimes it feels like you can't get a fair crack of the whip.

''I just thought some of the decisions tonight, honestly, were unacceptable at this level of footy. And that was both ways. I thought 80-20 against us.''

The comment likely to catch the attention of NRL officials is Moore's ''fair crack of the whip'' line. While coaches are allowed to criticise decisions and even the referees, they are not permitted to question their integrity or accuse them of bias.

''With any questionable post-match press conference comments, we generally try to get a copy of the audio or video on Monday to have a look at the context they were said in before we make any decision,'' NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said. ''This would fall into that boat. We've made it very clear to clubs what is and isn't acceptable in relation to post-match comments about referees.''

Roosters coach Brad Fittler was served a $10,000 breach notice last season following a game against Cronulla after suggesting his team's decoy runners were being unfairly scrutinised.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Puh - Leeeeez ..... HTFU Annesley.
The slightest half-winded comemnt and you're more sensitive than Scientologists being picked on.

If he gets fined - $1 from every fan at the game next weeek ensures he can go absolutely Bananas the next time he wants to have a go.

Moore should come out and go "Well since last week cost me $10K I wanted to make sure this lot gets spent well ..... Steven Clark and his refereeing ilk are absolute Sh*t !"

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moore should focus the attention back on himself and his band aid solutions to our 2008 probs.

Now guys like noddy, stagg, ryan and hodgson look vulnerable and aren't providing the impact we need.

Bit of second year syndrome i suspect.... we need better player recruitment.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Moore should focus the attention back on himself and his band aid solutions to our 2008 probs.

Now guys like noddy, stagg, ryan and hodgson look vulnerable and aren't providing the impact we need.

Better player recruitment ??? Remind me how many Dally M award winners we have ?

Pfft - Fkn blow-in.
You should STFU !

bulldogs27

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very finite point of interpretation and I'm mute to
suggest that our Coach was trying to influence
the Referees to be biased. We all know the rules.
Through no fault of our own doing, it has co$T
The Bulldogs quite a tally from misinterpretations these years.
Wear the one's who should be seeking reparations.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Some people have very short memory and no farking idea.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We will be fined for sure. The Bulldogs always get it in the neck.

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
Better player recruitment ??? Remind me how many Dally M award winners we have ?

Pfft - Fkn blow-in.
You should STFU !
Fire up Damo! Simmmo, stick to suggesting Snoop Dogg related banners- they were sh!t, but still of a higher quality than any post of yours since. Go give habibsta a reacharound and discuss how you two supercoaches will fix all our issues while batting each other off.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tadpole shouldn't have mentioned the refs at all because they had absolutely nothing to do with the loss and for me it takes away from the real issue which is how bad we were yet again in many departments.

However, that line from Moore, while toeing the line, should not draw a fine at all. I doubt he'll get fined.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Fire up Damo! Simmmo, stick to suggesting Snoop Dogg related banners- they were sh!t, but still of a higher quality than any post of yours since. Go give habibsta a reacharound and discuss how you two supercoaches will fix all our issues while batting each other off.
:roflol: deadset

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
We were horrible but did the Dragons actually have to get the ball out of their own half the whole game? It seemed like an automatic penalty on the 2nd or 3rd tackle.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Puh - Leeeeez ..... HTFU Annesley.
The slightest half-winded comemnt and you're more sensitive than Scientologists being picked on.

If he gets fined - $1 from every fan at the game next weeek ensures he can go absolutely Bananas the next time he wants to have a go.

Moore should come out and go "Well since last week cost me $10K I wanted to make sure this lot gets spent well ..... Steven Clark and his refereeing ilk are absolute Sh*t !"
please refer to your sig :p

bobnbo

Waterboy
Reaction score
i was at the game, the referreing left a lot to be desired it seems that there is one set of rules for one side & a different set for another (CB)
why is it that when Archer refs the C/B Bulldogs that the side needs 20 points start to even be in contention of winning a game, biast or not
thats the way it seems to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.